Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting vaccinated while in Pattaya

Baanos

Hi fellows, I am considering getting vaccines not before going to Pattaya but in Pattaya. The reason why I want to do that then is that I want to avoid the outrageous cost of getting vaccinated in my home country. However, I am aware that getting the vaccines while in Pattaya will not make me immune right away because some of them take time to take effect like the hepatitis B vaccine for which you need months to be fully immune. I know you may think I'm crazy but I'm willing to take the risk. However, I think I read that you get single shot ones for hepatitis A and typhoid.

It would be really helpful if we could post here a number of places where they offer several varieties of vaccines in the Pattaya area, and at what cost. Also, I'm wondering if getting vaccinated during a trip could ruin the trip because of symptoms. Thanks!

Hi fellows, I am considering getting vaccines not before going to Pattaya but in Pattaya. The reason why I want to do that then is that I want to avoid the outrageous cost of getting vaccinated in my home country. However, I am aware that getting the vaccines while in Pattaya will not make me immune right away because some of them take time to take effect like the hepatitis B vaccine for which you need months to be fully immune. I know you may think I'm crazy but I'm willing to take the risk. However, I think I read that you get single shot ones for hepatitis A and typhoid.

It would be really helpful if we could post here a number of places where they offer several varieties of vaccines in the Pattaya area, and at what cost. Also, I'm wondering if getting vaccinated during a trip could ruin the trip because of symptoms. Thanks!

can't give you any advice from experience mate as we don't pay for them in the uk.

however a lot of board members use this doctor http://www.dr-olivier-clinic.com/

if you don't have any luck with him there are plenty of clinics around and i'm sure they won't be expensive.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Yes, Doctor Olivier can help.

But I saw Sicko, can't you guys get it for free?

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

The Red Cross Hospital would most likely be the cheapest there is one in Sri Racha and Bangkok. This was taken from their website November 2009 so probably not much different now if any.

I remember it took a bit of searching to actually find the page this was on, sorry I don't have the link now but a search should throw it up for you.

12.gif

Innovative Medical Services Travellers' and Tourists' Health Advisory Clinic

The Thai Red Cross Society offers vaccinations for various diseases including diarrhea, typhoid, encephalitis, hepatitis B, gammaglobulin, and tetanus to people planning to go abroad. The Society also issues international certificates of vaccination and advises on prevention of malaria and other epidemics in Thailand and neighboring countries. A book on preventive medicine for interested travellers, entitled The Thai Red Cross Society's Guide to Healthy Living in Thailand, is also available for sale.

Service Fees

1. Tetanus 15 baht/injection (three times)

2. Hepatitis A 750 baht/injection (two times)

3. Hepatitis B 360 baht/injection (three times)

4. Meningitis 180 baht/injection (for three years)

5. Encephalitis 400 baht/injection (three times per 1-2 years)

6. Cholera 300 baht/pack

7. Polio 50 baht/three drops

8. Typhoid 310 baht/injection (for three years)

9. Gammaglobulin 400 baht/ 2 cc

Note: The yellow booklet (international certicates of vaccination) is issued at a cost of 20 baht per copy.

Although it says they offer vaccinations for people planning to go abroad they should vaccinate you if you ask.

This is taken from the "Red Cross Principles and Values"

"Impartiality

It makes no discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions. It endeavours to relieve the suffering of individuals, being guided solely by their needs, and to give priority to the most urgent cases of distress."

I would suggest to anybody who does go there to make a donation over and above the actual bill you recieve, The Red Cross is a charity and makes no money on these vaccinations.

Al.

Edited by Al.

• 1 year later...

I believe all the hospitals should be able to set you up.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.