Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Dog, half Jackal half thai dog

I have been looking around for a new dog over the last month or so. I found a dog that is real tough, protective and loyal. Perfect guard dog, fearce when needed but faithful and protective! They are great swimmers, diggers and less domesticated. My dog keeps sleeping in the bush at the end of the garden, never had that before!

They need to be well socialized from birth.

These dogs rarely need to go to the vets apart from broken teeth, if they fight.

I have done extensive research on this dog and here is some links.

The breed is only 100 years old and isn't recognised worldwide yet, but they already have shows in USA.

Here are some pics of my two month old bangkeaw dog.

P1010096.JPG

P1010097.JPG

P1010102.JPG

P1010109.JPG

Bangkeaw and ridgeback are two types of Thai dogs, the rest seem to be mongerels. I brought mine for 5000 baht without registration.

I am thinking of breeding them later in the year, if anyone is interested!

Good read here http://www.thebreedsofdogs.com/thai-bangkaew-dog

http://www.barkarian.com/thaibangkaew/index_files/Page480.htm

More history here http://www.mahalo.com/thai-bangkaew-dog and here http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/88100.html

Wilkepedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Bangkaew_Dog

Thai visa topic of real hand experiences http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/254172-thai-bangkaew-dog/

she will look like this, when she is older!

pic_dog_farmthaionline_bangkeaw_005.jpg

Interesting breed, I have not heard of them before. Have you got a name for her yet?

certainly an interesting dog! she is so tiny and is already trying to attack sooty over food!

Interesting breed, I have not heard of them before. Have you got a name for her yet?

They are the proper Thai dog AFAIK - I looked into them when I got the (now deceased) Rotweillers.

There is a Breeder's sign on the left after the Soi Kaotalo traffic lights going in on Sukhumvit from the South.

They are a good looking dog for sure, but don't make those assumptions about not needing vets, especially if they come in contact with Distemper and/or Parvo Virus.

Our builders had a litter of half Bangkaews here, which should have had the added benefit of hybrid vigour, but 4 out of 7 were wiped out.

Get her vaccinated before she goes out. Maternal immunity should cover her until about 6 weeks if you're lucky.

They are the proper Thai dog AFAIK - I looked into them when I got the (now deceased) Rotweillers.

There is a Breeder's sign on the left after the Soi Kaotalo traffic lights going in on Sukhumvit from the South.

They are a good looking dog for sure, but don't make those assumptions about not needing vets, especially if they come in contact with Distemper and/or Parvo Virus.

Our builders had a litter of half Bangkaews here, which should have had the added benefit of hybrid vigour, but 4 out of 7 were wiped out.

Get her vaccinated before she goes out. Maternal immunity should cover her until about 6 weeks if you're lucky.

Thanks for the advice, I will get vaccinations uptodate tomorrow. She hasn't/wont get any contact with any dogs but my own for a while.

Thanks for the advice, I will get vaccinations uptodate tomorrow. She hasn't/wont get any contact with any dogs but my own for a while.

I didn't want to sound negative but it's such a heart breaker if the Distemper/Parvo gets them. They take ages to fade away.

For what vaccinations cost here it's not worth the risk. Also, the vets will come out to your home and do it for only a little bit more and then you don't have to take her to the surgery and come in contact with all those sick dogs.

Don't forget to worm her properly and you'll also need to deal with ticks and mange mite, but if you have a dog already you should know all that.

I like the breed - I thought they looked a bit Husky-like and all opinion about temperament and loyalty are positive

I think you made a good choice - much better than a German Shepherd here. Your neighbours will be impressed and you got a bitch too - always better company on a lonely night. :Fuck_Dog:

Don't be thinking about breeding from her until her second season - that might be back end of this year but I doubt it. If you breed at first season her sketal development won't be complete so you could spoil her and you're likely to get a poor litter.

I'll probably be looking for a bitch myself if my new home deal comes off, but I would need one I could leave alone for long periods. :Think1:

I didn't want to sound negative but it's such a heart breaker if the Distemper/Parvo gets them. They take ages to fade away.

For what vaccinations cost here it's not worth the risk. Also, the vets will come out to your home and do it for only a little bit more and then you don't have to take her to the surgery and come in contact with all those sick dogs.

Don't forget to worm her properly and you'll also need to deal with ticks and mange mite, but if you have a dog already you should know all that.

I like the breed - I thought they looked a bit Husky-like and all opinion about temperament and loyalty are positive

I think you made a good choice - much better than a German Shepherd here. Your neighbours will be impressed and you got a bitch too - always better company on a lonely night. :Fuck_Dog:

Don't be thinking about breeding from her until her second season - that might be back end of this year but I doubt it. If you breed at first season her sketal development won't be complete so you could spoil her and you're likely to get a poor litter.

I'll probably be looking for a bitch myself if my new home deal comes off, but I would need one I could leave alone for long periods. :Think1:

The vets are pretty good here, they have always come and vaccinated the dogs at the house, within hours of calling them!

I will wait until second season, thats good advice!

Now, how the hell, do I stop her sleeping in the bush at the end of the garden! Out of all the dogs that I have had here, none of them have done that??

The vets are pretty good here, they have always come and vaccinated the dogs at the house, within hours of calling them!

I will wait until second season, thats good advice!

Now, how the hell, do I stop her sleeping in the bush at the end of the garden! Out of all the dogs that I have had here, none of them have done that??

Lol - it's a wonder the mozzies aren't laying into her eyes and mouth and toes, but if she's happy out there it wouldn't bother me to have a guard dog which was happy outside.

One of the breeds I kept was Parson Jack Russells (the long legged, broken coated type)and I had one bitch which was hardly off the sofa most of the time but insisted on disappearing out on the farm to whelp her litters. Sometimes it would be 2-3 days before she would reappear from her hidey-hole. I think it was a feral thing and she was also the only dog I ever saw regurgitate part digested food for the pups when it was time to wean them onto solids. I really had little to do with breeding from her apart from organising the mating, but she had 5/6 litters and never reared less than 7. She's currently alive and well in Sevenoaks being spoilt rotten in her 'retirement' though she still tries to kill any cats who venture into the garden.

Happy doggy days.

Very nice, never seen these dogs before looks a bit like an Akita :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Lol - it's a wonder the mozzies aren't laying into her eyes and mouth and toes, but if she's happy out there it wouldn't bother me to have a guard dog which was happy outside.

One of the breeds I kept was Parson Jack Russells (the long legged, broken coated type)and I had one bitch which was hardly off the sofa most of the time but insisted on disappearing out on the farm to whelp her litters. Sometimes it would be 2-3 days before she would reappear from her hidey-hole. I think it was a feral thing and she was also the only dog I ever saw regurgitate part digested food for the pups when it was time to wean them onto solids. I really had little to do with breeding from her apart from organising the mating, but she had 5/6 litters and never reared less than 7. She's currently alive and well in Sevenoaks being spoilt rotten in her 'retirement' though she still tries to kill any cats who venture into the garden.

Happy doggy days.

Both my dogs sleep outside anyway, just dont like that one sleeping in the bushes, with those crazy centipedes around.

Very nice, never seen these dogs before looks a bit like an Akita :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

wow, it sure does!

Akita.jpg

Nice one mate..Look forward to having a tumble with it in Feb :GoldenSmile1:

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Nice looking dog and a interesting breed. Always wanted a dog myself but can't handle one with my demanding job.

certainly an interesting dog! she is so tiny and is already trying to attack sooty over food!

2 weeks ago i got also a Bangkaew dog for Christmas, unfortunately it got the kennel cough including my rottweiler now but with some medicines from the vet, they are almost better now, where did you get yours, i bought mine for 3k and its a really naughte puppy now but i gonna train him myself and hopefully that gonna work out :)

Bangkeaw and ridgeback are two types of Thai dogs, the rest seem to be mongerels. I brought mine for 5000 baht without registration.

The only ridgeback I'd heard of before is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. A friend has one. Originally bred for hunting lions. A seriously large and strong dog. Would make a good guard dog but needs lots of exercise and food.

Congrats and best of luck with your new one.

2 weeks ago i got also a Bangkaew dog for Christmas, unfortunately it got the kennel cough including my rottweiler now but with some medicines from the vet, they are almost better now, where did you get yours, i bought mine for 3k and its a really naughte puppy now but i gonna train him myself and hopefully that gonna work out :)

I paid more for mine, from a shop in Bangkok, it was a hi-so shop with handbag dogs. The puppy isnt anymore naughty as the other ones, but she is learning fast.

The only ridgeback I'd heard of before is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. A friend has one. Originally bred for hunting lions. A seriously large and strong dog. Would make a good guard dog but needs lots of exercise and food.

Congrats and best of luck with your new one.

There are lots of Thai ridgebacks around, the Rhodesian Ridgeback was voted the most dangerous dog in FHM, I think because of what they do.

Here is a sad looking dog outside Papgaya...poor tragic.

Another couple having a good sleep on the road just outside Walking Street

I see no Bangkeaws.

What's your point?

I see no Bangkeaws.

What's your point?

Sorry Edge...there is no point to my post except that more than a few dogs seem to be very neglected in Pattaya.As for the breed of dog you mentioned ,I have no idea.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Sorry Edge...there is no point to my post except that more than a few dogs seem to be very neglected in Pattaya.As for the breed of dog you mentioned ,I have no idea.

I feel an enormous amount of negativity about dog keeping in Thailand and if there was a thread about it I would have expressed my thoughts there.

If you want to start such a thread I'll be there and 'hound' it.

Here on a thread among people who are buying dogs to try to take care of properly, I just feel that such negative thoughts are best kept to myself.

There are lots of Thai ridgebacks around, the Rhodesian Ridgeback was voted the most dangerous dog in FHM, I think because of what they do.

FHM should stick too pics of hot chicks.

Edited by Ro Man

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Thai Bangkeaw.

Lovely dogs but a real handful. Males howl at night like wolves. I love the breed. Nasty bastids if somebody comes near your home.

My Akita is a lot bigger but the TB has the X factor for sure.

Parvo is a shocking disease and everywhere in Thailand. We lost our dog and it had been vaccinated. It's real touch and go if any puppy can make 6 months of age. Distemper everywhere as well.

Good luck with your dog.

Never understood the mentality of people who wish to keep vicious dog breeds as pets. Plenty in the UK though, scruffy animals with low intelligence prowling the streets oozing menace and marking their turf, and that's just the owners.

I've got a Thai Bangkeaw.

Lovely dogs but a real handful. Males howl at night like wolves. I love the breed. Nasty bastids if somebody comes near your home.

My Akita is a lot bigger but the TB has the X factor for sure.

Parvo is a shocking disease and everywhere in Thailand. We lost our dog and it had been vaccinated. It's real touch and go if any puppy can make 6 months of age. Distemper everywhere as well.

Good luck with your dog.

I also have heard that about BG that the male gonna howl at night, for now he is still good, almost 3 months now and still going ok, need to be very harsh on him but my rottweiler also teach him some lessons when he is playing to rough :) Gonna make some pics and put them online , how old is your BG?

I also have heard that about BG that the male gonna howl at night, for now he is still good, almost 3 months now and still going ok, need to be very harsh on him but my rottweiler also teach him some lessons when he is playing to rough :) Gonna make some pics and put them online , how old is your BG?

Maybe BG is not the best abbreviation to use in this thread! Howling BGs in Pattaya...:o

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 1 month later...

pic_dog_farmthaionline_bangkeaw_005.jpg

Not dissimilar to this beauty. Finnish Spitz. Love of my life

spitz.bmp

Also known for barking, rather than howling, as they are bred for hunting in the forests of Finland, where they sniff out the birds and then sit at the bottom of the tree barking to attract the hunter's attention. They are one of the biggest hurdles to my visiting LOS too often. Flights, either free or silly cheap due to air miles collected as part of rewards scheme from cards, hotels etc out there cheap, the 2 dogs though, £42 a night between them kennel fees, that's more than twice my hotel costs, but then mine don't include a one hour walk in the woods every day.

Thanks for the post, Laamok, I thought that I was possible the only one amongst these hard mongerers to be an enthusiastic dog owner!!

Seem to have cocked up picture upload somehow, still it's there if anyone wants to look

Edited by OleKingCole

But...what do I know?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

- Voltaire