IGNORED

When booking the billabong

Chrissy

I'm trying to book the Billabong for 2 people in 2 seperate rooms via hostelbookers as it's 50 baht cheaper each night. When booking here http://www.hostelbookers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=propertyDynamic.overview&intpropertyID=44713&strArrivalDate=2011-04-26&intNights=9

What room do i need? Single en suite im guessing and putting 2 people in the box. However I don't want a single room because of guests id like a double bed. Or is the single en suite a double and just labelled slightly confusingly? Thanks

Billabong could only offer me at 650 baht a night. And I'm not keen on using that payment system to be honest. All looks a little vague

Billabong could only offer me at 650 baht a night. And I'm not keen on using that payment system to be honest. All looks a little vague

Many members of this board use the Billabong, I'm sure their payment system is fine. Drop them an email with your concern and see what can be done

Dodgy

Hi mate,

The payment system is fine :)

Or you could try sending greg the owner of Billabong a pvt message he's a member here and im sure will be happy to help.

I thought it was a bit dodgy at first but payment system is fine, they only take deposit then you pay rest when you get to the hotel. Thats teh way it worked for me :)

I'm trying to book the billabong for 2 people in 2 seperate rooms via hostelbookers as it's 50 baht cheaper each night. When booking here http://www.hostelbookers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=propertyDynamic.overview&intpropertyID=44713&strArrivalDate=2011-04-26&intNights=9

What room do i need? Single en suite im guessing and putting 2 people in the box. However I don't want a single room because of guests id like a double bed. Or is the single en suite a double and just labelled slightly confusingly? Thanks

All the rooms have double beds. The payment method is fine. Loads of us have used it with no problem.

Your getting confused because that website says "Single", it should say Standard. Those "Single"/"Standard rooms are exactly the same as the other rooms but they are a bit smaller. They all have douvle beds.

So if it's cheaper i may aswell book through hostelbookers and then email them to make sure they put the rooms next to each other? Thanks

So if it's cheaper i may aswell book through hostelbookers and then email them to make sure they put the rooms next to each other? Thanks

I don't think Hostelbookers can arrange 2 rooms next to each other, that will just be a gamble. Remember that there are 2 standard rooms on each floor so the chances of them having 2 together aren't great which will mean you probably won't be on the same floor.

If you booked direct you could make sure they are next to each other or at least on the same floor.

Is being next to eachother worth £10 each? Thats what you need to ask yourself.

o ok then i thought maybe hostelbookers just sent a confirmation through to the Billabong saying 2 people between these two dates.

I think id pay the extra 10er if thats all it is.

Thanks wimpy

Why is it that important to have the rooms next door to each other? :Lost1:

just easier too co incide with getting each other up etc

its not overly important but for the extra 10er its worth it for us

Emailed Billabong 4 times now and only got a reply after the first time. They've taken payment from me even though I told them not too if they couldn't match the other price. They didn't tell me payment has been taken my bank rung me. Also around 55 pound was taken which to me seems more than A 20 percent deposit on 11700 baht. Which should of been 10800 baht anyway? I've emailed again but nothing. Also i should mention i specifically told them too email me a breakdown of all costs and to alert me before payment? They didn't

Edited by Chrissy

• 2 weeks later...