Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Robins nest Soi buakaow

beach2003

Located just up from Club blu on the left. Im just wondering if this great spot is still open or has it changed name recently?? Cant find it at the moment online

Cheers lads.

So you never wanted a regular type life?

What the fuck is that...? Barbeques and ballgames?

been closed for about 8 months

under new management , same format

new name, cannot remember what

I spent a while in Robin's Nest & farted in all the eggs.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

• 11 months later...

Ate at Robin's nest...........I wasnt aware there was two..............however this one in LK Metro....near to OZ bURGERS

220 B............FOR CHEESEBURGER PLUS CHIPS.........so isnt cheapest place..........but reliable restaurant open 24 hrs with rooms on top.

169 b for Bangers /Mash..........small piece sausages......onions and gravy.......I have tasted better

DSCN0263.JPG

Edited by badboybilly

• 2 weeks later...

Ate there one time, not much to say about the food, kind of avarage. But main reason i didnt give it another try was that the owner was very rude to the girls working there, kept yelling andpointing fingers at them for nearly 10 min. Not wery nice to hear and see

I wouldn't eat at Robins Nest if you payed me. Many good restaurants around the area including The Golf Club on LK Metro which is located bang next door to the Devils Den and i HIGHLY RECOMMEND as I have eaten here for the past 27 days (Breakfast only or should i say brunch by the time i surface)

Sunday buffett....recall it was...about 249 baht...doesnt include drinks..........and for some reason the staff disappear as you go to the buffett...........most probaly because as you can see...they have to cut the meat....well least they save meat....good cost cutting method there....dont cut/slice the meat until a farang asks....and as you can see by the 2nd pic..no staff are standing by the meat...so you .need to go look for them.........I just waited by the American guy who shouted 'Excuse me...meat sliced for me please'........

DSCN0377.JPG

DSCN0376.JPG

Edited by badboybilly

Had the full breakfast this morning at Robin's Nest, nice enough and good value at 145B, (I know there are cheaper) but I enjoyed it more than the fry up at 18 Coins last week. Slightly put off being served by a ladyboy at 18 Coins. Not everyones cup of tea in the morning, watching him/her flit around the tables noisly trying to attract self attention. Thought the Christmas dinner was very good at Robin's Nest on the 25th, he was very busy and the staff worked so hard. Noticed the place was full tonight as I walked past, so he is doing something right. We ate at the Pig and Whistle tonight, where the breakfast and the thai food is more expensive than Robin's but I don't think it's any better. Politely questioned the Pig and Whistle girl why the drinks bill was more expensive than the menu price and was told with a laugh, due to the floods!. True or not, I don't know, but perhaps it should have been advertised better. Robin seems a decent guy and is friendly. He runs a tight ship, everywhere is clean, the rooms upstairs are reccommended, cleaned daily and the rates are competitive compared to other guest houses in the area. I know this for a fact having trawled around the streets this month looking for a room. I don't think it would be fair to name businesses, but some rooms are grim and owners are still asking top doller. He might get on his staff's case from time to time but you talk to any owner and they will tell you that the Thai staff need keeping on their toes or else standards soon go down hill and customers will vote with their feet. Take time to talk to Robin, he is a geniune guy trying to make a success of his investment, his staff are always friendly and polite. The guy has got good personal standards, which is a good thing and dare I say, sometimes a rare quality with some expats in party town. I cannot fault the place. Everyone has their favourite places to eat, doesn't mean we should knock another man's business. I've read good reviews about the Golf Club on LK Metro but haven't tried it. We like the Patts Bear garden as well and usually rotate between 3 or 4 places. I don't think Robin's Nest can be described as the worst food in Patts as one post suggest. Those photos of the cavery look good to me and for 249B is good value. Having said all that not sure I can forgive him being a Taffy! :WinkGrin1:

Happy New Year forum pals, it's going to be a wild one, pity on all those stuck at home. Remember you only live this life once, make the most of it.Get an air ticket in good time next year.

Probably my worst Restaurant... Same class to Airline Foods..

I was their yesterday morning and had an excellent breakfast the second one of my trip in Patts and the food and service were excellent.

Jocky king you must eat in the Hilton every day to convey such emphatic condemnation of an excellent Cafe / restuarant that I am sure most on the board would find to be above standard Pattaya fair.

Sunday buffett....recall it was...about 249 baht...doesnt include drinks..........and for some reason the staff disappear as you go to the buffett...........most probaly because as you can see...they have to cut the meat....well least they save meat....good cost cutting method there....dont cut/slice the meat until a farang asks....and as you can see by the 2nd pic..no staff are standing by the meat...so you .need to go look for them.........I just waited by the American guy who shouted 'Excuse me...meat sliced for me please'........

LOL!!

Clearly you are not attuned to Thai ways .... you just put the whole hunk on your plate and head back to your table ....that gets their attention!!

Cheers

LOL........I should of done that........ I wonder what they would of done :WinkGrin1:

• 5 weeks later...

i had a few breakfasts there last December. Its a bit pricey from what i normally pay but there is good food and the staff are friendly.

Robin is a character but understand his frustrations in managing the staff.

The main reason for coming here was the location. You can sit right on the soi and people watch for ages.

I seem to remember that the last day i was there Robin had just sold the place..

Ate there several times this trip, staff were great as was the food!

image.png

the guy who owns the sportsman on soi 13 dave has bought robins nest,the sportmans food is good so should only be improvement at robins nest.

Not meaning to be picky - I like Robins Nest and its breakfasts have improved greatly - however the toast is not great it used to be one largish toast - that full of air type bread - its now been replaced by one small toast better quality but not enough for a breakfast another toast is 15 baht - its not the money its the priciple - you get 2 of everything why not toast - put it up 5 baht and give another toast - rant over!

the guy who owns the sportsman on soi 13 dave has bought robins nest,the sportmans food is good so should only be improvement at robins nest.

He is a top bloke and runs a good business.

Excellent news.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

• 1 month later...

Surprised this old post has kicked off again, their seems to be alot of negative comments about the Robins nest on Soi Diana.

In my opening post i was actually talking about Jollys on Soi Buakaow!

So you never wanted a regular type life?

What the fuck is that...? Barbeques and ballgames?

Sunday buffett....recall it was...about 249 baht...doesnt include drinks..........and for some reason the staff disappear as you go to the buffett...........most probaly because as you can see...they have to cut the meat....well least they save meat....good cost cutting method there....dont cut/slice the meat until a farang asks....

the first time i went for the buffet, i just grabbed the knife and stared cutting... I thought it was self-serve.....

cut myself some nice pieces off too...555