IGNORED

EgyptAir Currently Looking Cheap for BKK-LHR-BKK !

semi-retired member

I've been seeing some good fares with EgyptAir for March & late-April/May, under B30k with Kayak & Orbitz & Skyscanner, and managed to book (on their own web-site) the 'boss' & kids with them for an amazing B25.2k each late-June/late-July (its since gone up to B27.5k). This is at least B5k cheaper than Jet Airways & B10k cheaper than my old regular-pick Qatar are currently showing.

But I'm just wondering how bad they are ? I know they're in Star-Alliance, fly 777s in a 3-3-3 layout, and use Terminal-3 (only a couple of years old) in Cairo, but are they going to be 'tight' on hold/carry-on luggage, how's the food and seat-back entertainment ?

Any BMs used them lately, and able to give me some idea, what to expect ?

Edited by semi-retired member

I've been seeing some good fares with EgyptAir for March & late-April/May, under B30k with Kayak & Orbitz & Skyscanner, and managed to book (on their own web-site) the 'boss' & kids with them for an amazing B25.2k each late-June/late-July (its since gone up to B27.5k). This is at least B5k cheaper than Jet Airways & B10k cheaper than my old regular-pick Qatar are currently showing.

But I'm just wondering how bad they are ? I know they're in Star-Alliance, fly 777s in a 3-3-3 layout, and use Terminal-3 (only a couple of years old) in Cairo, but are they going to be 'tight' on hold/carry-on luggage, how's the food and seat-back entertainment ?

Any BMs used them lately, and able to give me some idea, what to expect ?

i have used them from amsterdam to kuala lumpur

stop in cairo around 4 hours (not much to do or see there: 3 places to eat including Burger king and some taxfree shopping and souvenirshops)

i had a delay in amsterdam of about an hour and also a delay of about an hour in Cairo

other than that their planes are ok, except that they don't have an entertainment system.....and all but one musicchanels are arab.....stewardesses also not very friendly or smiley.(also not very pretty)

so for your entertainment you will have a movie on a few tv screens and radio, with only one english channel....

from Amsterdam to Cairo a smaller plane with 3-3 seatings

from Cairo to KL a bigger plane

would i use them again? Definitely when the difference is 250 euro lik I saved this time....

food was not great.......but also not very bad....

i don't know about luggage since i had only 18 kilo, they allow 20 kg.....in front of me i never saw anyone having to pay extra.....they did however strictly follow the 1-piece handluggage rule....handluggage also had to be weighed and labelled.

Edited by jj64

i don't know about luggage since i had only 18 kilo, they allow 20 kg.....in front of me i never saw anyone having to pay extra.....they did however strictly follow the 1-piece handluggage rule....handluggage also had to be weighed and labelled.

Many Thanks ! That matters a lot to us, because we're always pushing to load as much shopping (food, sweets, books & CDs,more-food) as possible, for the return-trip. Got caught, and had to pay 75-quid, first time on Qatar, as I didn't know they were so careful !

Just got a flight with them for myself-only, over to London 28th April & back home to Thailand 14th May, for B27,040 ... not a bad price these days.

• 4 months later...

Just got back from the UK, after flying with EgyptAir and would recommend them, as being cheap & not-too-nasty !

Their frequent-flyer Blue-grade card got me an extra 5 kgs of hold-luggage, with my first flight, and most people on BKK-CAI & CAI-LHR were bringing-on 2 cabin-bags, both tagged with 'EgyptAir Cabin-Baggage' labels, they seemed fairly-relaxed & didn't weigh any of mine (good thing too ... on the return-journey !).

The food was fairly-basic, rice with chicken or beef, and they were 'dry' (no alcohol), which I can live-with for a good fare.

Despite some fairly-negative comments on Trip-Advisor, all 4 sectors were on B777-300ERs, with seat-back IFE (selection OK if-not great), and not too full.

They're not Etihad or Qatar, but are still OK at-the-price, and I liked the longer overnight-flight to/from Cairo (8-9 hours) which gave time to sleep, plus a shorter (4 hour) daytime-flight between Cairo & London.

Just booked Bangkok/Brussels/Bangkok 14 September; return 4 October for 528 Euro( +/- 22.500 ThB) on their @site, you can choose your seats based on a picture which mention the ones still available.

For the money EgyptAir is great. Their pilots are the best. The food/service is ok. All I care about it getting to my destination in one piece :)

<p><a href="http://www.freeflashtoys.com/?myspace-countdown-clocks"><OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="180" id="myMovieName"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="maturity=1309147200000:13395456:6737100:16776960:source.pyzam.com/app_res/mdp_cd/300x180/a/8/ahbabe.gif:Party032Time032in032Thailand033033033033"><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://stuff.freeflashtoys.com/swf/cd_custom.swf"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><EMBED src="http://stuff.freeflashtoys.com/swf/cd_custom.swf?maturity=1309147200000:13395456:6737100:16776960:source.pyzam.com/app_res/mdp_cd/300x180/a/8/ahbabe.gif:Party032Time032in032Thailand033033033033" quality=high WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="180" wmode="transparent" NAME="myMovieName" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED></OBJECT></a><br> /></p>

un ami ma dit que c’était pas mal pour le prix

I take this company in September, I hope she is well