IGNORED

Has my Thai SIM credit expired?

Hey guys

I'm hoping someone can help me out with some info on my Thai mobile SIM. I'm currently back in the UK.

I bought a 99B 1-2-Call SIM last trip over, and before I left I threw a couple hundred Baht credit on it to keep it alive. Since then I've topped it up twice, 100 Baht each time, from my Kasikorn online banking facility. Last time I topped up I got a message on my mobile saying the balance was 459B, expiring on the 6th Jan 2011.

Today, 7th Jan (I know, 1 day late, bugger) I tried to top up again and got the following error from Kasikorn;

Sorry, your transaction has not completed with the reason :incorrect phone number.

When I make a mobile balance query (*121#) I get this reply;

The balance of 0845xxx is 459.83B. You can only receive incoming calls until 05/02/11

So, can anyone shed any light as to where I stand? What happens on 5th Feb and why? An I basically screwed and just need to write of my money and get a new SIM next trip?

I'd really like to buy a SIM that doesn't expire, that way I can keep the same number permanently. I'm over at least twice a year, and don't mind paying a bit more to buy the right PAYG SIM that lets me do this.

Thanks for your help

GeeMan

I am not 100% sure but you have to add the amount in bigger denominations. Ask at telewiz I add 300baht and have a one year expiration. You need to buy the correct sim card..

sounds to me like you are going to need a new SIM card.

i am not sure about 1-2 call but DTAC has a chat function, you can check things like this with them.

also i have never heard of a prepaid SIM that does not expire at some point.

Yes sounds like its run out to me also, but you should also post this in the tech issue part of this site :GoldenSmile1:

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

I am not 100% sure but you have to add the amount in bigger denominations. Ask at telewiz I add 300baht and have a one year expiration. You need to buy the correct sim card..

with DTAC you can extend the validity of your minutes up to one year. Do this before your leave Thailand, it only costs a few baht.

Thanks guys, bummer ShitHappens1.gif

OK, so if all PAYG SIMs eventually expire, what are my options for a permanent mobile number?

Do I need to sign up for a monthly plan? No probs as I have the Kasikorn account for direct debits, but what would a cheap plan cost?

Ideally a cheap plan where I can carry forward minutes.

Cheers

GeeMan

Thanks guys, bummer ShitHappens1.gif

OK, so if all PAYG SIMs eventually expire, what are my options for a permanent mobile number?

Do I need to sign up for a monthly plan? No probs as I have the Kasikorn account for direct debits, but what would a cheap plan cost?

Ideally a cheap plan where I can carry forward minutes.

Cheers

GeeMan

they only expire if you don't extend the validity. As i said get a DTAC and you can extend the validity for 1 year, should be enough. For a post paid i am not sure how easy it is to get without a work permit.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/337888-extending-the-validity-of-your-dtac-sim-card/