IGNORED

2011 Queensland floods

rapa

To all those people affected in those devasting floods, our hearts go out to you all.To family and friends who have lost love ones. Our thoughts are with you in these tough times.God bless you all.

:25:

Farang Key Nok , mai mee satang

Yes all the best....they are doing it hard right now and looks like it is going to get even worse over the next few days.

To all those people affected in those devasting floods, our hearts go out to you all.To family and friends who have lost love ones. Our thoughts are with you in these tough times.God bless you all.

nice one mate, good on ya.

its pretty full on, check out this link of it

Well said mate. The beauty of Australia is that when things are tough the whole country rises up to help out, so those ravaged by the floods will not be left to cope alone. God Bless.

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Nice thought, guys.. Looking forward to the next few days (NOT). Sort of overshadows the bush fires in WA though, eh.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I have a horrible feeling of hopelessness at the moment, having gone through the 74 floods whilst I still lived with my parents.

My mum is still in that same house in Fairfield, Brisbane, that went under to the ceilings (9ft ceilings) and the house is around a metre off the ground, I never imagined that it could happen again, with the construction of Wivanhoe Dam.

I was home for 3 weeks over Xmas and kept saying to everyone, that what had been going on for the previous 2 or 3 months (was home in Oct) was almost exactly what happened in 74, weeks of wet weather followed by a deluge that the ground and the dams could not handle, although that was caused by a weakening Cyclone, this looks far worse this time.

I truly feel hopeless, is there anything to be gained by hopping on a flight home to try and help, when I know only too well that there will be months of hardship to be endured once the water recedes, my only hope right now, is that the predicted peaks don't happen or the ceiling wont be where it stops.

I also have the added worry that my youngest son, who was due to move in the next 2 weeks, is living in a house that went under in 74.

Not sure what I should be doing right now, truly a feeling of hopelessness.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Sorry to hear that bam_bam.Hope everything is ok there mate.they have just said on the news that it is worse than the 74 floods and are predicting 9000 homes to be evacuated.6500 homes were evacuated in 74.Brisbane is in real trouble and the dam is at 170% capacity so floods gates are open which wont help the situation.They are expecting the worse day to be on thursday.keep our fingers crossed.Theres not much anyone can do except move to higher ground and wait for the water to recede.heart goes out to you and your family.Hope all goes well

Well after all of the warnings about it being even worse than 74, height wise, it stopped a reported 1 metre or so shy of the prediction.

My former business in Rocklea packed up a couple of million dollars worth of machinery and computers and shipped it all out, no insurance cover for flooding and it was a case of didn't need to in the end, not only was it 1 metre shy, out at Rocklea, it was 2 metres shy, according to the post out the front of the Water Board dept around the corner.

In the end my sons place about 1km away from there, only got a foot of water thru it and luckily he got around 80% of his stuff out of there and the things he didn't will mostly be OK.

My nephew was down around my mums today in a canoe and it looks like it only got around a foot above the window sill, last time it was 6" short of the 9ft ceilings, so maybe some of the gear they stacked as high as they could, after they couldn't get cars in there anymore may have survived, including a big flat screen TV I bought her a couple of years ago, that they forgot to get out, but it was high up in a big solid timber wall unit.

Not a great result, but much better than was expected, now the cleanup begins, feel bad I'm not there to help.

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Thats great news mate,your family were 1 of the lucky ones :ThankGod1: