IGNORED

travelling to and from thailand

griffinz

HI all hope later this year to start building my house in rayong,i work offshore in Aberdeen and will be looking too travell back and forth every month,can anyone suggest the best company maybe i could do a deal if i travell 8-10 times a year.also need to be carefull as the weather plays havoc with the helicopter lifts so need too maybe get a flight change etc,the missus will be staying there with the baby bwhilst the build is ongoing,so i need to rent a place going to be fun cant wait lol.

I don't know about travel companies but you should get an Airmiles/frequent flyer card with your prefered airline. 8 to 10 times a year will get you a free flight in no time.

In your case I would say that it would be worth contacting a large travel agency such as trailfinder, travelbag etc and explaining your circumstances. There are plenty listed in the back of the Sunday papers. I would have thought that they could give you better advice and help than trying with the airlines directly.

I would then get loyalty cards for all the major airline groups (One World, Star Alliance etc) and register them with the travel agent and you will soon be racking up the points!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

If you end up traveling with different airlines because of cost and availability issues it would be best to get a CC that gives good miles that are not restricted. Use the CC and the airlines frequent flier programs to get the best bang for your buck.

Good luck with the house, it can be fun yet stressful at the same time.

thanx for replys guys.yeah i know it will be stressfull but going to be worth it using a company from bangkok called mudahouse ,bit more expensive but good reviews on them and great standard for matierials.

The key thing is to book all your tickets UK-BKK-UK, and not BKK-UK-BKK, if cost is a factor. I'm assuming you'll be paying part/all of the tickets yourself, not all company-travel, and that you'll know your definite required-travel-dates when you book ?

Then find out which airline(s) have good connections from Aberdeen, for example don't Emirates fly to EDI or GLA ?, and ask them who their main UK-consolidation agents are, and discuss your situation with them.

On heavily-discounted totally inflexible tickets, you'll maybe only get 25% of the normal airmiles, but they do still add-up, so leadpencil's advice about getting & using their frequent-flyer loyalty-card makes good sense !

See also the thread, further down the page, on flights ABZ-LGW with onward-connections to BKK, for some ideas on other routes out of ABZ ! Seems that you're not the only BM in your situation.

Edited by semi-retired member

which thread further down are you taking about

"Aberdeen - London Gatwick", now directly underneath.

"Aberdeen - London Gatwick", now directly underneath.

sorry i must be thick ,cannot find it.