Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iPhone 3GS

Shivers

For whatever reason, the alarm on my phone isn't working as of 2 days ago. I can't figure it out. The ringer is on. The volume on the ringer is turned up. The alarm itself is set correctly and is on. Any ideas?

In the upper right part of the screen is the battery life symbol. To the left of that is a little circle with clock hands on it. WTF is that, and would that have anything to do with the alarm not working?

Yeah, it actually did stop working in 2011! Hahaha...thanks for that! I'll check out the link and see if it provides a fix.

Yeah, it actually did stop working in 2011! Hahaha...thanks for that! I'll check out the link and see if it provides a fix.

it is either the 2011 problem or a problem between the chair and telephone :)

if it works please give me a rep point. Dance1.gif

Hmmm...here's what the article states as far as fixing the problem goes.

"You'll have to set a single alarm specifically for tomorrow or January 2 in order for your iPhone to completely ignore it.

Why January 2? For whatever reason the alarm clock problem fixes itself automatically once the iPhone registers that it's January 3. Until then, your only other recourse is to simply set a recurring alarm that captures the first two days of the new year. Strangely, recurring alarms aren't affected by the bug—they'll go off exactly as planned."

The article was written January 1st. Since today is the 2nd, I guess it's saying I have to set the alarm for January 3rd (and make it a recurring alarm)? But, the article states to set a recurring alarm that captures the first two days of the new year. How the hell am I supposed to do that? I can't set an alarm to go off on dates that have already passed, can I?

I think the way the article is written is a bit confusing. Someone want to break it down in layman's terms for me?

check to see if the ringer is muted, if you look on the left side of your phone at the top is a silver switch see if you have knocked it to mute?

check to see if the ringer is muted, if you look on the left side of your phone at the top is a silver switch see if you have knocked it to mute?

Nope, ringer is not muted.

:001_Thank_You5:

Good to know...thanks! I'd give you a rep point, but those have been taken away. Oh wait...I can rate the thread as a way to thank you...but it's my own thread. Hmmm...what was that other thing? Something about going to the user's profile and doing something or another...waaaaay too much work...would have been soooo much easier to just give you a +1 rep, don't ya think? :GoldenSmile1:

see post #8. If you are worried get a wake up call

Hahaha...no wake up calls here in Afghanistan. It should work tomorrow though.

Went to your profile and gave you a 5 star user rating...best I could do. :GoldenSmile1:

Hahaha...no wake up calls here in Afghanistan. It should work tomorrow though.

Went to your profile and gave you a 5 star user rating...best I could do. :GoldenSmile1:

thanks but it was not required, i know i am 5 star . Whistle.gif

looks like an easter egg to me whereas the programmer wanted everyone to get a long sleep on new years day.