IGNORED

Is Oral Sex Safe?

kopite

Actress Jaime Winstone lifts the lid on the little-known orophyrangeal cancer, caused by the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and which can be caught through having oral sex.

Mon 10/01/11 BBC3

Thought id give you all a heads up for iplayer ect...

Edited by kopite

i will take the risk

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

we know already that women can be more easily

infected if they are giving lots of BBBJs.

on the other hand I have been told that man

rarely get infected by receiving them.

I was told that you could contract herpes and

other bugs too, but that in fact you could also

get the same beasts by kissing or fondling the

infected woman.

in order to get some useable info on this very

important matter I would very much like to ask our

friends of the forum if they have any personal or first

hand knowledge of man having contracted infections

through the practice of reiciving(not giving!)many BBBJs.

give us a hand boys, please!

take care, zul

Lot of threads on this subject. Ya pays your nickle and takes your chance.

How safe is kissing a girl ? ... oral with protection doesn't sound much fun...saying that.. nether does HPV

I posted some good info on herpes in the STD'S and bargirls thread so check that out swingasia. It looks like herpes via oral is a low risk activity and one of the best methods to prevent infection is to not have sex during an outbreak. I actually forgot I started this thread so thanks for the bump! Will be watching this tomorrow.

Saw the documentary.

Not clear whether it is the same two strains of HPV that are thought to cause cervical cancer (and which are vaccinated against in the UK on young girls) which are implicated in head and neck cancers. Also, I thought that the strain(s) which cause genital warts are not these ones. Documentary seemed to suggest that it is worth experienced ladies also getting vaccinated. If that is true, it must follow for the guys also. I think we will be hearing more about this HPV issue.

nothin seems to be safe anymore lol

first it fags now a good nosh is iffy, like the fags i will chance it

nothin seems to be safe anymore lol

first it fags now a good nosh is iffy, like the fags i will chance it

If I had read the post before mine properly I would have known that strains 6 and 11 are linked to warts and strains 16 and 18 to cervical cancer. The guy from the UK DOH made the point that we don't know if strains 16 and 18 also cause head and neck cancer. Maybe Gardasil is worth a look.

Am going to ask my doctor about that Gardisal but it says there it's for men ages 9 - 26. What about men over 26?

Edit found this.

Hello Dr HHH

My question is about the Gardasil Vaccine

Why is it only recomended for males up to 26 years old? is this due to complication of the vaccine

can I really not have this shot because i'm 3 years past the recommended maximum age?

Welcome to the STD forum. You ask some great questions about the HPV vaccines -- not just Gardasil (Merck), but some of them also pertinent to Cervarix (Glaxo Smithkline). For background for others, Gardasil protects against 4 HPV types, the two that cause 70% of cervical cancer (HPV 16 and 18) and the two that cause 90% of genital warts (HPV 6 and 11). Cervarix protects against HPV 16 and 18 only.

The vaccines were studied only in people up to age 26. It's not that they are expected to be harmful or less effective in older persons, and studies (with Gardasil, not sure about Cervarix) are currently underway in older persons. But drug approvals by the Food and Drug Administration (and FDA's counterpart in other countries) are limited to populations actually studied. The reason for the 26 cut off in the original research was twofold: a) The older a person is, the more likely s/he has had multiple HPV infection, and the lower the chance s/he is still susceptible to the types covered by the vaccines; and b) new HPV infections are most common in younger persons -- the chance of a new infection drops rather dramatically after age 26.

That said, many people over 26, both men and women, do remain susceptible to one or more of the vaccine-covered HPV types, and some such people clearly are at high risk for new infection. Therefore, because the vaccines have few or no significant side effects, there is no reason for patients not to request them or providers to administer them. However, in the US medical insurance coverage often is tied to the formally recommendations. Therefore, at age 29 you likely would have to pay out of pocket. Expect a total of $500-600, for the vaccine itself ($360 for Gardasil) plus adminsitration charges and clinic visits to your provider's office. The same applies for all men for Cervarix, not yet FDA-approved for use in men.

A final consideration that applies more to men than women: Remember that almost all HPV infections are entirely harmless to men heterosexual men. There is value in immunizing men to help prevent cervical and other cancers in women, and also in protecting gay men against anal cancer. But you will gain little if any measurable health protection personally by being immunized.

Edited by kopite

Saw the documentary and have to say I found it a bit scary.

Did a little digging and it turns out there is no test for the male version

and as yet the vaccine is not available to men.

There is a 5 times greater chance of a women giving it to a man than a man giving it to a woman.

It can also lie dormant for years.

1 in 10 can get cancer as a direct result of HPV.

I DON'T LIKE THOSE ODDS

Just watched it now. Have to say Im not happy men have been sidelined for the vaccine. Which idiot decided that men should be exempt? And what about older men who are already sexually active?

Edited by kopite

Was almost worried for a second, then I remember never to believe anything I hear on the lame-stream media.

HPV is the common cold of STD. As folks who make use of BG, our bodies are likely combating combating multiple HPV variants right now. So just enjoy that thought :) , cause there's no way in hell a guy banging BGs is going to dodge HPV.

Here's the number's though:

Penis cancer: 1 in 100,000 men will develop this in their lives. Vast majority are very old men. HPV may or may not be a factor. Biggest factor is suppose to be hygiene. Which I'd think would but mongers into the low risk group.

Anal cancer: approx 1 male in 100,000 is diagnosed every year. 90% of Anal cancers are attributable to HPV. Gay men who receive butt sex are 17 times more likely develop this then heteros.

Oropharyngeal cancer: Approx 3 male per 100,000 diagnosed every year, with 60% of these cases attributable to HPV.

All this is from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus

In short your much more likely to die young in a car accident, than end up with one of these cancers as an old man.

Edited by 1981bob

Was almost worried for a second, then I remember never to believe anything I hear on the lame-stream media.

HPV is the common cold of STD. As folks who make use of BG, our bodies are likely combating combating multiple HPV variants right now. So just enjoy that thought :) , cause there's no way in hell a guy banging BGs is going to dodge HPV.

Penis cancer: 1 in 100,000 men will develop this in their lives. Vast majority are very old men. HPV may or may not be a factor. Biggest factor is suppose to be hygiene. Which I'd think would but mongers into the low risk group.

Anal cancer: approx 1 male in 100,000 is diagnosed every year. 90% of Anal cancers are attributable to HPV. Gay men who receive butt sex are 17 times more likely develop this then headros.

Oropharyngeal cancer: Approx 3 male per 100,000 diagnosed every year, with 60% of these cases attributable to HPV.

In short your much more likely to die young in a car accident, than end up with one of these cancers as an old man.

“headros” ?!

Did you mean “heteros” ?

Anal cancer: approx 1 male in 100,000 is diagnosed every year. 90% of Anal cancers are attributable to HPV. Gay men who receive butt sex are 17 times more likely develop this then heteros.

Firstly Wiki can be edited by any Joe Bloggs. Not discrediting those stats, just saying like.

Also the impression I got from the Dr on that show is that cases of cancer in men is on the up and up and has been increasing in the last few years. Yes most if not all get it but the proportion of those unable to kick it is getting bigger.

Those outside the UK, can download it here

http://www.uknova.com/wsgi/torrent/view/108825

But I must warn, its a private website, so you need to register and seed.

"Darren was diagnosed with orophyrangeal cancer, a rare form of mouth cancer caused by the Human Papillomavirus

(HPV) and which he had caught through having oral sex.

New research shows that there has been a dramatic increase in the number of HPV-related oral cancers amongst

young people.

Actress Jaime Winstone sets out to lift the lid on this little-known cancer and the dangers that lurk behind

oral sex, discovering why the statistics are rising and whether anything can be done to stop this trend.

Xvid - 700 kb/s - 640 x 352 (Widescreen) - 25 fps

MP3 - 128 kb/s CBR - Stereo - 48 kHz"

Firstly Wiki can be edited by any Joe Bloggs. Not discrediting those stats, just saying like.

Also the impression I got from the Dr on that show is that cases of cancer in men is on the up and up and has been increasing in the last few years. Yes most if not all get it but the proportion of those unable to kick it is getting bigger.

Wiki generally lists facts, every fact on there links directly to actual peer reviewed & published scientific study. If pages are found vandalized it gets quickly locked, you can also easily check the edit history.

Here's a link with the facts on Oropharyngeal cancer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HPV-positive_oropharyngeal_cancer

Plain facts, no infotainment or human interest story's. You put a human face on something, rational thought goes out the window & fear rackets up x100

Two points I meant to make above:

1.) Unless you stop your whoring ways, you'll just have to live with the very low risk. Giving Oral sex is only one factor seen as increasing risk. Biggest factors by far is being sexually active in SE asia (where HPV is more prevalent) - especially with highly sexed BGs.

2.) An increase of 100% over 10 years sounds bad, but if you start off at 1 in a 100,000, the final figure is still only 2 in 100,000.

Road deaths in Thailand are 16 per 100,000.

Also the survival rates for OC are 50%. While surviving being killed on a Thai road is 0%.

Edited by 1981bob

Wiki generally lists facts, every fact on there links directly to actual peer reviewed & published scientific study. If pages are found vandalized it gets quickly locked, you can also easily check the edit history.

Here's a link with the facts on Oropharyngeal cancer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HPV-positive_oropharyngeal_cancer

Plain facts, no infotainment or human interest story's. You put a human face on something, rational thought goes out the window & fear rackets up x100

Two points I meant to make above:

1.) Unless you stop your whoring ways, you'll just have to live with the very low risk. Giving Oral sex is only one factor seen as increasing risk. Biggest factors by far is being sexually active in SE asia (where HPV is more prevalent) - especially with highly sexed BGs.

2.) An increase of 100% over 10 years sounds bad, but if you start off at 1 in a 100,000, the final figure is still only 2 in 100,000.

Road deaths in Thailand are 16 per 100,000.

Also the survival rates for OC are 50%. While surviving being killed on a Thai road is 0%.

Other road accident victims (injured, disabled, dying later) not included, I guess.

Wow!

Me think not want to know too much more.

The last thing I want on my mind when i have my todger in a GG's mouth or snatch is this.

Is ignorance bliss in this case?

Or should I just stop and join a monastry?

Me think, Sucky sucky, fucky fucky some more, lots more!

Just my opinion though...

Oops!again.

Anyone knows how much the 3 shots Gardasil cost in Pattaya (incl. all charges/fees)?

Guess having this vaccination isn't a bad thing when having sex with multiple BG's. Gardasil seems to reduce the risk to get genital warts dramatically.

Unprotected oral sex is definitely not 100% "safe" (whatever that means). Gonorrhea and herpes are commonly passed on orally.

But anyone who mongers in Pattaya (or elsewhere) and thinks sex in any of its forms can be completely safe, both uncovered and covered, is very misguided.