IGNORED

Airfare from Craigslist

cboogs

I know most airfare posts on Craigslist are usually some kind of a scam. I came across some guy wanting to get rid of a ticket from the northeast US to BKK for $600. With hotel accommodations, I could have my trip booked for under $1000 US for 12 nights in Pattaya. The guy says he is on the flight too, but his original travel partner canceled. He's willing to accept Paypal as payment, so I would assume I'm protected from being scammed. What do you guys think? I literally just found out about Pattaya a few weeks ago, I've been reading this board at least 6 hours a day learning all I can. Should I take a shot on this deal and try to get myself to Pattaya for the first time in my life?

You would need to find out if its possible to change the name on the ticket first and how much it would cost if it was possible.

Al.

You would need to find out if its possible to change the name on the ticket first and how much it would cost if it was possible.

Al.

It is, and it's $75 US from what the seller told me. Do you think I'm safe taking a shot since I'm using Paypal to pay him?

It is, and it's $75 US from what the seller told me. Do you think I'm safe taking a shot since I'm using Paypal to pay him?

I really don't know. I wouldn't like to advise you in case you got scammed perhaps someone else could advise you.

If it's any help I've just checked China Air has flights from JFK for $913 next month.

Al.

Edited by Al.

I really don't know. I wouldn't like to advise you in case you got scammed perhaps someone else could advise you.

If it's any help I've just checked China Air has flights from JFK for $913 next month.

Al.

Thanks Al, what dates did you enter to get that price?

if you are useing paypal you should not have a problem because you can get the money back if it is a scam

Thanks Al, what dates did you enter to get that price?

I went here Matrix then I put 1st February. It shows airfares for the whole month. When I first tried it they were showing 3 dates at that price now only 1 on 27th but that can change.

Al.

I went here Matrix then I put 1st February. It shows airfares for the whole month. When I first tried it they were showing 3 dates at that price now only 1 on 27th but that can change.

Al.

I've tried the Matrix site about 6 times since I saw your earlier thread. But I keep getting the message, "Sorry, You must have reached this page in Error"...Not sure why, but it won't work for me...

if you are useing paypal you should not have a problem because you can get the money back if it is a scam

I thought that Paypal offered total protection on purchases, but I have to read up on their terms more before I pull the trigger on the deal...Thanks for the input. Hopefully I end up in Pattaya at the beginning of February...

Its working fine this end try this http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

Al.

Nope, still getting the same message...I'm going to read up on Paypal's buyer protection details. If all seems good, I may pull the trigger. I'm thinking the guy may have received a free companion ticket and is just trying to sell that. Most scammers wouldn't agree to payment through Paypal.

Nope, still getting the same message...I'm going to read up on Paypal's buyer protection details. If all seems good, I may pull the trigger. I'm thinking the guy may have received a free companion ticket and is just trying to sell that. Most scammers wouldn't agree to payment through Paypal.

Let us know how you get on.

Al

You're completely wrong about Paypal. Paypal is just a hair better than Western Union - basically, it sucks. Google around a bit.

If the guy is on the same flight, tell him you will bring cash to the airport. Actually, if he's on the same flight, it means that he's in the same area. Why don't you meet up with him? You can still encounter a local scammer, but most of these guys are from somewhere else.

You're completely wrong about Paypal. Paypal is just a hair better than Western Union - basically, it sucks. Google around a bit.

If the guy is on the same flight, tell him you will bring cash to the airport. Actually, if he's on the same flight, it means that he's in the same area. Why don't you meet up with him? You can still encounter a local scammer, but most of these guys are from somewhere else.

I was thinking the exact same thing, offer to buy him a beer and with Ticket in hand give the airline a call.