IGNORED

Cobra gold

synergest1

Hello all, just wanted to drop a note that Cobra Gold is coming to Thailand soon. Look for additional US and other nations service members to flood Pattaya in significant from end of Jan to end of Feb. It shouldn't be enough to derail your trip, but forewarned in forearmed. Cheers.

Happy to be there.

I have been there twice since CG... hardly even noticed the extra people. Those that I did see where very well behaved.

Those guys signed on the dotted line to defend a lot of peoples freedom, I say the deserve to let their hairs down once in a while.

I was in Pattaya during the last Cobra Gold and although I noticed a few more people around, nothing to write home about.

The guys were on their best behavior and a credit to their respective services.

It brought back memories from my days in the Royal Navy as these guys have a standing ban from entering Soi 6, but when ever the powers that be just simply ban you from somewhere and do not give any reasons we used to go there to find out why we shouldn't be there so I noticed a few people floating around the six. LOL

The thing that annoyed me about the ThaI authorities was that they went round all the bars and vigorously handed out a telephone number that bars could call if there was any trouble and there would be a mix of MP's and Thai police would come screaming down beach road but the way they worded it was not nice and basically over encouraged the use of the MP's.

I had a few beers with them on Soi 6 and had a bit of a laugh with the troops but unfortunately they are on cinderella leave and have to be back on board by 11 or 12 at night.

In a nutshell, there will be nothing to have an impact on your holiday IMHO

It brought back memories from my days in the Royal Navy as these guys have a standing ban from entering Soi 6, but when ever the powers that be just simply ban you from somewhere and do not give any reasons we used to go there to find out why we shouldn't be there so I noticed a few people floating around the six. LOL

The main reason for the "ban" on Soi 6 is because that's where the command likes to go, and what Colonel/Captain/Rear Admiral wants a bunch of lower ranking enlisted men watching them swill beer and mess with the girls when they've got families back home and reputations to protect? The vast majority of "off limits" establishments in my military career were established for the convenience of the command and no other reason whatsoever.

the girls will be excited

hope the guys have a good time

what's the difference between us and me ?

why bar girls will be excited more than normal 2 weeks millionaire ?

Edited by MaGiK

• 2 weeks later...

never been a problem when the cobra gold is in town, they are all in bed by midnight anyway

never been a problem when the cobra gold is in town, they are all in bed by midnight anyway

I was thinking the same thing.

Over the years, I have heard guys complain about all the "young guys" in town and how it interferes because the older guys aren't hansom men ... blah blah blah.

In my personal observations, military guys tend to drink more, and barfine less. Over the years, girls have said that the military guys were good for lady drinks, but they get too drunk and don't have money to barfine.

I also remember a girl telling me, "smart girl don't barfine with military. They fuck too much."

It may have been an issue many years ago ... but it doesn't seem like a bid deal now.

I don't even remember a big deal last year and there were supposedly 5000 ... From 2010:

"It is thought that around 5,000 US Navy personnel are now in Pattaya taking some well earned rest and recuperation and it is thought they will spend around 100 Million Baht during their short visit."

In my personal observations, military guys tend to drink more, and barfine less. Over the years, girls have said that the military guys were good for lady drinks, but they get too drunk and don't have money to barfine.

That's because they aren't allowed to drink while on ship; your tolerance for alcohol decreases markedly over time. I remember when I got back from my deployment to Iraq I actually threw up after drinking a six pack! Normally that wouldn't faze me, but after nearly a year without a single beer, those six did me in good! These guys get out into the bars and think they can drink like they could back when they were consuming alcohol regularly, and find out the hard way that they can't. Shame, really, because when they wake up the next day I'll bet most of them wished they'd had the girl instead of the booze.

My opinion has not changed. Soldiers come to the bar, I hear a oooooh.. and no one notices me anymore. They sit down, pampering their water bottles (bought from (7/11). When asked to order they only hold their bottles tighter, not knowing what to do. Very soon I am so handsome again.