IGNORED

pcr HIV test in Pattaya?

michael34

I am currently in Pattaya. about a month ago I had a session where the condom broke. am know concerned about HIV and other STD. I know the pcr HIV test or HIV duo test can give you an answer after 4 weeks but it supposed to be a bit expensive. does anybody know a cheap good place to do the tests in Pattaya?

Edited by michael34

1 hour wait at clinic opposite club blue on soi buckow..800baht for all you need

pattaya memorial is 1500baht..and only a few hours :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

1 hour wait at clinic opposite club blue on soi buckow..800baht for all you need

pattaya memorial is 1500baht..and only a few hours :GoldenSmile1:

thank you. is it for the regular HIV test or is it the pcr HIV test?

I went in to clinic on soi bukhao got result in about 10 minutes for just HIV test which is 300 Baht and for whole lot is 800 Baht now and will take a few hours for full results.

oh and remember to get re-tested after 3 month mark also!

Edited by jedied

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I believe the other members are speaking about a standard western-blot test. This is the normal standard test for HIV. It is my understanding that it can test up to about 90 days out (90 days and later from a possible exposure).

The PCR test you are talking about I am familiar with. In June of last year I emailed Bangkok-Pattaya hospital on Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya and they did say the offered it. If I remember right, they quoated about 3000bht ($100)...and you had to wait 2-3 days. When these other guys are saying 20 minutes, that is definitely not the PCR test...and 800 bht would not be the price. Also, Bangkok-Pattaya is the only hospital in Pattaya the has the lab to do it...not a corner clinic. FYI, it is also offered in Bangkok at Bumrungrad and Bangkok hospital for a similar fee...again 2-3 days...as you mentioned in can clear you to about 9 days previous to the test.

If I had a steady in Pattaya...definitely for 6000 bht I would test both of us...give us a clean sheet of health...and right to the sack!

Hope this help...fun and happy times!

d69

Hey man, I believe the other members are speaking about a standard western-blot test. This is the normal standard test for HIV. It is my understanding that it can test up to about 90 days out (90 days and later from a possible exposure).

The PCR test you are talking about I am familiar with. In June of last year I emailed Bangkok-Pattaya hospital on Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya and they did say the offered it. If I remember right, they quoated about 3000bht ($100)...and you had to wait 2-3 days. When these other guys are saying 20 minutes, that is definitely not the PCR test...and 800 bht would not be the price. Also, Bangkok-Pattaya is the only hospital in Pattaya the has the lab to do it...not a corner clinic. FYI, it is also offered in Bangkok at Bumrungrad and Bangkok hospital for a similar fee...again 2-3 days...as you mentioned in can clear you to about 9 days previous to the test.

If I had a steady in Pattaya...definitely for 6000 bht I would test both of us...give us a clean sheet of health...and right to the sack!

d69

Sounds what I'll do if I wanted to be with same girl for at least 3-4 weeks but usually no-one comes to Pattaya to spend 4 weeks with the same girl.

And if you decided to do this pcr test after 10 days of being with same girl, there's still a chance she caught HIV 2 weeks before you and results will come false negative since it wasn't 4 weeks since infection.

With normal HIV test that's made with antibodies this false negative can be even 3 months after infection so even greater risk of catching HIV even if test shows all OK.

This is what hurts the most - due to lack of knowledge and after 10' test for 300 THB that tells a guy that his TG don't have HIV, he goes and do her bareback and after next 3 months result is positive.

Summary: if you're not with a TG for at least 4 weeks, you can't be sure that she doesn't have HIV even if you do most expensive HIV test on her.

Don't want to scare anybody but better everybody know this now than foolishly barebacking every girl you just met today (or few days ago), after a 10' HIV test for 300 THB.

Summary: if you're not with a TG for at least 4 weeks, you can't be sure that she doesn't have HIV even if you do most expensive HIV test on her.

Very well said, and lets not over look some of the drug users on the Soi's... I try to stay with the ones that look like they care about themselves

5437949.jpg

There are two primary choices in life;

to accept conditions as they exist,

or accept the responsibility for changing them.

• 2 weeks later...

As dave269 said, I too contacted half a dozen clinics and hospitals in Bangkok and the price ranges from 2,500, all the way up to 5/6,000 bahts for Antigen PCR RNA and DNA, and the waiting time ranges from 1 day, up to 3 days in some places. You can always e-mail the administrators and ask for the price list.

• 3 weeks later...

d69

Absultely correct !

The PCR-test needs more time and is much more expensive than the Western-Blot-Test.

But for an holiday of 14 days...who wants to wait 2-3 days ?

I think the most of us (who wants to put it in w/o a condom) dont want to spend (waste?) so much time....

The Memorial Hospital in Pattaya makes the test for 6500 Baht. Result in 2 days.

I prefer the normal Western-Blot-Test, which I bring with me (german standard). I know about the 3 month blind eye.

I dont fuck with every lady w/o condom....but sometimes I dont want to have the rubber on my dick. In these cases the tests help me to feel more relaxed.

• 3 months later...

I too would like to find a STD test in Pattaya that is reasonably priced and provides some degree of accuracy. I realize that nothing is guaranteed. But I would like to find a steady, get her tested and then go condom free on her. Others I would use a condom on. Any suggestions?

Follow the rules, as I mentioned about the PRC test. I am not a medical professional, but I have read extensively on the topic.

I can only speak for myself, but if I found one I really wanted for a while, I would have to feel comfortable enough to talk about it and

then go to Bangkok-Pattaya hospital and PRC for 3 days cover up until the test is back. Then if you are together all the time, you know she

is not out humping another.

Really, read up on it and ask a doctor. From what I read it can clear someone up to about 10 days before the test, much more accurate than ELISA that

goes about 30+.

Hope this helps,... :GoldenSmile1:

• 3 weeks later...

d69

THIS IS GREAT INFO! I WENT THROUGH AN ORDEAL HERE IN THE USA AND IT ENDED UP COSTING ME 10 TIMES THAT, TOOK A WEEK TO FIND OUT AND OVER A DAY WASTED. HOW DO PEOPLE EXPECT TO STAMP OUT AIDS WITH SUCH INEFICIENCY?

There's a clinic just near the corner of 3rd road and pattaya tai. Almost next door to the vegetarian restaurant. They got a sign saying they do a HIV test in 5 minutes. I took a bird there last week, the doc pricked her finger for a small blood sample and put it through a small tester he held in his hand. I got no idea what this method is called. But within 5 minutes he announced she was negative. Which was want I wanted to hear. It only cost 400Bt.

There's a clinic just near the corner of 3rd road and pattaya tai. Almost next door to the vegetarian restaurant. They got a sign saying they do a HIV test in 5 minutes. I took a bird there last week, the doc pricked her finger for a small blood sample and put it through a small tester he held in his hand. I got no idea what this method is called. But within 5 minutes he announced she was negative. Which was want I wanted to hear. It only cost 400Bt.

Normal rapid-test, should be reliable after 3 months.