IGNORED

Looking to expand my skillset

seanie

Hi people.

I'm looking to expand my skillset with some IT training.

Had a look online and theres a plether of different Qualifacation out there.

So which ones and recognised worldwide and which are the ones that are not worth the papaer there written on.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

Hi people.

I'm looking to expand my skillset with some IT training.

Had a look online and theres a plether of different Qualifacation out there.

So which ones and recognised worldwide and which are the ones that are not worth the papaer there written on.

What area of IT are you looking to get into?

Support?

Development?

Coops

ITS MY GAMBLE YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GGF

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

Thank you for the correction.

That's what I get for trying to do it in a hurry and not reading it back before posting.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you do say will be taken out of context and used against you!

What area of IT are you looking to get into?

Support?

Development?

Coops

Was thinking something along the lines of Web Design or support as these seem to be continually expanding.

Unless someone else has a better idea?

Was thinking something along the lines of Web Design or support as these seem to be continually expanding.

I've been in the network field for about 7 years now. The pay is good and love doing it. I have seen a lot of people jumping ship to security when they acquired their CISSP. Have a few friends that are doing very well in the security field.

Really depends on the individual, do you like networking or security? If you are eager to learn web designing I'd say go for it, don't really know how the job market is looking for web designers.

I guess, you can talk to lamook (Brian). He can give you good pointers on webmaster and website management etc. He can also help you to start your own websites to make some extra cash. I would recommend that you should PM him.

Web design is pretty much in the realm of development these days.

Certificates in .net and database technologies are a good way to get global qualifications. This takes you into the realm of intranets and not just interwebs.

In Support I think the best cert to start are Microsoft and Cisco. Globally recognized and are segmented so you can get in with entry level cert do some more units and build up to higher level certs.

I have Microsoft MCSE and working towards CCNP. I started in level 2 and 3 support now I do Networking and VoIP. As pimonger said Networking and security is a good stream and of course VoIP is becoming global for medium large and government enterprise. Everyone has a network. Cisco certs are global and the networking stream pays good.

Good Luck

Coops

ITS MY GAMBLE YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GGF

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

there is an awfull lot of work coming up to get everyone over to IPV6, networking skills are always going to be in demand.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Has given me a few lines to look in.