IGNORED

Price range for longer term rentals

Halibed

Hi, I'm considering a longer term stay of up to 1 year in Pattaya (not set on anything yet as I haven't been to the area, but if I like it my work situation allows me to stay)

How much can I expect to pay for a small but decent place? A small studio apartment is fine as long as it has:

1. Internet Access (I work online so it is a must), reliable electricity, kitchenette, bathroom with US style sink, toilet and shower

2. I would like to be within walking distance of a hotspot area without the area being too loud, since I must be awake during US hours & sleep during the day

3.Reasonably safe area

What price range can I expect? I am a 25 year old American by nationality and East Indian by ethnicity if that matters

Thanks

Price range can vary considerably depending on facilities, area etc.

Can get a nice place for 10 to 12k baht a month. If you like a bit more comfort then for the 20k you can get some fairly good studio's within walking distance to WS.

PS. do some homework on visa requirements if you want to come for 1 yr.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for a one year rental as I will be staying there on and off while my GF will be there for the entire period. Location preferred is Central Pattaya between 2nd and 3rd roads. Any ideas.

^

More than 3 months studio : 10.900 ThB ; with costs +/- 13.000 ThB

Here : http://www.maxxcentral.com/ But always very busy, not even sure you get an answer if you send an @mail. Better to go by yourself.

why would you recommend a place that does not have the courtesy to answer emails?

^

More than 3 months studio : 10.900 ThB ; with costs +/- 13.000 ThB

Here : http://www.maxxcentral.com/ But always very busy, not even sure you get an answer if you send an @mail. Better to go by yourself.

There have been threads on this place that state it is a total ripoff. Buyer beware.

If your still looking I got a One Bedroom Available in Hyde Park..its really quiet and its only about 10-15 min walk to WS. Its got all the things you ask for and more...trust me, a studio gets small after a year.

Why don't you all simply research the sales rent area lots of condos etc up for rent long term and pm the thread poster and see what else they have.

Indians have a bad rep most places but it's your baht they will be interested in, lots of threads on that subject so I won't go there .

Check out the sales rent thread and do some research there all depends on your pockets and what you can afford per month rental 10k to 200k is available

"why would you recommend a place that does not have the courtesy to answer emails?"

"There have been threads on this place that state it is a total ripoff. Buyer beware."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recommend it not because of their courtesy for sure but because it's the only place in Pattaya which gives, according to me, the most for the price you pay.

I stayed there in 2009 for 4 months and now 2010/11 for 6 months already, not my intention to leave unless I find better for the price I pay now or cheaper for what I have now.

Buyers may be beware, I don't know as I rent.

Edited by TinTin

why would you recommend a place that does not have the courtesy to answer emails?

There have been threads on this place that state it is a total ripoff. Buyer beware.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recommend it not because of their courtesy for sure but because it's the only place in Pattaya which gives, according to me, the most for the price you pay.

I stayed there in 2009 for 4 months and now 2010/11 for 6 months already, not my intention to leave unless I find better for the price I pay or cheaper for what I have.

Buyers may be beware, I don't know as I rent.

i know a couple of people that have lived there and they moved out because it is a shithole, read the threads about it again i am sure you posted on it already.

^

"De Gustibus Et Coloribus Non Est Disputandum"

I'm agree with you, if some people thinks it's a shit-hole, why should they stay. Not the best place in the world, but, again according to me, a very good place for the money you pay, and apparently some others think the same as "MaxxCentral" as well as their other business "MaxxPlace" is full near all the time.

If your still looking I got a One Bedroom Available in Hyde Park..its really quiet and its only about 10-15 min walk to WS. Its got all the things you ask for and more...trust me, a studio gets small after a year.

Hey I didn't post this message but am looking for long term accommodation at a reasonable price. Something with some space. Am prepared to pay up to 10,000 baht a month but would prefer less. Somewhere close to the beach (5 - 15 mins walking is OK)and party street. I'm presently studying Thai at Walen school in Bangkok, they also have a school in Pattaya and I want to transfer. I'm on a 1 year student visa and am planning to extend next year. Can you send me your contact details and details of your condo.

My mobile is 08 7702 2801

Hi, I'm considering a longer term stay of up to 1 year in Pattaya (not set on anything yet as I haven't been to the area, but if I like it my work situation allows me to stay)

How much can I expect to pay for a small but decent place? A small studio apartment is fine as long as it has:

1. Internet Access (I work online so it is a must), reliable electricity, kitchenette, bathroom with US style sink, toilet and shower

2. I would like to be within walking distance of a hotspot area without the area being too loud, since I must be awake during US hours & sleep during the day

3.Reasonably safe area

What price range can I expect? I am a 25 year old American by nationality and East Indian by ethnicity if that matters

Thanks

Halibad, I have a condo that will be available this June. It is located in View Talay 6 the best location to stay in Pattaya, in my humble opinion of course. It is very nice, the current tenant loves it but is buying a house for more room. Very high floor with excellent sea view. PM me if interested Beachroadlover

Halibad, I have a condo that will be available this June. It is located in View Talay 6 the best location to stay in Pattaya, in my humble opinion of course. It is very nice, the current tenant loves it but is buying a house for more room. Very high floor with excellent sea view. PM me if interested Beachroadlover

VT6 For 10000bt or less is a fantastic deal.

:Birthday_Cake:

VT6 For 10000bt or less is a fantastic deal.

:Birthday_Cake:Sorry, but i never said 10,000. It is 20,000 for one year contract. Beachroadlover

• 2 weeks later...

YEA I ALSO AGREE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHATS THE BEST WAY TO STAY IN A LONG RENTAL PLACE, I AM AN INTERNET MARKETER MORE LIKE A BLACKHATTER SO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET EVERY DAY, THATS MY ONLY NEED THOUGH I COULD CARE LESS IF I LIVE IN A SMALL PLACE AS LONG AS I HAVE A RELIABLE INTERNET SOURCE.

wHAT DO YOU THINK ITS THE BEST WAY TO GO TO GET VERY GOOD INTERNET, PREFERABLY SOMEWHERE AROUND USA STANDARDS

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY KEYBOARD GOT FUCKED UP.

YEA I ALSO AGREE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHATS THE BEST WAY TO STAY IN A LONG RENTAL PLACE, I AM AN INTERNET MARKETER MORE LIKE A BLACKHATTER SO I NEED TO HAVE INTERNET EVERY DAY, THATS MY ONLY NEED THOUGH I COULD CARE LESS IF I LIVE IN A SMALL PLACE AS LONG AS I HAVE A RELIABLE INTERNET SOURCE.

wHAT DO YOU THINK ITS THE BEST WAY TO GO TO GET VERY GOOD INTERNET, PREFERABLY SOMEWHERE AROUND USA STANDARDS

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY KEYBOARD GOT FUCKED UP.

Take a look at items for rent and for sale. A lot of choices there.