IGNORED

Thailand Cough

Hound

I have had a few similar experiences, First I do not have a home I travel for work, well really for life. I never really even unpack into a home. I get a cold one week after traveling to a new environment. IE: desert to tropical, and back. Country to country, Continent to continent. Pollution does play a role in this as well. I have found that if you stay well hydrated with water, not alcohol that you will be able to kick what ever ails you much faster. Secondly from kissing all of the BG you will catch things that you are not really thinking you will. The STD NGU is also transmitted via mouth to mouth, and mouth to organ contact. I have found that this bacterial infection can be diagnosed as bronchitis when you are not honest with your Doctor. SUCKS but true. Could be considered a KISSING dieses. Loss of breath and being tired because my body cannot get enough oxygen through the mucus that is dripping down my neck. Be honest and you get better faster, or research it yourself and do what is needed.

Big trick is to breathe through your nose as much as possible. This will help keep you more healthy.

For the Air Conditioner issues, Yes proper maintenance procedures would be at the minimum quarterly filter cleaning and bi annually pressure washing. I would prefer that is it shortened to filters one a month, and pressure washing to quarterly. Last time I was in Thailand I checked out the units in my rooms. I was there a month. I saw mold and various other growths on the unit.

My recommendations: Carry a little bit of bleach, or ask the Maid if she has some bleach water. If not make some with her help. Give her a tip she will help you out. Turn off your AC unit and spray the unit down. Let it evaporate, while you are out enjoying an afternoon at the bar. When you get back you can turn it back on and know you have taken your precautions for the AC unit. Might want to find something for the bed, I got bed bugs once that sucked as well. Pemetherin (sp?) Works well. Don’t spray it on yourself.

But hey if that is a bit long winded for ya’ll then piss off and go cough. I was tired of being sick all the time.

Cheers and happy travels.

when going to Bangkok or Pattaya usually the first thing I do when I arrive in my new hotel room is take the filters out of the air conditioner and run them under water to clean them out, not that difficult to do, just make sure you are doing them the right way with the direction of the air flow and not opposite.

Now that is a good idea. :wub:

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005