IGNORED

Small arms shooting

rgipps

I had a look at this place today and they had a great collection of hand guns and real ammo (no paint ball nonsense) and anyone can hire the guns so long as there are at least 2 people in their party. I was on my own! If anyone wants to join me tomorrow for some shooting call me on 0808233141.

Richard

I had a look at this place today and they had a great collection of hand guns and real ammo (no paint ball nonsense) and anyone can hire the guns so long as there are at least 2 people in their party. I was on my own! If anyone wants to join me tomorrow for some shooting call me on 0808233141.

Richard

Sorry I can't help you today as I am in California! LOL BUT, THANK YOU for the info as I shoot a lot and was wondering if I would have to give it up upon coming to LOS....when you do go back I would appreciate some additional info like what sizes and types of weapons are available for rent and any other info you might have on local gun laws such as gun ownership and such though as a farang I seriously doubt ownership is possible. I appreciate your help and I hope you find a mate here to go shooting with soon!

Master Pot Stirrer

Did they have one of these?

Sometimes you scare me! :22600584-Th:

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Or maybe one of these???

Bloody hell! :Surrender1:

Do you remember when I told you where I live?

Well, I was actually lying - I live a long long long way from there.......in fact somewhere that you could never find me!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Why does it have to be a party of two or more?

Do they require a partner in case ya shoot yourself in the foot and need to be carried home :)

Why does it have to be a party of two or more?

Do they require a partner in case ya shoot yourself in the foot and need to be carried home :)

I think it's more to do with if you shoot yourself in the head. Didn't some guy try to commit suicide there a while back.

I think it's more to do with if you shoot yourself in the head. Didn't some guy try to commit suicide there a while back.

You also need a witness to sign a contract that I guess say they take no responsibility....

But, for the more experienced pattaya travelers (or expats), is it possible to try out bigger weapons like ak47's and such anyplace near? All I could see last year was hand guns, and that I can do here. 10 years or so back I used to go to a shooting club once a week, and there I usually shot with rifles. Also did a few competitions, good fun but didn't have the time.

Sorry I can't help you today as I am in California! LOL BUT, THANK YOU for the info as I shoot a lot and was wondering if I would have to give it up upon coming to LOS....when you do go back I would appreciate some additional info like what sizes and types of weapons are available for rent and any other info you might have on local gun laws such as gun ownership and such though as a farang I seriously doubt ownership is possible. I appreciate your help and I hope you find a mate here to go shooting with soon!

I ran out of time before I got this sorted so unfortunately I cannot help you with more info. This evening I'm off to Phuket and I would appreciate any info anyone can give me about hiring hand guns there and if there is also a problem of needing a partner to shoot I would be glad to join up with anyone there. I can still be reached on 0808233141.

Richard

Foreigners cannot own guns according the Thai law.

When some farang’s say they have a gun, they are lying, or they got it illegally or it’s their Thai wife who applied for it, not themselves. Even air guns (not talking about the BB toys) are considered here as firearms. The amount of ammunition that you can have is also strictly limited. Guns are very expensive, there is a limit that a gunsmith can sold every year.

There were indeed suicide cases at the Tiffany shooting range and at Koh Larn, nevertheless if you want to go to the shooting range alone, this is possible if you ask for membership and pay the yearly fee, a thai person being a guarantor for you when you apply for it. Do not expect to shoot military ammunition's anywhere, the big guns you see on the advertisements have small riffle barells.

If you fancy to shoot AK47 or alike, you can do this in Vietnam.

Yep. Handguns are available to shoot in the clubs and theres one place I know where you can shoot pump action shotguns but the SMG's and assault rifles have been modified to shoot .22.

I ran out of time before I got this sorted so unfortunately I cannot help you with more info. This evening I'm off to Phuket and I would appreciate any info anyone can give me about hiring hand guns there and if there is also a problem of needing a partner to shoot I would be glad to join up with anyone there. I can still be reached on 0808233141.

Richard

There is a great place In Patong for hiring weapons anything from a small handgun to a Magnum to an Ak47 to a sawn off shotgun cant remember the name but am sure any taxi driver knows it.

Its bloody expensive though I got through €150 in an hour :)

Make love, not war.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

There is a great place In Patong for hiring weapons anything from a small handgun to a Magnum to an Ak47 to a sawn off shotgun cant remember the name but am sure any taxi driver knows it.

Its bloody expensive though I got through €150 in an hour :)

I went to the place in Patong and had a great time. It's cheapest if you book from one of the tourist places in Phuket town. They asked for 890 Baht for 10 rounds of 9mm, or 0.38 or 0.45. It was less for 0.22. Booking at the range would cost about 1150 Baht instead of 890 Baht. Other calibers were also available.

There was no problem with going there alone and the fee included an instructor.

Richard