Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Diana Oasis Apartments

Zizou Z

I'm thinking of staying for one month on my next trip.

This place looks pretty nice and reasonably priced(especially C-Block). But I have been fooled before by web pictures.

Trip Advisor only has 5 reviews and they seem to be either excellent or terrible.

It costs 20,500 baht for one month during high season, excluding water and electricity.

So is this place worth it? Or would you recommend some other apartment for a one month stay?

Edited by sam3384

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking of staying for one month on my next trip.

This place looks pretty nice and reasonably priced(especially C-Block). But I have been fooled before by web pictures.

Trip Advisor only has 5 reviews and they seem to be either excellent or terrible.

It costs 20,500 baht for one month during high season, excluding water and electricity.

So is this place worth it? Or would you recommend some other apartment for a one month stay?

Update: I booked for January 2012.

I got some good information from Trip Advisor, but they only have 7 reviews. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1225372-Reviews-Diana_Oasis_Residence_Hotel_Studios_Garden_Restaurant-Pattaya.html

But still I don't know anything about their gym.

Does anyone know if they have any free weights, cardio equipment, etc?

Is the pool big enough to swim laps?

I would greatly appreciate any information you can pass on.

Edited by sam3384

Diana Oasis operate a small number of rooms on Diana Estate Condominium (Total number of condos/rooms @326). Not sure of the exact number, may be a dozen rooms. They also operate the restaurant on site.

Their rooms are the best you will find on Diana Estate, most have been totally re-modelled and refurbished to a high standard less than 3 years ago. Compared to other providers on the estate, the rooms are expensive, but are of a totally different standard - comparable to a nice boutique hotel room and it looks like good value.

Other good points - quiet for location, close to the action and good security, well maintained gardens. Bad - booked up months in advance.

The gym is the Diana Estate gym, and absolutely nothing to write home about - it is very basic with some free weights, a couple of multigym type machines, and benches. Old exercise bike doesn't work. No A/C, and thus a bit sticky, musty. If its really important to you, get membership elsewhere.

Diana Estate has two pools, both approx 15 metres long, and perfectly adequate for doing lengths, although the one pool is a bit shallow at one end.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ingo67

new tower studio.jpg I let you know in a few weeks ,staying in this t208 apartment for 3 weeks 1,000 bht per night free breaky and lady breakie only 60 bht .... fucking mirror swung it ..looks the biz oasis pool.jpg

I stayed there for a month last summer, one of the trip advisor reviews is mine. Pretty decent, the staff there who also run the restaurant are great. Not much to add that wasn't already said. Quiet, guest friendly, couple blocks away from LK Metro area. You do have to do a bit of walking to get a baht bus in certain directions. I prefer View Talay 6 now. As was already stated the gym is old and musty. Oh and watch out for mosquitos theres a lot of them there.

how's the wifi there? anything you guys didn't like about the hotel?

how's the wifi there? anything you guys didn't like about the hotel?

Its NOT a hotel; posters are continually confusing this.

Its a Condominium complex, with private and commercial owners. There are at least 3 commercial owners who rent condos (mainly studios) on daily, weekly and monthly or more basis - Diana Oasis, Soleil De Siam and Pro Pro.

Diana Oasis offer free wifi to customers and 800bht a month to other residents. Soleil De Siam also offer wifi at 800bht a month. Wifi can be had for shorter periods, such as 100bht a day, 300bht a week.

You would be extremely unlucky not to pick up a signal from one of them (both have multiple hotspots, if thats the right term).

Its NOT a hotel; posters are continually confusing this.

Its a Condominium complex, with private and commercial owners. There are at least 3 commercial owners who rent condos (mainly studios) on daily, weekly and monthly or more basis - Diana Oasis, Soleil De Siam and Pro Pro.

Diana Oasis offer free wifi to customers and 800bht a month to other residents. Soleil De Siam also offer wifi at 800bht a month. Wifi can be had for shorter periods, such as 100bht a day, 300bht a week.

You would be extremely unlucky not to pick up a signal from one of them (both have multiple hotspots, if thats the right term).

I stayed for a month in the tower and was very happy with the location . Getting home at 02:00 a.m. from Walking Street with your BF means a moto taxi ride as baht bus from Pattaya Tai was irregular at best . On site restaurant is good for breakfast and dinner . Biggest complaint was Wifi . I asked for my money back after taking one month option and not getting consistent service for 3 days in a row and kept hearing problem is temporary . I spoke to a year round resident who confirmed the Wifi from the Siam office sucks . Lots of internet cafe's in the area .

so the wifi is not useable huh? did they give you the money back after 3 days of non working wifi? Do they have wired adsl?

how quiet is the room? how is the wall is it thick or thin...can you hear hallway or neighbors easily?

anything else you didn't like about the hotel?

for the wifi maybe some rooms get better reception than the others? or it's all the same.....internet is important for me

Diana Oasis operate a small number of rooms on Diana Estate Condominium (Total number of condos/rooms @326). Not sure of the exact number, may be a dozen rooms. They also operate the restaurant on site.Their rooms are the best you will find on Diana Estate, most have been totally re-modelled and refurbished to a high standard less than 3 years ago. Compared to other providers on the estate, the rooms are expensive, but are of a totally different standard - comparable to a nice boutique hotel room and it looks like good value.Other good points - quiet for location, close to the action and good security, well maintained gardens. Bad - booked up months in advance.The gym is the Diana Estate gym, and absolutely nothing to write home about - it is very basic with some free weights, a couple of multigym type machines, and benches. Old exercise bike doesn't work. No A/C, and thus a bit sticky, musty. If its really important to you, get membership elsewhere.Diana Estate has two pools, both approx 15 metres long, and perfectly adequate for doing lengths, although the one pool is a bit shallow at one end.Hope this helps.

I stayed there for a month last summer, one of the trip advisor reviews is mine. Pretty decent, the staff there who also run the restaurant are great. Not much to add that wasn't already said. Quiet, guest friendly, couple blocks away from LK metro area. You do have to do a bit of walking to get a baht bus in certain directions. I prefer View Talay 6 now. As was already stated the gym is old and musty. Oh and watch out for mosquitos theres a lot of them there.

Gentlemen, thank you for shedding some light on the Gym situation. I suppose if it was of decent quality than the owner would post some photos on the website.

I'm going to take your advice and budget an extra 1000 baht for a gym membership. Very much appreciated.

I've booked into the Diana Oasis for August/September. Stayed before and rooms are good value and the location is great. Had a problem with WIFI last time but its been upgraded so hopefully it'll be ok. Dont get Diana Oasis rooms mixed up with others on the Diana Estate, there's are much more superior to any others on the estate. Also security is good.

Had a problem with WIFI last time but its been upgraded so hopefully it'll be ok.

I have used Diana Oasis wifi nearly every day for the last 9 months - very reliable now, I think there were a couple of days when it was very slow or may be didn't work, but there were problems for everyone in the area at the time. Previous year (late 09/ early 10)they did have quite a few issues.

so the wifi is pretty reliable nowadays? how fast is it...any rooms that will get bad connections?

Diana Oasis operate a small number of rooms on Diana Estate Condominium (Total number of condos/rooms @326). Not sure of the exact number, may be a dozen rooms. They also operate the restaurant on site.

Their rooms are the best you will find on Diana Estate, most have been totally re-modelled and refurbished to a high standard less than 3 years ago. Compared to other providers on the estate, the rooms are expensive, but are of a totally different standard - comparable to a nice boutique hotel room and it looks like good value.

Other good points - quiet for location, close to the action and good security, well maintained gardens. Bad - booked up months in advance.

The gym is the Diana Estate gym, and absolutely nothing to write home about - it is very basic with some free weights, a couple of multigym type machines, and benches. Old exercise bike doesn't work. No A/C, and thus a bit sticky, musty. If its really important to you, get membership elsewhere.

Diana Estate has two pools, both approx 15 metres long, and perfectly adequate for doing lengths, although the one pool is a bit shallow at one end.

Hope this helps.

It says cash-only payment and 5,000 bht deposit do they not take credit cards...and is the 60bht lady breakfast worth booking do you know..thanks in advance... i am there in 6 days...how far to my second home Soi 6 ...sorry for all the questions ,can you tell i am excited and i not even a newbee

Hi Addicts

Just spent a happy 6 weeks at the Oasis. Next off to Brisbane for a job. Then hopefully back for another extended stay at the Oasis. Liked the place very much. Thanks to the very friendly staff and manager Miau I felt like home. Nice and bright, clean studios as shown on their website. They also have a few groundfl. studios, which came in handy, after I had twisted my ankle during a rough night out. Miau very helpful and organized switching of my 3rd. fl. room to ground fl. first thing in the morning, convincing the tenant this was an emergency. Nice bloke. Thanks again. Good choice brekkie, Hotspot always online with good individual speed, I am a surf-freak and yes, this place is certainly very good value for my hard-earned money. As mentioned above, do not mix up Oasis with other renters, major difference in quality. Stay away from private renters. Heard some bad stories during my stay. Hope you all have a great time with plenty of human interaction, no shortage of ladies now, and see you soon at the pool. Rob :Circle_Sharks:

Edited by robsharp2000

so the wifi is pretty reliable nowadays? how fast is it...any rooms that will get bad connections?

Perfectly acceptable speed for Thailand, better than some of my friends internet speeds, but not upto ultra fast Western speeds.

Cannot comment on rooms with bad connections, but I think Diana Oasis have at least 3 transmitters which I imagine cover their rooms. Just ask Meaw when booking.

Note - they do put a block on Torrents.

Edited by ingo67

It says cash-only payment and 5,000 bht deposit do they not take credit cards...and is the 60bht lady breakfast worth booking do you know..thanks in advance... i am there in 6 days...how far to my second home soi 6 ...sorry for all the questions ,can you tell i am excited and i not even a newbee

Lady breakfast - the thai food is pretty good, so if you have a lady every day and can get up, then probably worth a punt for 60bht.

Soi 6 - you could walk it in about 25 minutes, but you can easily get a Bahtbus to take you there in 5/10 minutes for 10bht.

• 7 months later...

I stayed there April 2011 for 4 weeks and thought it was well worth the money. Meow and staff were excellent and I thought the wi-fi was the best that I have ever used in Pattaya.

Good location, set back from Soi Buakhow so not noisy, although I remember a cockerel that I would of gladly strangled if I got my hands on it.

Managed to get in again for 3 weeks in March and cant wait.

I would want to see these rooms first hand. They look great for the price, but do not give any information about the actual size.

I have used Diana Oasis wifi nearly every day for the last 9 months - very reliable now, I think there were a couple of days when it was very slow or may be didn't work, but there were problems for everyone in the area at the time. Previous year (late 09/ early 10)they did have quite a few issues.

How large are the rooms in terms of square meters?

I stayed there for a month last summer, one of the trip advisor reviews is mine. Pretty decent, the staff there who also run the restaurant are great. Not much to add that wasn't already said. Quiet, guest friendly, couple blocks away from LK metro area. You do have to do a bit of walking to get a baht bus in certain directions. I prefer View Talay 6 now. As was already stated the gym is old and musty. Oh and watch out for mosquitos theres a lot of them there.

How large are the rooms?

How large are the rooms in terms of square meters?

How large are the rooms?

Most studios on Diana Estate are either @28sq m (in the low rise blocks A,B,C,D & E) or 32sq m in the tower. Most of Diana Oasis studios are @28sq m.

Most studios on Diana Estate are either @28sq m (in the low rise blocks A,B,C,D & E) or 32sq m in the tower. Most of Diana Oasis studios are @28sq m.

Thanks. The pictures certainly make the rooms look much bigger. This is why it is always necessary to actually look at these places before renting.

• 2 weeks later...

i l

so the wifi is not useable huh? did they give you the money back after 3 days of non working wifi? Do they have wired adsl?

how quiet is the room? how is the wall is it thick or thin...can you hear hallway or neighbors easily?

anything else you didn't like about the hotel?

for the wifi maybe some rooms get better reception than the others? or it's all the same.....internet is important for me

wifi at diana oasis is excellent by thai standards.used my samsung tablet in restaurant and poolside daily, and in tandem with laptop in room.

Soliel de Siam finally has WiFi???

That is amazing...I loved to stay here but the lack of Wifi was a problem for me. Last I recall their monthly was 9,000 a month. The Op mentions 20,000 a month which seems excessive (thats just me).

deffo wi-fi all over now. room rates/deposits vary i paid patrick 10500 pcm room only plus elec/water approx 3000 more , o soleil was 11500 plus 1 month deposit upfront so minimmum layout of 23000

diana oasis is inclusive of brekky wifi etc from 15000pcm but i definately the upmarket,all inclusive FULL service version.

the tower wi-fi is a bit sketchier in the o soleil /pro pro rooms i believe.certainly nothing bad enuff to be cancelling/dishing out refunds imo.

room noise levels perfectly acceptable great sleep patterns there for me.

loved this place when i stayed for 6 months from july- nov 20011.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/96089-hotel-vs-condostudioappartment-pros-and-cons/

many independant reviews linked on trip advisor including my own.

I would want to see these rooms first hand. They look great for the price, but do not give any information about the actual size.

unless you get lucky in low season cant see how you would be able to see the rooms prior to staying as they are booked up months in advance.

im sure meow or staff will gladly show you a room/s on any visit so yopu can judge for your 2013 stay.

any further queries just fire away or email them direct at diana-oasis.com.

I would recommend the D Apartments on Soi Bukhaow. Stayed for a month this high season and will definitely book again for next. Booked the large corner room (50 sq m) for 35k for the month. No added extras. WiFi was great. No gym or restaurant and small plunge pool on the roof. Staff fantastic and brilliant location for everywhere. Flat screen Sony TV with huge channel choice. Really should keep it quiet as I saw many people every day asking for vacancies and they were full until January 19th, well after peak time.