IGNORED

Cheap deals to Bangkok

Mcyachty

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with a mob doing return airfares to Bangkok from anywhere in the world. Here is the flyer being handed out in Walking Street, and they have an office set up too.

Aparently, you have to buy the ticket here in the Walking Street office. Tickets are sold in pairs, so either pay double or come wi a mate. You have to buy accomodation with their partner hotels which is a minimum or 37 euro per night.

Even with all this, it is still a good deal, I think.

Anyone paid them any money?

50 Euro special - front page.jpg

50 Euro special - back page.jpg

Can't speak for this company, but as both an ex travel Consultant and someone who has travelled to over 50 countries, I am sure this is not possible! purchasing airfares in Thailand for Thai nationals is cheaper than us nationals, but even allowing for this, the'd still need to use the services of an International airline, who would charge slot more than. that!

The government taxes alone on a Sydney flight is $162 about. So this fare Is certain to exclude these.

The flyer mentions that if they can't get you a flight with 7 daysof your preferred date they'll refund the money. Just doesn't sound doable to me!

I'm happy to be proven wrong though, but in my travel experience, if an offer looks too good to be true, then it is! Especially with a marketing strategy as legitimate as flyers on Walking Street!

Best of luck though!

Seems almost too good to be true !

Why would tourists, who are already here on return-tickets, want to buy tickets to Pattaya, when they already are here & have their tickets home ? Presumably they're offering the cheap-tickets for your next trip over here, which might not be for some months ?

How easy would it be for people to obtain their 100-euro (for 2 pax) refunds, if the agency were unable to obtain the tickets for them, once they had flown back home again, and what is the refund/cancellation/administration-fee ? Is the money bonded, in case the agency has financial-problems, and with whom ?

What is the minimum number of hotel-nights, at 37-euros per-night, that you have to pay-for, when do you pay it & how good is the accomodation offered ?

My conclusion ... Handle With Care ! :Circle_Sharks:

Edited by semi-retired member

WARNING :- IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE , IT NORMALLY IS. SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER SCAM TO ME, BE CAREFUL ESPECIALLY IN PATTAYA WHERE A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE EASILY PARTED. :2Cents1: :2Cents1:

Why would tourists, who are already here on return-tickets, want to buy tickets to Pattaya, when they already are here & have their tickets home ?

For their next trip ? The "offer" is valid until March 2012.

They should better advertise outside Thailand.

What is the minimum number of hotel-nights, at 37-euros per-night, that you have to pay-for ?

7 nights

I am also interested of any feedback.

Honestly, when you see their office on Walking Street, you cannot think it's a scam, but this promo seems so strange...

And I would like to see that promo on the http://www.tourismthailand.org website, for example, and not only on flyers.

Edited by boswell

7 nights

Thanks, boswell, I now see where it says on the flyer "you must purchase 7 nights in a Pattaya hotel at a minimum rate of E37 per-person per night. Total for 7 nights accomodation is E259."

So that's Euros-309 per-person, for flight & hotel, and you have to book for two people also, note that "Min. 2 people per voucher = E100", so that seemingly makes it Euros-618 for two people for one week, with Euros-100 up-front for your "Return Airfare voucher". So not quite such a great deal as it first appeared, although still attractive, if you're coming long-haul.

I'm assuming, but can't actually see where it says, that the E50 return airfare applies to both people travelling.

I would also note that "Each day we are given a number of promotional seats to offer", but that "This promotional offer ... is not associated with any other hotel, airline, person or entity.", so who actually 'gives' those seats ? What happens if they stop 'giving' them, especially before the "promo airfare offer" commences on "30th March 2011" ?

If one were nit-picking, which I never would, one might also note that "if we cannot get you a flight within 7 days of your preferred date, we will refund your E-50 in full.", so what happens if they do get you a flight, but it's not for the route you want ? Or it's on an airline that wants to add airport-taxes or baggage-charges or booking-fees or meal-charges or fuel-surcharges or VAT or credit-card-charges, to their initial fare ? Do they still give you a full refund, with no refund/admin/credit-card fees ? And if you've paid Euros-100 as-required, for two people, do you get Euros-100 refunded, not just the Euros-50 they promise ?

And why doesn't the offer apply to "Ex pats or Thailand residents", is that all expats (wherever resident), or might people who live here be more-likely/able to come back to ask for their refund in-person ? Why might that be a problem ?

If the "Thailand Tourism Development Centre" is actually a private business, "Asia Biz Partners Co. Ltd. (Thailand)", then why did they chose such a quasi-governmental-sounding trading-name, some might wonder ?

I could go on ... but life's too short, and I can think of better things to do ! The (very) small-print says "see instore for full terms & conditions", that would seem to be good advice, to anyone contemplating a wonderful offer like this.

Edited by semi-retired member

WARNING :- IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE , IT NORMALLY IS. SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER SCAM TO ME, BE CAREFUL ESPECIALLY IN PATTAYA WHERE A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE EASILY PARTED. :2Cents1: :2Cents1:

I would second that

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 5 weeks later...

If one were nit-picking, which I never would, one might also note that "if we cannot get you a flight within 7 days of your preferred date, we will refund your E-50 in full.", so what happens if they do get you a flight, but it's not for the route you want ?

Well, if you go in "knowing" the entire thing is a scam, then you will realise the trick will be trying to get your 50 x 2 back... the rest of it it's just padding

WAKE UP, DON'T BE A DUMBASS ! 1st, there's never anything worthwhile on handbills, ever. 2nd - It's written in Cyrillic ! Russians are of course, known to be the most honest of expats in Pattaya. I love Russia and Russians, but I trust them as far as I can throw them. Have you sent 10K Euros to Nigeria to free up the vast estate of an unknown relative recently ? Why don't people ever look at a deal that's too good to be true and ask oneself - How do they make any money on this deal ? What's the catch ? Are airline seats unoccupied at this time ? Are plane fares going down ? Gee, is fuel getting less expensive ? 3rd - you're going to give your CC numbers to Slavic stranger. Ask yourself, where does most of the worlds CC fraud originate ? Good idea - probably not, huh ? wj

This must be a scam imo. Don´t beleive any serious company could arrange this for the price mentioned, and fromm all the airports listed. This would definately involve a lot of different carriers, and i don´t for a second beleive all of them would issue tickest for that price. Another thing is - if they are unable to book you on a flight you proably would have to struggle to get your refund. I would for sure say thank you - but NO thank you to this "offer".

just my ha baht

Everyone has the right to my opinion

I went in to the office and queried their price early January.

The 50 Euro is per person, and you have to buy in pairs. Bit a problem if you fly alone.

Then I saw that I must pay in cash in advance for my next trip over, to stay in a place unknown for 'special price'.

THEN the sneaky small print that ALL flights and accommodation start at the end of March 2011.

Being a natural cynic I went to the local bookies and put a fiver that the shop will be closed 1 April,

with a sign on the door announcing grand opening soon....