IGNORED

Hard Rock Hotel

Shivers

I'll be in Pattaya for 5 nights during an upcoming trip and have narrowed my choice of hotels to 3...1 of them being the Hard Rock hotel. Have any of you been there before? I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe the last time I was in town and found the food to be really good (if a little expensive), but I have no experience with the hotel itself.

The pictures on-line (www.agoda.com) look good...nice rooms & a large pool. Another plus is the location...being on Beach Road, it's easy enough to catch a baht bus to and from wherever I need to go.

If anyone has stayed there before, can you tell me if I wanted to invite a friend and his girl over to hang out at the pool for a day, would that be possible? Or is the pool strictly for guests of the hotel only and no friends of the guests are allowed? If they are allowed, would I have to pay some sort of joiner-fee?

Thanks for any information you all can provide.

their is a fee cant remeber what it is but not cheap. value for money their are some much better hotels in this range.

Thanks for answering that question. The pool looks quite nice and seems like it would be fun to hang out there for a day drinking with friends.

The prices for rooms start out about $90, which isn't cheap, but isn't too bad either. I'll keep looking though.

Hard rock hotel charges joiner fee 1000bht per guest

That's laughable. I wouldn't consider the Hard Rock in the first place (value for money) but the 1000 baht joiner fee is just so ridiculous that it's funny.

I'll be checking in with my tgf, so it's not as though I'll be paying 1000 baht for all the LTs I'll be bringing back. However, yes, 1000 baht is crazy-stupid. I guess they're trying to weed out the mongers?

I'm taking serious looks at two other hotels. One is The Vault, but it doesn't have a pool...still may end up staying there though because the rooms look quite nice and it's in a good location.

I'll be checking in with my tgf, so it's not as though I'll be paying 1000 baht for all the LTs I'll be bringing back. However, yes, 1000 baht is crazy-stupid. I guess they're trying to weed out the mongers?

I'm taking serious looks at two other hotels. One is The Vault, but it doesn't have a pool...still may end up staying there though because the rooms look quite nice and it's in a good location.

The Hard Rock here doesn't differentiate for SEA prices. You'll pay the same as Vegas, Paris, etc.

Take a look at these rates.

I tried this hotel once. They quoted a room with sea view 5000 bt. I thought OK, I could afford this if the room is good. But the room was small, old fashioned and smelly. I got out straight away and got my money back.

In short, Pattaya Hard Rock hotel sucks.

Edited by Steeve69

The Sabai hotel group have some nice rooms and you can bring outsiders in for a swim free of charge.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

My buddy just stayed at the Hard rock a few weeks ago. He got an $80 a night sale on Agoda. There was not a joiners fee, they had to leave their ID at the desk. He brought a few back and there were not any problems. I think you have to be discreet there

had a drink at the hard rock cafe a few years back, 1 Heineken 370 bt inc all taxes

never did go back

My buddy just stayed at the Hard rock a few weeks ago. He got an $80 a night sale on Agoda. There was not a joiners fee, they had to leave their ID at the desk. He brought a few back and there were not any problems. I think you have to be discreet there

Wow...guess they've changed their policy between when others posted and when your friend stayed there...good to know. I've opted to stay at the Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort...has a kick ass pool that both my girl and I will really like (slides, lazy river, etc).

• 1 month later...

I stayed there, and yes I recall a 1000 bt. But this was for the 2nd girl. I made sure that when I reserved the room, I reserved for two. I don't recall if they gave my any issues about the 1st, but I don't think I paid for her. When reserving any hotel, always reserve for two, then you only have to pay for extra fun....

had a drink at the hard rock cafe a few years back, 1 Heineken 370 bt inc all taxes

never did go back

I had some friends staying there 2 years ago and used to meet them in the cafe most nights, i drink heineken and theres no way they charge 370 baht

for a beer!

They are more expensive than a beer bar but not massively more or i`d remember and would`nt have met them there

I tried this hotel once. They quoted a room with sea view 5000 bt. I thought OK, I could afford this if the room is good. But the room was small, old fashioned and smelly. I got out straight away and got my money back.

In short, Pattaya Hard Rock Hotel sucks.

I agree totally with you Steve, rooms were tiny, and I was not pleased with the quality of Housekeeping.

Have never been back.

I had some friends staying there 2 years ago and used to meet them in the cafe most nights, i drink heineken and theres no way they charge 370 baht

for a beer!

They are more expensive than a beer bar but not massively more or i`d remember and would`nt have met them there

100% that is what they charged me, I thought it was for my mates and his birds beer as well, they showed me the bill and it was for one beer, this was about 4 years ago or so thankfully it was 68bt to the pound then

I went there a couple of years ago.

As blueboy says, the beers costs a fortune.

Never went back......

:Circle_Sharks:

5000b a night ? That is what I pay for a condo for a month, granted it is a older bldg, and in Jomtiem.

Has aircon, hot water and a bed and a euro kitchen.

The TGF cooks and cleans, but she costs 15Kb a month :)

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

• 1 month later...

NO joiners fee for one girl but yes there will be for two.

Potential problems are two fold

1. Make sure you BOOK for two people i.e. double occupancy. If you book in advance for two they have no grounds to charge you unless you take more than one girl back. If you book a double room but single occupancy then they may try and charge you. THIS is the likely reason for the different stories you read here about some people being charged and some not.

2. The "look down" issue. The staff at HR (and many other 5 star places) will often look down on you for taking a girl back. If you can handle that, fair enough, but think about what the girl is going through. My advice is to find genuine girl friendly places i.e. where they are FRIENDLY, as opposed to just accept it.

If you use online bookers such as Agoda make sure you book for two people (at all hotels). Just use Mrs Smith or similar for the 2nd person.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I was there for 2 weeks (paid in advance) and I will not go back there. Too expensive and some of the staff are mean to the girls.

I went and had a look at the Hard Rock once, It was full of daft stupid American types, with equally daft stupid prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there Nov 2010 with my TGF (from the Sates) as an "upscale" option for a 4 day get-away. We stayed in one of the suite rooms on the top floor. Pros to that was access to the executive bar where we could fill up on food and drinks (including alcohol) to our hearts content before/after going out. They treated us very well as the American/Thai "married" couple. Most others in the lounge were of Eastern European heritage and, in my view, not as appreciated.

Pros:

Out of the way from the craziness

Access to the beach

Great pool

Large room with two balconies

Great sea views

Cons:

Baht bus (or car) needed for most trips

Low mongering quotient (good if couple)

Prices and costs (if you eat/drink in them, we didn't)

In sum, would not stay there if I was mongering, but would be on my list if you wanted an upscale option, good pool, access to the beach, and can afford the suite rooms. Since I'll be heading to Pattaya solo next month I will probably book one of the LK hotels (Soi Diana) or something closer to WS (where I have not stayed before).

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the Hard Rock about 3 years ago. I guess the prices went up. As I recall the first guest was free to bring back, but if you brought back two then it was 500 Thb. I didn't try to take anyone to the pool so I can't speak to that.

I don't think I would stay there again ... like other have said the price to value isn't the best. It does have a good location and if you are bringing a family it might be better. In general, it was 9an apparently still is) pretty pricey for everything.

Take care

Walt

• 3 months later...

I stayed at the Hard Rock about 3 years ago. I guess the prices went up. As I recall the first guest was free to bring back, but if you brought back two then it was 500 Thb. I didn't try to take anyone to the pool so I can't speak to that.

I don't think I would stay there again ... like other have said the price to value isn't the best. It does have a good location and if you are bringing a family it might be better. In general, it was 9an apparently still is) pretty pricey for everything.

Take care

Walt

When i was there in March this year they charged 500Baht for each girl i brought back. When i talked to the manager he gave me some nights for free and sometimes only discount, so it is good to communicate a lot and be friendly :)