IGNORED

Why are Muslims coming to Pattaya?

foxboy

My annual winter to trip to Pattaya has left me somewhat bemused this year at the startling number of Muslims in the area. I know there are plenty of Thai Muslims and I've seen a fair few mosques dotted around, but why would foreign national Muslims choose to come here?

If we put a measure on the holiest of places in the world to visit, a Muslim would put Mecca at the top of his list, but wouldn't Pattaya be right at the bottom?

Most Muslims around the world despise the way us farangs/infidels conduct ourselves - drinking alcohol and womanising (two pastimes I hold dear to my heart) so why would they want to come to the one place that offers both in abundance?

I've noticed Indian and Arab Muslims sitting in the same bars as me, some drinking beer, some drinking water, but all taking a great interest in the Thai ladies.. sitting with them, talking and laughing together and even paying bar fines for them. I actually find this quite offensive. Their religion dictates that this behaviour is 'haram' (forbidden) and that we as infidels are acting in a repugnant manner, according to their faith, by engaging in such activities.

I don't want to share a bar with someone who finds my behaviour objectionable, but decides to tolerate it when it's his chance to join in with the fun away from his Muslim peers and family. I find the whole thing incredibly hypocritical.

Trust me, this is NOT a racial issue. If they were say, Indian Hindus, or Sikhs I would not object one bit.

Do you walk up to them and say "are you a Muslim"?

India is the 2nd largest source of tourists to Thailand after China. They are predominantly Hindu.

Also many many Muslim countries the vast majority of the inhabitants are secular.

Guys

If this thread goes the wrong way it will be removed. OP that is not a comment to you just that these threads usually get oiut of hand very quickly.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Man you could open a real can of worms with this one, it all comes down to how muslim are you? some follow their faith to the letter others flount it, I know both and both are really nice guys. i think the best thing is to ignore it and just be safe in the knowledge that they are not all holier than thou. After all I know plenty of catholics that use condoms..is this wrong? I know gay christians..is this wrong? :Club_fight1: A wise man once said religion is ok in moderation 100% WORLD PEACE AND PARTYING :08:

honestley i couldnt care what colour they are or what religion they are, so longs as we are all out there to have fun. i have no intrest in trying to dictate to someone in another country what they can and can not do as part of there religion

Yes I have asked them if they are Muslim, because I was so shocked to see them in the bars. I do know the difference between Muslims and Hindus as I have many friends of either religion.

They're probably on a 'business trip'. Or maybe a 'golfing' holiday. I take it they're men only, not respectable muslim families going down Walking Street - now that'd be weird.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

i dont find it that unusual actually ... even in muslim countries like UAE, Indonesia, Malaysia etc you still have large prostitution scenes

guess mongering breaks all religious boundaries.

Well Foxboy, for your very first post on this board you seem to be opening up a very smelly can of worms... Why didn't you just post about your happy times in Pattaya? It seems to be a very odd way to make a start on the board.

As has been said, no good ever comes from this kind of thread. You've made your point and I think enough is enough. I'm closing the thread before it gets any worse.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

My annual winter to trip to Pattaya has left me somewhat bemused this year at the startling number of Muslims in the area. I know there are plenty of Thai Muslims and I've seen a fair few mosques dotted around, but why would foreign national Muslims choose to come here?

If we put a measure on the holiest of places in the world to visit, a Muslim would put Mecca at the top of his list, but wouldn't Pattaya be right at the bottom?

Most Muslims around the world despise the way us farangs/infidels conduct ourselves - drinking alcohol and womanising (two pastimes I hold dear to my heart) so why would they want to come to the one place that offers both in abundance?

I've noticed Indian and Arab Muslims sitting in the same bars as me, some drinking beer, some drinking water, but all taking a great interest in the Thai ladies.. sitting with them, talking and laughing together and even paying bar fines for them. I actually find this quite offensive. Their religion dictates that this behaviour is 'haram' (forbidden) and that we as infidels are acting in a repugnant manner, according to their faith, by engaging in such activities.

I don't want to share a bar with someone who finds my behaviour objectionable, but decides to tolerate it when it's his chance to join in with the fun away from his Muslim peers and family. I find the whole thing incredibly hypocritical.

Trust me, this is NOT a racial issue. If they were say, Indian Hindus, or Sikhs I would not object one bit.

I think you will find that Christian beliefs despises the same type of behaviour. Do you question why people from 'Christian' countries go to Pattaya? Do you ask all the customers in the bars that you go to if they are Christian before ordering a drink? Sorry but your post is racist and ill-informed.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived