IGNORED

Got the shits?

scgolf

Just back from Cambo and Thailand-whilst in Pattaya had really bad dose of the shits [2nd time in 7 visits]

Just produced brown water, horrible smell and no interest in food or drink.

Took myself to the clinic opposite Tukcom-was seen quickly-had big glucose and vit B injection [100ml] plus two types of tablet and some stomach emulsion - all for 640bht. Got better within 24 hours.

I drink bottled water, eat carefully, so why? Just bad luck I suppose--or could it be from the pool?>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kw59

• Neep

• Mike Asia

• jbyacht

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in Thailand a week now and just left BKK and moved to Pattaya yesterday. I am not a beer drinker as a rule and prefer a good strong gin & tonic and it's pretty hard to drink one of those with out ice. I wonder if the good strong dose of gin is strong enough to kill anything in the ice as it melts. So far so good.

Edited by jbyacht

my last trip was 3 months and never got sick anywhere in LOS

I have ice in my drinks everyday and eat street food but do try to avoid any dodgy looking meet.

What i found was i would do 2 or 3 shits in the first few hours out of bed and then i was fine till the next day.

I also met an expat chef from the uk living in koh Sok who had lived in Los for 11 years and he had the same deal 3 shits in the morning and then fine till the next day, he feels its all the piss he drinks and i think that is what happens with me too.

A drink without ice just isn't the same, don't worry too much about it and take imodium if you really have problems.

I have one rule to avoid the shits and thats to avoid Thai food. Shame cos i love it.

My advice would be to stay away from ice, it can really screw you up.

It might seem a good idea at the time, but the next day after

being up all night. You will feel like death. You have been warned.

i can resist anything , apart from temptation

If you are used to and can handle hot chili eat plenty as chili is a gut steralizer.

If you arn't used to chili it will most likely give you the shits.

I eat plenty of the stuff and drink plenty of bottled water.

I've never had a problem with the shits in 9 years of LOS.

I do sometimes have a problem with bloating, but probably from the strange foods I try.

Next day a lot of farting, but never had a problem with the follow through.