IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort vs Areca Lodge vs Mind Resort

tez101

Hey guys i am looking for a good hotel in south/central Pattaya for March/April for about 45-55 aus dollars (1400-1600 baht) a night.

I want a gym and a pool and of course guest friendly with no problems! So far the three top contenders are Pattaya Bay Resort, Areca

Lodge and Mind Resort. Last time i stayed at the Green Park Resort which was good and had an excellent pool.

But was too far from the action and because i only booked as one adult in the room I had to pay 100baht for each girl i brought back,

it was 500 baht when i brought back two!

If anyone has stayed at these hotels i would welcome any info or comparisons also if anyone knows of any better hotels in the same price range in

the area feel free to recommend them. Do they usually let you just book hotels in march and then pay when you get there?

any advice would be welcome

Have stayed at PBR and know you will never be charged for a guest you bring back

Areca Lodge is quite good, friendly staff, good location all the facilities and the restaraunts are not too bad. I would stay there again.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Areca charges joiner fee for 2nd girl and girl must be at least 20 years old.

A small minus is also breakfast ending already at 10am so for mongers this usually means skipping breakfast.

If you like comfort then most of their rooms will not fit your desires unless you can get a room at Evergreen wing - which is most of the times sold out.

The Pattaya Bay Resort is a proper monger's hotel. Areca Lodge is not, as it charges for extra guests and has the ridiculous minimum age limit (20). No idea about Mind Resort.

Edited by brewster

I have stayed at Mind resorts Super deluxe rooms twice.

Yes , its a bit far from scene , maybe 3-4 min walking to 2nd road.

So you need a bike if you ask me. I had one so location was not a problem.

Gum is ok , Runway , steps , lifts e.t.c. all there. Plus you can watch the pool ( semi glass walled )

The pool is awesome , especially if you are in a super deluxe room.

Jacuzzi , Shawna and steam room next to the pool also make a difference.

The best thing about Mind resort is that they have a massage place in the hotel. So you can call them and ask a girl to come to your room ( massage delivery :)

I personally pay them and tell them to leave without waking me up and i start taking my evening nap :)

Btw , prices are negotiable

A trip to Pattaya has its ugly side ... Unfortunately you need to go back home :/

If you really want a gym, then PBR is going to be a big disappointment - Areca's wasn't up and running in March last year so can't comment. If you're serious about gyn access, you may want to consider a daily visit to Tony's as most hotels have limited equipment. Areca has much bigger and better pool areas than PBR, especially Evergreen Wing. Charging for a second joiner is not exclusive to Areca, it's common throughout Pattaya - down to you if that's a 'biggie'. I've stayed at both the above and Areca Evergreen was streets ahead of PBR on most counts. Sorry, don't know much about Mind Resort (and can't say I've heard much) - please post a review if you decide to stay there.

Another place to consider is August Suites - it seems to be universally liked by people that have stayed there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed at Mind resorts Super deluxe rooms twice.

Yes , its a bit far from scene , maybe 3-4 min walking to 2nd road.

So you need a bike if you ask me. I had one so location was not a problem.

Gum is ok , runway , steps , lifts e.t.c. all there. Plus you can watch the pool ( semi glass walled )

The pool is awesome , especially if you are in a super deluxe room.

Jacuzzi , Shawna and steam room next to the pool also make a difference.

The best thing about Mind resort is that they have a massage place in the hotel. So you can call them and ask a girl to come to your room ( massage delivery :)

I personally pay them and tell them to leave without waking me up and i start taking my evening nap :)

Btw , prices are negotiable

Looks like you have the most recent information on this place. Just had a quick question. Do they have chica fees? I have read differing answers on various boards. My boss prepaid for 15 days but cant use it and so I am trying to take his place there. I am just wondering if it is worth it, as chica fees would be a big reason to go somewhere else...

Areca is a well run 3 star hotel. Gym is not good.

I wouldn't pay anymore than 1000-1100 THB to say at the Areca.

I'm staying at Nova Gold hotel in Feb. Legit 4 star hotel. Well equipped gym & very nice pool.

You can get the standard room there for 1600 or executive room for 1900. Probably cheaper if your booking in April.

Edited by 1981bob

Areca is a well run 3 star hotel. Gym is not good.

I wouldn't pay anymore than 1000-1100 THB to say at the Areca.

I'm staying at Nova Gold Hotel in Feb. Legit 4 star hotel. Well equipped gym & very nice pool.

You can get the standard room there for 1600 or executive room for 1900. Probably cheaper if your booking in April.

No need to pay since Areca looks like is sold out for entire Feb 2011 already for few weeks ago.

Been checking my 4 hotels in my mind for Feb 2011 and more or less all of "my hotels" are sold out for short or long periods in Feb 2011.

Looks like Feb is the month to avoid in the future and adding to this sold out hotels you have marines in town and Chinese New Year and this adds to price pressure way up.

Just saw Agoda price for Frasier resort around 6,500 THB per night - insane!!!

Edited by CiKa

Given the three choices you mention, I would choose Pattaya Bay Resort because of the location, no issues with bringing girls and friendly staff. However the rooms are very average. Skip Areca, staff is not nice and nothing special about their accommodations. I agree with some that August is a great choice, has a good gym too. If you want to stay in the Soi Bukaow area you can stay at the LK Metropole, or stay at Keerati on Soi LK Metro and use the LK Metropole Gym and Pool (they have a partner agreement).

SEXY GORDO - SEXY PUMPUI - เซ็à¸à¸‹à¸µà¹ˆà¹„ขมันมนุษย์

Coming Soon

Sexy Pumpui - Girlfriend Experience - Coming in 2011

Sexy Pumpui - My Isaan Thaidoll (October 2011)

Now Playing

Sexy Pumpui - Street Photography - 2011

Sexy Pumpui - Butterfly- October 2010

Sexy Pumpui - Playing with Dolls july 2010*****

Sexy Pumpui - Thai Daisy Dukes (Sexy Everyday) *****

Sexy Pumpui - Obsession - sleepless in Pattaya - jan 2010 ****

Sexy Pumpui - Feeding the Addiction- End Of Year 2009 *****

Sexy Pumpui - Fall Fling - sep 2009

Sexy Pumpui - Best of All the girls I've lubbed before*****

Blogs

Metrosexual TIps to Keep yourself in Tip-Top Shape for the TG's

Sexy Photo (Beginner's Guide)

Pumpui's Guide to Good Eatin' (Advanced Eating Guide)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

First time poster and firstly want to say thanks for all the great info I have found on this forum; glad I joined!

I stayed at PBR for a few days last week and found it to be a great place to stay because the rooms are clean, the staff are great (professional), the hotel is only a 5-10 minute walk away from the action - allowing you a peaceful nights sleep, and the rooftop pool and restaurant are nice places to relax. Throw in breakfast and the relaxed guest policy which allowed me to take two girls at a time to my room, and its a pretty impressive deal. Interestingly, the 'walk-up' rate turned out to be cheaper than if I had booked on Agoda (1450 bhat against 1599 bhat - I think). The off-season rate of 15,000 bhat a month looks good for July. :)

Hi guys,

First time poster and firstly want to say thanks for all the great info I have found on this forum; glad I joined!

I stayed at PBR for a few days last week and found it to be a great place to stay because the rooms are clean, the staff are great (professional), the hotel is only a 5-10 minute walk away from the action - allowing you a peaceful nights sleep, and the rooftop pool and restaurant are nice places to relax. Throw in breakfast and the relaxed guest policy which allowed me to take two girls at a time to my room, and its a pretty impressive deal. Interestingly, the 'walk-up' rate turned out to be cheaper than if I had booked on Agoda (1450 bhat against 1599 bhat - I think). The off-season rate of 15,000 bhat a month looks good for July. :)

A friend of mine has just got back from staying at the PBR. He enjoyed his stay but had a couple of negative points related to the wi-fi. When he asked an American guy about this he was told 'this is Thailand.' Is wi-fi a problem in Thailand?

A friend of mine has just got back from staying at the PBR. He enjoyed his stay but had a couple of negative points related to the wi-fi. When he asked an American guy about this he was told 'this is Thailand.' Is wi-fi a problem in Thailand?

I've stayed at the PBR many times and the (free) wi-fi has always worked pefectly.

PBR for me. Great location. Guest friendly. Good Tuk Tuk service to Buakhow and back when u ready. Breakfast included cooked when ordered, not bay marie cold. Great staff...the list goes on but imo only.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

says right on the site in the FAQ section:

"Q: Is there an additional charge for joiners/over-night guests?

A: All of our rates quoted are for 1 or 2 persons sharing the same room. Therefore, if a single guest brings back a joiner, there is no additional fee. If you have a third person in the room, there is an additional charge of 500 baht per person, per night."

• 4 weeks later...

Has the gym improved any ,last time i was there was 08,,no free weights and 1 machine which i still see picture in their website.

says right on the site in the FAQ section:

"Q: Is there an additional charge for joiners/over-night guests?

A: All of our rates quoted are for 1 or 2 persons sharing the same room. Therefore, if a single guest brings back a joiner, there is no additional fee. If you have a third person in the room, there is an additional charge of 500 baht per person, per night."

But is never applied, unless anyone knows otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed at PBR 4 times and have never had any complaints. The staff is very friendly and will go out of there way to accommodate you, the gym leaves much to be desired. The best part about PBR is the location. as far as joiners fees I believe my friend had to pay one at PBR when he took 3 girls home one time, but not asked for 1 or 2 girls. I feel very comfortable at PBR and will continue to give them my business.

Always the Gentlemen

I was there a month ago and the wifi was very unreliable unfortunately. Ive staye there many times before and this is the forst time ive had a problem with it.

I asked and was told that they were aware of the problem and they were waiting for new lines to get installed soon. SOmething to do with all teh cable laying on 2nd Rd.

Testicles

i stay at the Areca Lodge normally in the new wing evergreen

it is bloody beautifull

the only thing is that breakfast ends at 10 and i think i made it 2 times in 3 weeks

But is never applied, unless anyone knows otherwise.

Why do they keep it on their website if it's never applied ? Surely counterproductive ?

I love staying at Pattaya Bay Resort-

But I stay at Areca Lodge when I sneak into town because I know certain girls will be checking PBR-

Areca can seem a little stuffy.....Location is nice as one entrance is right on Soi Diana.. Lots of walking between your room and leaving the property.. I had no problems with a 19 year old.... Pools are very nice...

PBR has comfy rooms, wifi that works throughout ( At Areca it didn't reach my room in Corona hotel), Awesome front desk girls who for the most part deflected old girlfriends away!.... Nice food upstairs... Pool on roof.. I feel pretty secure there too with my belongings!

At PBR I can get Piece of Mind and ..............

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

Why do they keep it on their website if it's never applied ? Surely counterproductive ?

I agree it's probably counterproductive although I guess they're just "reserving the right". I would have thought Dr Kim should know better. It will be interesting to see if the new owners enforce it.

I love staying at Pattaya Bay Resort-

But I stay at Areca Lodge when I sneak into town because I know certain girls will be checking PBR-

Areca can seem a little stuffy.....Location is nice as one entrance is right on Soi Diana.. Lots of walking between your room and leaving the property.. I had no problems with a 19 year old.... Pools are very nice...

PBR has comfy rooms, wifi that works throughout ( At Areca it didn't reach my room in Corona hotel), Awesome front desk girls who for the most part deflected old girlfriends away!.... Nice food upstairs... Pool on roof.. I feel pretty secure there too with my belongings!

At PBR I can get Piece of Mind and ..............

Well done on sneaking in an under-20 girl to Areca Lodge. Although my girl is now 21, I met her when she was 19 and it makes me furious to think I wouldn't have been allowed to take her to my hotel if I'd been staying there.

The PBR front desk girls are awesome - especially Auw!