IGNORED

BG, Indians and Frequent Flyer Points :)

spaz74

In years gone by I used to find my way around to a dodgy Indian clothes shop and do an imaginary creditcard purchase where by I paid an additional 2% and the guy handed over cash from his draw, i.e a 30,000 baht purchase. This was a way for me to get cash and have girls on frequent flyer miles :) Do places around town still do this?

In years gone by I used to find my way around to a dodgy Indian clothes shop and do an imaginary creditcard purchase where by I paid an additional 2% and the guy handed over cash from his draw, i.e a 30,000 baht purchase. This was a way for me to get cash and have girls on frequent flyer miles :) Do places around town still do this?

Welcome to the forum; I think that you'll fit right in here.

I often find my way into a dodgy Indian 'clothes shops', usually by force. I booked a magic carpet to Phucket last year on the old plastic & immediately received a refund upon landing from his equally dodgy carpet salesman friend.

The best thing was, I don't even have a credit card!

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

WTF?

First the Coolgardie cooler, then the Hills Hoist, now this?

F*ckin' inventive lot, us Aussies.

But no, haven't been able to negotiate aroung their usual banter, which usually puts me right off. All those intuitive accents as you approach...

After all, what the F*ck would I be doing wearing a suit in 35 C. 95 % humidity?

May as well be back in Port Hedland.............?

"Remember, you've never lost the girl, only your turn"

This is a common practice in India. Many shops put classified advertising in news papers like get cash against your credit card. They solve the problem of cash withdrawal limits of credit cards, these folks compensate for it...

They take a commission of 4-5% or set amount...everyone wins...you get quick cash when you need and they profit on the commissions. I don't think its illegal if you look at it not by the law of credit card companies:)..i think this practice was carried over to Thailand by Indian traders from Mumbai.

I think if you search around, you can still find some Indian shops doing it...'cos in India..this practice is booming :)