Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

guy on gold bike

pieeater

Why not? There's no law against it. If there was then I'm sure he would have been arrested by now.

After all, he doesn't exactly hide, does he?

The Thais obviously see him for a harmless eccentric as well, and quite right too. So much better than the average farang barhound: swearing and shouting all the time. They make me ashamed to be part of the same species, let alone the same nationality.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Asia

• jerry

• Digsy

• pieeater

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand does not need a Great British tradition. He has no right to act the fool in Thailand.

When he has a visa and is not breaking any rules ... yes he has .

It's the same as a footbalshirt . 120 kg fat drunk morons who never played football in there whole life but are

walking around in an XXXXXXXL Man U shirt , or in other words 'fools who are waving there flag in Thailand also' .

Take a beer in a bar on soi Buakhao , watch the people and in 1 hour you see at least ten bigger fools than

glitterman passing by .

Not every one is perfect as a couple of you here appear to be. My belly rounds out my Chang singlet quite nicely thank you. Get off his back. He is becoming a pattaya icon. All in a bit of fun. Lighten up please. :Grin_Jump1:

When he has a visa and is not breaking any rules ... yes he has .

It's the same as a footbalshirt . 120 kg fat drunk morons who never played football in there whole life but are

walking around in an XXXXXXXL Man U shirt , or in other words 'fools who are waving there flag in Thailand also' .

Take a beer in a bar on soi Buakhao , watch the people and in 1 hour you see at least ten bigger fools than

glitterman passing by .

Many Thai's support Man U and the games are shown in Thailand. Big difference a team shirt and flying a foreign flag in Thailand.

Many Thai's support Man U and the games are shown in Thailand. Big difference a team shirt and flying a foreign flag in Thailand.

Maybe you should come to the development where I live and take down all the foreign flags....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Maybe you should come to the development where I live and take down all the foreign flags....lol

tell me where you are at mate i will get a crew from Pattaya Live and some moto taxi's and we will clean the place up.

Grin_Jump1.gif

glitterman passing by .

You got to be joking ? 10 in an hour ? Way way more than 10 :GoldenSmile1:

You got to be joking ? 10 in an hour ? Way way more than 10 :GoldenSmile1:

I was trying to stay on the safe side but you can probably ad 1 or maybe even 2 zero's to that :GoldenSmile1:

he looks like a complete joke and is a disgrace to farangs. Do you think Thai's go to a foreign country and act the fool while flying a Thai flag? I don't think so.

I understand what your getting at mike asia but here in OZ every nationality flies there flag,the greeks,saudis,they all do so other nationalitys go to my country and do this all the time???? There supposed to be Australian but they never forget were they come from is this right?

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

I can't believe how down you are on this guy, has he offended you in person? I have observed him around Klang, beach road, bakhauw, LK Metro for a couple of years now and he never seems to harm or offend anyone. I am sure if flying the flag on his bike was offensive to the Thai people in any way he would have been stopped long ago.

Take a trip back to the middle of last year, there was something going on, I think it was the world cup or something, I could not turn a corner without seeing a Union Jack, George Cross or a flag from any other country for that matter. Get a grip of yourself boy! How many bars do you walk into that have flags from many, many countries in the world, if this offended Thais how long would these bars last or be allowed to fly these flags, remembering most bars are regularly checked for tea money. I am amazed/bemused at the stance you seem to be taking on this guy flying the Union Jack, do you have a reason to be ashamed of it???

As a national of any country you are entitled to be proud of your country/heritage as the Thais are, and as they are proud of theirs they respect our right to be proud of ours! He is not flying it in their face saying England is better, if he thought that would he be here? He is flying the flag saying he is proud and not ashamed of where he comes from.

I really don't want to go on any more as I don't know you and I don't know glitterman, Answer my first question and then I may understand. I have read before that if you upset this guy he does have a temper, was it you that upset him? I have also read that he is a patron to one or more charities. I feel like telling you to get off your soapbox and on your bike, but that is not what this forum is about.......get my message, leave him alone if has not done any harm to anyone!

Nothing personal but I cannot understand your point of view, perhaps it would be a good idea if next time you saw him you asked him to stop and ask why he does fly the flag and try to reason with him your objections rather than flame him behind the guise of your annomimity on this forum.

Enough.

Again BigReg is it not about Great Britain mate.

i would say the same thing if a guy wearing a dress rode the same bicycle in London or New York with a flag of Saudi Arabia flying.

What would people think if they saw me in the same outfit as glitterman riding around Soho or Blackpool flying an American flag. What right do i have in the UK to fly a foreign flag unless at the embassy.

he looks like a complete joke and is a disgrace to farangs. Do you think Thai's go to a foreign country and act the fool while flying a Thai flag? I don't think so.

quite a few farangs in Pattaya do not respect either Thai or common public behavior, e.g the half naked sweating crowd in soi buakaow area.IMHO the Golden man is better representative for his country as the colorful harmless element he is who make people smile. The flag and use i have no knowledge off, but cann't see the two tiny Union Jack ( and one Confederate) could offense anyone.

It's Pattaya and it's U2Y. Cann't really compare the place to anywhere else

Have any of you supporters of this fool seen his posts on other forums. He is a nut case plain and simple. No foreigner has a right to fly a foreign flag in Thailand end of story. Thailand does not allow foreigners to easily get permanent residence here this isn't England or Australia or the USA. Respect the country you are a visitor in. Remember you are a guest here you don't have a green card you don't have any rights in Thailand.

disgrace to farangs imo, no reason to fly a foreign flag in Thailand unless at the embassy. Makes us all look bad but hey this is Pattaya

He did start with a Thai flag but the police complained that part of it was covered, so he took it off! Very strange guy.

Have any of you supporters of this fool seen his posts on other forums. He is a nut case plain and simple. No foreigner has a right to fly a foreign flag in Thailand end of story. Thailand does not allow foreigners to easily get permanent residence here this isn't England or Australia or the USA. Respect the country you are a visitor in. Remember you are a guest here you don't have a green card you don't have any rights in Thailand.

Seriously, enough with the "shouldn't be allowed to fly foreign flag" crap. Is there a law saying don't be flying foreign flags? Perhaps when I next go to the Billabong I should tell Greg to take down his flag, and also the two Irish bars across the street. Then while I'm on my big flag banning crusade should go down all them bars on Soi 7 and 8 that have many foreign flags flying.

A guy riding arround on a bike with a gold cape amusing people while minding his own business or a drunk agressive farang manhandling a lady four times smaller than him?

I know which one I'd be more concerned about.

Seriously, enough with the "shouldn't be allowed to fly foreign flag" crap. Is there a law saying don't be flying foreign flags? Perhaps when I next go to the Billabong I should tell Greg to take down his flag, and also the two Irish bars across the street. Then while I'm on my big flag banning crusade should go down all them bars on Soi 7 and 8 that have many foreign flags flying.

A guy riding arround on a bike with a gold cape amusing people while minding his own business or a drunk agressive farang manhandling a lady four times smaller than him?

Your type of attitude is why many Thais have so much hate towards farangs in pattaya. Comparing him to drunk farangs is a good comparison, both white trash I agree with you

Your type of attitude is why many Thais have so much hate towards farangs in pattaya. Comparing him to drunk farangs is a good comparison, both white trash I agree with you

Yeah obviously the Thai people hate me, what with me being really nice and friendly and all to themrolleyes.gif

Seriously a guy cycling about in a gold cape annoys you, man you have some severe problemsrolleyes.gif

Mike ,

they maybe hate the stupid white trash that makes Pattaya to what it is now , a god forgotten place with a lot of crazy/criminal people from all over the world

but i don't know 1 Thai that hates glitterman , flag or no flag , to call him white trash is not fair and based on nothing .

I think you're staying in Thailand to long and your brain is infected with 'the Thai logic disease' :P

Add a high number of hotels to the list and someone really have to look into the little flag quite a few Americans carry on their shirt and cap, could trick a war or two :GoldenSmile1:

Out of curiosity do any BM know the Thai rules for use of foreign flag, sizes etc?

Edited by Kandinski

He is from UK and a member of pattaya secret, .. He is alright , dont bother with anybody but doing his hobby he loves, riding the bycycle around the town... We all have our own hobbies, Why criticize him for doing what he loves... Good luck to him.

He looks like a complete wanker always have a little chukle when i see him

Take a beer in a bar on soi Buakhao , watch the people and in 1 hour you see at least ten bigger fools than glitterman passing by .

Or just turn round and look inside the bar and see dozens in seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

So on the one hand you have a guy, lets call him Mike, who comes to Pattaya to shag young girls but doesnt fly the Union Jack above his bedstead. He spends his money anonymously and is just another monger to all Thais - except his barfines, for whom, of course, he is a hansum man. Otherwise he is ignored by all Thais and foreign tourists.

On the other, there is an eccentric, youngish guy, independently wealthy, doesn't shag hookers (apparently) but has a small Union Jack flag. He makes people of all nationalities smile. People remember him. Residents, shopkeepers, tourists wave to acknowledge him daily. Whilst he may not contribute a huge amount financially directly to the local economy or specific girls, he does provide many visitors with a fun memory of Pattaya and a photo to show the folks back home.

About the only thing he has in common with someone like Mike is that they dont care what people think about their actions and probably wouldn't be seen dead doing the same thing back in the UK.

I always thought correct protocol was to fly a Thai flag above the respective Foreign flag.

Makes things easier.

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

So on the one hand you have a guy, lets call him Mike, who comes to Pattaya to shag young girls but doesnt fly the Union Jack above his bedstead. He spends his money anonymously and is just another monger to all Thais - except his barfines, for whom, of course, he is a hansum man. Otherwise he is ignored by all Thais and foreign tourists.

On the other, there is an eccentric, youngish guy, independently wealthy, doesn't shag hookers (apparently) but has a small Union Jack flag. He makes people of all nationalities smile. People remember him. Residents, shopkeepers, tourists wave to acknowledge him daily. Whilst he may not contribute a huge amount financially directly to the local economy or specific girls, he does provide many visitors with a fun memory of Pattaya and a photo to show the folks back home.

About the only thing he has in common with someone like Mike is that they dont care what people think about their actions and probably wouldn't be seen dead doing the same thing back in the UK.

You don't know anything about me and probably less about glitterman. Get on another bandwagon

I have seen this guy at least twice every time I have been to patts. Last trip I often seen him out the front of the family mart on second road near alcazar.

I said G'day as I walked past one day. He seemed harmless. Good on him for living what ever dream he is living!

I'm sure Thai's are more discussed by a lot of other things that foreigners do in patts then a harmless guy getting around on a bike.

I saw him parked up outside there in the shade. I went inside to buy a drink and was opening it as I came outside when I looked up and saw him. He actually gave me a shock but he was smiling and we said hello to each other. He seemed harmless enough. Each to their own.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 4 months later...