Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

(Yet another) Question on tailors - How much to get a suit cut

1981bob

Hey guys, I have another question on Tailors:

I've got 8 meters of suit fabric, which I would like cut into a Jacket & two pairs of pants.

Anyone have a good idea on how much I should expect to pay?

And also, fabric cost me €400. Would you trust Thai tailors with it: I've been searching online & feedback seems to be split between either very positive or very negative.

I'm currently planning on getting it done in Pattaya at "Janya Tailor" on Soi Day & Night.

If you have better tailor in mind please share. I'll be in both Pattaya & Bangkok, so can get it done in either place.

Edited by 1981bob

I just had two made at Tourist Fashion. They're in the arcade where Soi Diana meets 2nd road. I kind of picked them at random but discovered from internet searching that they are quite well regarded - had a few customers while I was there too which is a good sign. The suits and shirts are a perfect fit. Suits came with 2 pairs of pants and had 3 shirts made. 11500 baht. It makes the suits about 5000 each but that's with the 2 pairs of pants, can usually get them for about 4000. Of course depends on material but you're bringing your own. Hard to say what you should pay for BYO material not knowing their break down but at a guess I would say 2-3 thousand. Can get suits made for 3000 with the crappiest of materials.

Depends on the tailor.

I would have no problem if it were Jesse or Victor of Rajawonse Clothier in Bangkok.

I have a dozen shirts and two suites by them. I have some shirts and trousers by another Bangkok tailor but much prefer the quality and fit of the former.

http://www.dress-for-success.com/

my mate had a suit made last month, in the Made in Thailand market.

2700 baht for pants and jacket. Cashmere material, they have cheaper material available

I just had two made at Tourist Fashion. They're in the arcade where Soi Diana meets 2nd road. I kind of picked them at random but discovered from internet searching that they are quite well regarded - had a few customers while I was there too which is a good sign. The suits and shirts are a perfect fit. Suits came with 2 pairs of pants and had 3 shirts made. 11500 baht. It makes the suits about 5000 each but that's with the 2 pairs of pants, can usually get them for about 4000. Of course depends on material but you're bringing your own. Hard to say what you should pay for BYO material not knowing their break down but at a guess I would say 2-3 thousand. Can get suits made for 3000 with the crappiest of materials.

Thanks for the info Ryanstar, will definitely check them out when I hit Pattaya.

Depends on the tailor.

I would have no problem if it were Jesse or Victor of Rajawonse Clothier in Bangkok.

I have a dozen shirts and two suites by them. I have some shirts and trousers by another Bangkok tailor but much prefer the quality and fit of the former.

http://www.dress-for-success.com/

Thanks M8, if I don't get sorted in Pattaya I'll check them out.

my mate had a suit made last month, in the made in thailand market.

2700 baht for pants and jacket. Cashmere material, they have cheaper material available

Is thailand market a specific tailor or is it market area in Pattaya/Bangkok?

Is thailand market a specific tailor or is it market area in Pattaya/Bangkok?

The 'Made in Thailand market' is a big group of stalls on 2nd road, kinda opposite Central Festival shopping centre.

There is many tailors in there but it seems they are all related or working together, just walk around and keep price crunching them all against each other.

The 'made in Thailand market' is a big group of stalls on 2nd road, kinda opposite Central Festival shopping centre.

There is many tailors in there but it seems they are all related or working together, just walk around and keep price crunching them all against each other.

Cool, will have a look.

My mate paid 70 euros for a suit on Soi Sex last year. 'Armani' & with a special lining. Somebody, I think BM Roidfreak, recommended a place opposite the Pig & Whistle on Soi 7. I almost went in, but there were 2 tailors next to each other & also I couldn't be bothered. I think 5000B is on the high side.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif