Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Asian Cup

zoomwave2003

Anyone following the Asian Cup thats on at the moment? Australia is playing for the first time - and rated as equal favorite along with Japan - nice situation for Aussie football to be rated as top team in a major comp

Thailand were 1-1 against Iraq lucky for Thailand. and Aussies were 1-1 against Oman - Aussies were feeling the heat and saved a draw in extra time.

Cheers

Zoomwave

i have cancelled my satellite subscription, otherwise would have loved to have watched some of it, you'll have to keep us updated.

I am keeping one eye open for Manchester United's Asia tour as well, should be some really good games to watch if all the new signings are playing.

chock-dee

Just finished watching the disappointing Saudia Arabia vs South Korea match. Disappointing since Korea only managed to tie and not win. Damn I miss the days GUUS was leading the crew.

Bring me back to 2002 please! I don't know what is happening with us these days. We seem to suck more each day.

If anyone was watching this game you may have noticed that the bloody stadium lost power for about 25 minutes. I am wondering if this had anything to do with the tie. I saw some inspirational play before the blackout.

Well, I hope I can watch the Sunday and Wednesday match against Indonesia and Bahrain. Go Korea!!

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

Korea only got as far as they did in 2002 thanks to some REALLY dodgy reffing calls. They were shown up last year for the team they are, basically a bunch of anally defensive scardey cats who are too frightened to have a real crack with the ball and depend on offensive teams mistakes to capitalise on for goals, Taegukki warriors indeed. The fans are really something else, the K league struggles to get bums on seats, your average korean knows NOTHING about world football and couldn't give a flying crap, but come game day when the "Red Devils" (really original name by the way) are playing the whole country comes to a standstill with every man and his dog having to vigourously cheer for korea in order to show just how korean they are, vulgar nationalism runs rife during these little outpourings of "uri nara" and if you ain't cheering for the han gooks then don't bother cheering for anyone at all.

I went to korea vs china rugby match last year, korea are a well drilled team and china are just crap really, to the point that they were down about 60 nil at half time. As we were down chinas end for the second half and korea was again scoring try after try, i started yelling out to try to pick china up a bit, much to the bemusement of some old ajosshi who were screaming at me in korean not to root for the chinese and to be quiet, "you are in korea, act like a korean". Dae han min gook indeed.

IT'S BIZNESS TIME

Korea's my second team after Oz. My girlie is Korean so kinda have to. there will be big trouble mind you if they meet in the finals lol

third team is Thailand cause of my love for the country.

Tonight Thailand take on Oman (think Oman will prove too strong) Qatar take on Vietnam

tomorrow the Aussies take on Iraq.....

I have watched all the games so far. Its good stuff in that teams are evenly balanced even if the quality is visibly lacking.

What will be interesting is when Thailand play Australia. I watch football here and although skill levels are high there is virtually zero real physical contact just a lot of falling over thighs. These little Thai guys are gonna be both shocked and bruised when they play Aus who have a lot of players playing in Europe and who don't shirk when it comes to the physical contact side of the game. Some Thai player will simply NOT know what hits them - and Im talkig about the LEGAL challenges here, not about "foul play".

The Asian "game" is worlds apart from Europe and South America - players are smaller, lighter and (maybe) more gentlemanly but that isn't going to do them ANY favours at all.

Before it started I could only see three winners, Australia, Japan and South Korea but now I'm not so sure.

I still think Australia can only "lose" it but as for the other finalist I think that is far more open than I had initially envisaged.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Tonight's schedule:

17:00 Oman v Thailand

19:30 Qatar v Vietnam

It will be on in Shooters, corner Second Rd. and Soi Diamond. We're open at 6, I get there at 7. If you go before I get there and it's not on, just ask Gate (our lovely guest services manager) to switch the satellite to channel 66. If anybody is planning to go at 6, I will make an attempt to get my lazy ass in there and meet you.

BTW, the MLB All-Star Game will be re-run tonight at midnight on ESPN. We can put that on if anybody is interested.

Edited by Bruce Mangosteen

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

I still think Australia can only "lose" it but as for the other finalist I think that is far more open than I had initially envisaged.

Australia may have done just that after losing 3 - 1 to that well know footballing nation, Iraq. Even Scotland scraped a draw against them many years ago. :P

Alan

Australia may have done just that after losing 3 - 1 to that well know footballing nation, Iraq. Even Scotland scraped a draw against them many years ago. :LMAO1:

Alan

The Iraqi people have suffered immensely for such a long time and they deserve at least a bit of good news from their football team.

Good luck to Thailand and Iraq in group A. I have tickets for the Australia vs Thailand game next Monday and I am looking forward to it. So is the Thai missus. :Oops5:

Tonight's schedule:

17:00 Oman v Thailand

19:30 Qatar v Vietnam

It will be on in Shooters, corner Second Rd. and Soi Diamond. We're open at 6, I get there at 7. If you go before I get there and it's not on, just ask Gate (our lovely guest services manager) to switch the satellite to channel 66. If anybody is planning to go at 6, I will make an attempt to get my lazy ass in there and meet you.

BTW, the MLB All-Star Game will be re-run tonight at midnight on ESPN. We can put that on if anybody is interested.

Bruce are you going to show all the games? I'll be there in time for the finals.

bloody disappointed in the r Aussies performance from last night - I think they're really feeling the heat from playing in Banngers being the only country coming from the winter season - for aussie based players anyway.

It's turned into a horror show for Australia. Geez, if we lose to Thailand I'll never hear the end of it from the missus! :P

It's turned into a horror show for Australia. Geez, if we lose to Thailand I'll never hear the end of it from the missus! :)

You are not the only one. My missus hasn't stopped smiling. We have tickets for tomorrow and Australia will have to win by more than 2 goals to advance to the next round. I don't think that can be done. Well, it's only a game and as long as the missus stays happy then that is alright with me too. :P

Big relief to see the Aussies through to the next round - bigger relief to see them starting to play better - although still not on top form and next up is Japan

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oy Oy Oy

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

I really hope i'm wrong but i'm not overly optimistoc about the Aussie's chances. The first two games we were way below average at best. The win against Thailand flattered us. The first goal was good but after that the Thais gave up. 3 defenders giving a striker a free header and that much space was extremely poor defending by the Thais.

The Japanese won't be as much of a pushover. They have a reputaion as the Italy of Asia (when it comes to diving) and the heat and humidity is going to be against us big time. But you just never know.

Testicles

You are not the only one. My missus hasn't stopped smiling. We have tickets for tomorrow and Australia will have to win by more than 2 goals to advance to the next round. I don't think that can be done. Well, it's only a game and as long as the missus stays happy then that is alright with me too. :wacko:

I thought Thailand played very, very well an 4-0 really flattered Australia. It was a win-win for me 'cause the girl was proud of her team and Aus won. :P

AUS just lost the penalty shoot-out against the Japs 4:3 to make all of you Aussie haters happy. Harry Kewell, out of all people, missed from the spot. It's only a game. :)

AUS just lost the penalty shoot-out against the Japs 4:3 to make all of you Aussie haters happy. Harry Kewell, out of all people, missed from the spot. It's only a game. :)

IMHO, the Soceroos has the infuriating knack of being over confident when they have no right to be.

For example today on the news here in Sydney they reported..... Australia is entering the game confident as the beat Japan during the World Cup! As soon as they said that I knew Australia was going to loose. Fuck me for the first 70 minutes of that game Japan was winning 1 - 0.

Considering the mediocre/poor performance in their previous games in this series, yes, yes I know they beat Thailand (4 - 0) a real power house (sarcasm), one thing they shouldn't have been doing going into a game against Japan was being over confident or cocky.

They are no longer in Oceania and as soon as they realise that, the better they'll start playing, until then Australia is destined to loose. Fuck me even when they were playing in Oceania they lost to New Zealand because they thought they had an automatic ticket to the top.

Edited by rightsaid

Bugger! we lost the Ruby to the Kiwis as well. Still on the bright side I'll be in Pattaya in six days :)

Watched the game and thought Japan were the better side.They destroyed Australia from mid field and out wide.IMHO japan deserved to win.

Watched the game and thought Japan were the better side.They destroyed Australia from mid field and out wide.IMHO japan deserved to win.

Fair enough, but there is also bad and good luck involved. If Harry Kewell, out of all people, would not have missed that first spot kick it would have been our day. The Aussies are my team and I support them whatever. The Aussies were robbed in the World Cup by the cheating Italians. The Aussies did hardly whinge about that. Japan were the favourites playing on their home turf in Hanoi (group games). They were the lucky ones against against an emerging football power, us Aussies. The Japs are nort very good at most sports, but like to think they are superiour human beings, well a lot of them seem to think so.

If there is any team I feel really sorry for, it is Thailand, with their good sportmanship and their fantastic crowd, supporting them despite undeservedly loosing by such a big score against AUS. Australia is not a football country. The Socceroos deserve all the support they can get. They play fair and square. What about having a player red-carded for no reason at all. It is no fun to play a man short for half the game.

You have been there and watched it. :CumOnFace: I only watched Australia play in Bangkok and I am proud of them. :Who_Cares:

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oy Oy Oy

I have heard that several times in different sports, when aussies where in the crowd. What's the meaning of it?