IGNORED

Visa for Thai Girlfriend - HELP !

jbones13

My girlfriend is in University (met her online) and we have been dating for about a year. I am trying to get her to the U.S. to visit during her break from school (she has 1 year left) and want to make sure we don't fuck it up. Do I need to write a letter, sign it and send it to her to take to the interview? How about my printed bank statement? Email and Phone records... skype chat logs? Proof of her residence at University? She speaks near fluent English so I think that will help.

Please, any advice and/or recommendations. What does she need to take with her from me? What kind of questions does she need to be ready for?

Good luck with that.

You hardly see any info on visa for any girl p4p or not going to the USA.

Usually all for the UK, i am also looking forward to any info you will get.

markinaruba

My girlfriend is in University (met her online) and we have been dating for about a year. I am trying to get her to the U.S. to visit during her break from school (she has 1 year left) and want to make sure we don't fuck it up. Do I need to write a letter, sign it and send it to her to take to the interview? How about my printed bank statement? Email and Phone records... skype chat logs? Proof of her residence at University? She speaks near fluent English so I think that will help.

Please, any advice and/or recommendations. What does she need to take with her from me? What kind of questions does she need to be ready for?

I'm not familiar with the entry clearance system for the US but I would have thought all the documents that you have mentioned above would be necessary. Anything that would be considered as evidence of your relationship should be included as would proof of funds that are available to finance the trip and information about where you will both stay (photo's, mortgage/rent agreements, plans) are also important. Keep everything brief but at the same time make sure you include everything that you think is necessary.

Make sure you clearly state your girlfriends reasons for returning to Thailand before the expiry of her visa. This in my opinion is the most important part of the application and the reason why a lot of tourist visa's to western countries are refused.

Good luck.

Also wondering if I can just scan and email this stuff to her to print out. Make it much easier as I am worried there is a bit of a time issue getting everything to her on time.

I have just finished the process of bringing my GF ( Now Wife ) to the USA. You will have to do a fiancee VISA ( Everything else will be denied .) It will take about 6 months for everything to be approved. Be prepared to give them everything - You need bank statements to guarantee you are able to take care of both of you.

You will need to give them all your emails, photos and phones records, you will need lots of photos of you together, proof of entry to Thailand via your passport, and record of correspondence. She will have to go to the hospitals in BKK for her check ups and doctor interviews. You will need to get her to send you all the documents you need for her then you will send them to the closest office to you in the USA for processing You can also hire a Lawyer like I did in BKK to handle this for you. I used http://www.mythaifiancee.com/

The Visa is good for 6 months and You will have 90 days once she arrives in the USA to decide if you want to get married or not - If not then she will have to return to Thailand after that, and trying to bring her back will be very hard to do.

Also I would be prepared for expenses during the six months wait to re assure Her that you are serious in supporting her ans possibly her family.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Geddy225 - I will be marrying in Thailand in about 2 months. While it will be valid in Thailand, I was thinking I should not report the marriage to the U.S. embassy because I've heard a fiance visa is more easily obtained, and we could get that later and marry in the States. We're not planning on living in the States, but I do want to take her there for 3 or 4 months in the Summer of 2013 or 2014 so she can meet my family and we can to a whirlwind tour of the States.

Would you recommend not reporting the marriage to the embassy, or doing so and then getting a marriage visa (if that even exists) when the time comes to take her to the States?

Also, how much did the BKK lawyer cost you? And was it worth the expense?

i guess you are talking about a tourist visa. Very hard to get for a Thai citizen. The US embassy does not care about your bank statements or email it is all about the girl. It is different from what i understand about the UK visa's for Thai's.

Getting a marriage based visa will probably be the only way.

We are going into US work with an American adviser possibly working from this office shortly.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

This may help: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1286.html

Geddy225 - I will be marrying in Thailand in about 2 months. While it will be valid in Thailand, I was thinking I should not report the marriage to the U.S. embassy because I've heard a fiance visa is more easily obtained, and we could get that later and marry in the States. We're not planning on living in the States, but I do want to take her there for 3 or 4 months in the Summer of 2013 or 2014 so she can meet my family and we can to a whirlwind tour of the States.

Would you recommend not reporting the marriage to the embassy, or doing so and then getting a marriage visa (if that even exists) when the time comes to take her to the States?

Also, how much did the BKK lawyer cost you? And was it worth the expense?

I know someone who is going the fiancé visa route for the US. He told me that it is easier to get this visa than if he was married as you said.

I would be careful about not telling them about you being married already. What would happen if you later decide to move back to rhe US with her? They would then discover that you had previously made a fraudulent application.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I know someone who is going the fiancé visa route for the US. He told me that it is easier to get this visa than if he was married as you said.

I would be careful about not telling them about you being married already. What would happen if you later decide to move back to rhe US with her? They would then discover that you had previously made a fraudulent application.

If I tell the embassy I'm not married, it will only be a little Thai lie because I technically won't be married as far as the U.S. is concerned if I don't complete the process with my embassy. :D

Thanks for helping to confirm the fiance visa is easier to obtain. Now I just have to decide if it's better to report the marriage with my embassy and get a tax break for having a dependent, or wait for 2 to 3 years and go the route of the fiance visa.

If I tell the embassy I'm not married, it will only be a little Thai lie because I technically won't be married as far as the U.S. is concerned if I don't complete the process with my embassy. :D

Thanks for helping to confirm the fiance visa is easier to obtain. Now I just have to decide if it's better to report the marriage with my embassy and get a tax break for having a dependent, or wait for 2 to 3 years and go the route of the fiance visa.

I don't know about the US Embassy, but if you are caught out by the UK embassy they could ban your GF/Wife from applying for 10 years.

I don't know about the US Embassy, but if you are caught out by the UK embassy they could ban your GF/Wife from applying for 10 years.

Damn...bit harsh I should say. I can check with the U.S. embassy when I go there to pick up the form stating I'm not married in the U.S.

Found the info for getting a visa for a spouse...

Spouse

If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are

•Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.

•Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required:

■Petition for Alien Relative, Form 1-130; and

■Petition for Alien Fiancé (e), Form I-129F

Since I'll get a tax break for being married, and due to the uncertainty of a penalty if I don't report a marriage and file for a fiance visa, I think I'll just go ahead and report the marriage and get the K-3 visa.

For those who are curious, here is the info for a fiance visa...

Fiancé(e)

If you are an American citizen, you may bring your fiancé(e) to the United States to marry; and live here.

Nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e) (K-1)- To travel to the United States for marriage. An I-129F fiancé(e) petition is required.

Immigrant Visa for a Spouse (IR1 or CR1)

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiance(e) (K-1)

And here's a link for those seeking a tourist visa: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1265.html

• Like 1

Seems like I read somewhere, that if you do go the fiance route, you have 3 months to marry. If you do not marry, they must leave, and cannot return.

OOPS I BROKE THE THREE DAY RULE AND NOW I AM INTERESTED IN THIS TYPE OF INFORMATION.

WHY ? BECAUSE MY GIRL IS DIFFERENT 55555555

Non bar girl.

From a good family.

Has a good job for over 3 years at the same place.

Educated and speaks English and German well, along with many others enough to do her job at hotel front desk at one of the bigger hotels. She totally runs the whole hotel during her shift.

She is 36 I am 51. She is a firm 7.5 and I am a easy 7 on the 1-10 scale of looks.

I have known her as friend for almost 2 Years and we spent 5 weeks togeather on last trip after finding out we were both single at the same time.

She knows that I am not rich.

I really belive that she loves me. I have always known that she was attracted to me.

You sure about this? If you're just doing the Buddhist ceremony then no you're won't be legally married (in Thailand or anywhere), but if you register the marriage at the Amphur it's a legal marriage (certainly as far as the UK is concerned).

The golden rule is never lie about anything as far as visa applications are concerned. Omit certain details if you have to, but don't lie!

You sure about this? If you're just doing the Buddhist ceremony then no you're won't be legally married (in Thailand or anywhere), but if you register the marriage at the Amphur it's a legal marriage (certainly as far as the UK is concerned).

The golden rule is never lie about anything as far as visa applications are concerned. Omit certain details if you have to, but don't lie!

Yes, it will be an official marriage in Thailand (reported to the Amphur), but as far as I can find, there's no law stating you have to inform your embassy of the marriage.

However, when I apply for a visa for my future wife, then you are absolutely right that I should report the marriage and get a proper visa as opposed to a fiance visa. I'll likely report it before applying for the visa anyway since it's my understanding I can get her a Tax I.D. number and/or a SSN, and thus claim her as a dependant (still trying to confirm this).

Yes, it will be an official marriage in Thailand (reported to the Amphur), but as far as I can find, there's no law stating you have to inform your embassy of the marriage.

However, when I apply for a visa for my future wife, then you are absolutely right that I should report the marriage and get a proper visa as opposed to a fiance visa. I'll likely report it before applying for the visa anyway since it's my understanding I can get her a Tax I.D. number and/or a SSN, and thus claim her as a dependant (still trying to confirm this).

You'll have to get an affirmation to marry from your Embassy for the Thai authorities (i.e. to prove you are not already married), so I would imagine there will be a record somewhere.

Anyway, good luck with it mate and I look forward to seeing the wedding photos here!

You'll have to get an affirmation to marry from your Embassy for the Thai authorities (i.e. to prove you are not already married), so I would imagine there will be a record somewhere.

Anyway, good luck with it mate and I look forward to seeing the wedding photos here!

Yep, I'm doing that the day I get to BKK. We'll then get it translated and go to the Amphur there in BKK to make it official. I'm basically following the guildlines in the "Get married for 40 baht" thread.

As for the wedding photos...I'd like to do a TR, but am wrestling with putting something like that on a monger forum...we'll see. :D

You really do not want to lie to the embassy. If they find out, your wife could be banned from travel to the US no matter what her status is.

Happy to be there.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I believe (as has been posted) that as long as the marriage is not recorded / reported in Thailand you are okay. I had a marriage ceremony in Thailand for my second Thai wife, didn't report it, and haven't had any problems.

We applied for a fiancee visa in September of '08 and we had the Buddhist ceremony in Phitsanulok in November, with no trip to the Amphur. By March, she had her visa and her permanent resident status by September. Only twelve months; but, really really only six to get her to the States. When we had the change of status interview in Sacramento, the interviewer was concerned about seeing the "wedding" pictures from Thailand until we explained it was only a religious ceremony and there was no legal marriage.

A visa for your legal wife will take twice as long as one for your fiancee. This is because your wife will have permanent resident status upon approval of her visa application whereas a fiancee will only be halfway through the process when her visa is granted.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill