Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aberdeen - London Gatwick

partyloon

I've noticed the cost of flights to BKK from ABZ are up roughly £100 more than last year... Just a quick heads up for the deenies Easyjet will start flying to LGW from ABZ from the 3rd of June this year... Just gives us some more options when looking for cheap flights... Just means booking the ABZ - LGW leg seperately giving us an option of the cheaper direct flight from LGW - BKK. Might be able to shave £100 off the total fare... Just an idea.. And before anyone says anything "I know we're tight!!!"

Edited by partyloon

just be careful. If you have 2 separate tickets and the first one from Aberdeen - London Gatwick is delayed and you miss your flight to BKK you might be screwed.

i was looking for a friend the other day a looks he will get easyjet to luton then the bus to heathrow this is saving him nearly £200

i was looking for a friend the other day a looks he will get easyjet to luton then the bus to heathrow this is saving him nearly £200

That's a good saving, how long does it take from Luton to LHR though?

I usually go Aberdeen - Amsterdam - Bangkok. If you book China airlines you go with KLM from Aberdeen to Amsterdam and your luggage is checked right through :)

China Airlines are pretty fair with their prices.

I usually go Aberdeen - Amsterdam - Bangkok. If you book China airlines you go with KLM from Aberdeen to Amsterdam and your luggage is checked right through :)

China Airlines are pretty fair with their prices.

i've flown that route a couple of times but they have also pushed their fares up to £700 +... Just tossing a couple ideas in my head to try and save a few bucks.. thanks

i've booked this time with Thai direct from LHR-BKK for February booking the ABZ-LHR seperate £736 all in was the best most convenient option I could find online due to not booking till last week..

Edited by partyloon

just be careful. If you have 2 separate tickets and the first one from Aberdeen - London Gatwick is delayed and you miss your flight to BKK you might be screwed.

cheers for the advice... didn't cross my mind maybe better paying the extra 100 + and have peace of mind...

cheers for the advice... didn't cross my mind maybe better paying the extra 100 + and have peace of mind...

there is also another thing called 'interline luggage agreement'. For example if you have one flight on United and another flight on Thai they will transfer your luggage for you. But these lower cost carriers are often not part of these agreements. So you would have to get your luggage and do the entire checkin process again at London Gatwick, check this one out as well.

Does not seem worth it to me, especially with the weather delays in the UK.

there is also another thing called 'interline luggage agreement'. For example if you have one flight on United and another flight on Thai they will transfer your luggage for you. But these lower cost carriers are often not part of these agreements. So you would have to get your luggage and do the entire checkin process again at London Gatwick, check this one out as well.

Does not seem worth it to me, especially with the weather delays in the UK.

yeh that's another thing... this time I'm flying with Eastern Airways to LHR and Thai Airways to BKK... Both in Star Alliance Group but not sure if they'll check my luggage straight through we will see, but I do have 3hrs between flights if I have to recheck the baggage in that's if everything is on time... Now with hindsight should of just paid the wee bit extra.. Well here goes for next month... Flew out 5 times last year (every 2nd month) and hopefully going to do the same this year hence trying to save some bucks here and there...

Edited by partyloon

yeh that's another thing... this time I'm flying with Eastern Airways to LHR and Thai Airways to BKK... Both in Star Alliance Group but not sure if they'll check my luggage straight through we will see, but I do have 3hrs between flights if I have to recheck the baggage in that's if everything is on time... Now with hindsight should of just paid the wee bit extra.. Well here goes for next month... Flew out 5 times last year (every 2nd month) and hopefully going to do the same this year hence trying to save some bucks here and there...

Eastern Airways is NOT in the Star Alliance. Not sure about the luggage it depends on the agreement, check it out first.

Eastern Airways is NOT in the Star Alliance. Not sure about the luggage it depends on the agreement, check it out first.

Sorry BMI my head's minced!!! Online too long checking out flights lol...

I think the previous posters have already talked you out of this idea but

another point to consider is that only Emirates fly 'out East' nowadays,

unless you use BA to connect with China Airlines in Amsterdam...though with

the industrial action not over yet,that's another risk.

I'm only 10 minutes from Gatwick but sadly no longer have the options of

days gone by when at one time or another we also had Qatar,Etihad and although

I never used either of them...Philippine Airways and the shortlived Phuket Air !

Hiya party loon, well worth trying SAS. Abz Copenhagen direct to bkk in airbus 340 can get under £700.....bb.

Hiya party loon, well worth trying SAS. Abz Copenhagen direct to bkk in airbus 340 can get under £700.....bb.

cheers will look into it...

I think the previous posters have already talked you out of this idea but

another point to consider is that only Emirates fly 'out East' nowadays,

unless you use BA to connect with China Airlines in Amsterdam...though with

the industrial action not over yet,that's another risk.

I never used either of them...Philippine Airways and the shortlived Phuket Air !

ur right... i was looking into that today emirates LGW-DBX-BKK... so that's knocked that on the head... i used emirates twice last year from glasgow cheap flights £585 but had 12 hr stopover in Dubai flying across, not so bad coming back 2-3 hrs. But still had the hassle travelling down from Aberdeen by the time i paid my mate for petrol to give me a run down and back up it wasn't viable.. cheers for the reply..

That's a good saving, how long does it take from Luton to LHR though?

It depends on the traffic and what the M25 is like.

If the road is clear then about 40 mins if not then how long is a piece of string

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

And the good news is ... Qatar still fly at-least daily from LGW, and Emirates 2-3 times per-day, although Etihad did drop the route due to low load-factors a couple of years ago.

Poo-Air's planes were still flying, mainly in the Middle-East for Saudia & on haj-flights, last I heard ! The engine dropped-off one of their 747s in Cairo, a few months back. No comment !

And the good news is ... Qatar still fly at-least daily from LGW, and Emirates 2-3 times per-day, although Etihad did drop the route due to low load-factors a couple of years ago.

Poo-Air's planes were still flying, mainly in the Middle-East for Saudia & on haj-flights, last I heard ! The engine dropped-off one of their 747s in Cairo, a few months back. No comment !

I forgot that Qatar actually still fly from Gatwick,it's just that

the connection at Dohar for Bangkok is so bloody long it's better to

go from Heathrow.Used to do BA to Amsterdam and go with China Airlines.

Got a few upgrades through accumulated mileage but then they put the

qualification ammount up....and the prices....and I lost interest.

I think it depends on which day you fly, for-example looking at mid-February QR074 dep LGW 14.10 connects to BKK with 1hr05min wait (Mon or Thurs), while QR076 dep LGW 09.30 connects with a 1hr45min wait (Wed or Fri or Sun), you just need to try a few different days of departure. But I'm not allowing for the OP's connecting-flight ABZ-LGW of course.

For me, the reason I've just stopped using Qatar (after 4 years of BKK-LGW via DOH) is their recent seriously-increased prices (ex-Thailand), having said which they will no-doubt now announce new discounts again, but they've lost my business for the next few years until I redeem the airmiles I'm now getting from my new carrier, who use LHR unfortunately.

But the money I save gives me more-to-spend on shopping in the UK, or in the OP's case, more-to-spend in Thailand, every little helps !

• 3 weeks later...

Do not expect any compensation if Easyjet cancel your flight to London :Anger:

and you miss your onward flight. Easyjet will do all they can to avoid paying any

compensation. My flight over New Year was cancelled as they had no flight attendents,

flight was rebooked but all extra expenses incurred were ignored.

Make sure you are fully covered by your insurance for internal travel and delays in UK