IGNORED

Airline Advice

dragon1973

I always thought that the best flight deal consist of saving some dollars. Personally I recommend spend some money and get a reputable airline. I used the china east airline and it was horrible. Using Shanghai connecting airport was not a great experience, but this airplane was without any sort of entertainment in addition to uncomfortable seats, horrible meals. I also cannot comprehend their words (stewardess) from speaker. I end up paying extra (more direct flight, better airline) and used the ASIANA for return flight without stopping shanghai to korea. It was much better experience. If anyone has any other flight advice please post.

What about Thai Airways. Have only had good ecperiences using them.. They do have direct flights from Seoul

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Thai has always been among the Top(10) Airlines of the world in customer satisfaktion for more then the last decade in any tes I ever seen.

-> A save choice.

Proud member of the -Heavydrinking Hardcore Mongers Union of Pattaya-

What about Thai Airways. Have only had good ecperiences using them.. They do have direct flights from Seoul

Thai Air is ALWAYS more unless they have a "Special Promotion" KA

I only fly Emirates and Thai Airways when going to and from the LOS...even if I can save a little money by choosing another airline. There's a lot to be said for customer service and reliability...really goes a long way.

Just a tip...if you're traveling to the LOS anytime soon, purchase your plane tickets as quickly as possible. I read an article recently saying how airline tickets are going up next year due to hire gas prices. Sure as shit, in the 5 minutes it took me to book my tickets today, the cost of my flight went up $50! I spoke to another guy today who had the same experience when buying his tickets...went up a LOT more than mine did though, unfortunately for him.

here is the best airline advice i could ever give anyone NEVER FLY AIR INDIA.

but jet airways however, another indian airline, are brilliant.

here is the best airline advice i could ever give anyone NEVER FLY AIR INDIA.

but jet airways however, another indian airline, are brilliant.

What happen on Air India? I had a wonderful flight with them except for the ALWAYS INDIAN PAAENGER GUYS STANDING IN THE Aisle way blabbing in Hidi acting like there in a bar. **ckin annoying.

What happen on Air India? I had a wonderful flight with them except for the ALWAYS INDIAN PAAENGER GUYS STANDING IN THE Aisle way blabbing in Hidi acting like there in a bar. **ckin annoying.

thez lost mz luggage for a start

and the insides of the planes smell

thats the thing, i havent yet, i fly on the 29th of december but i have had nothing but trouble with them changing the flight no of their flights and not sending me an eticket. i booked the flight back in july and only got my eticket last week after around 40 phone calls. their phone operators are so rude its unbelievabe. i also know a bm on here, sonny, who was booked on the same flight as me, he booked BEFORE ME in june. he rang them last week and was informed he wasnt on the delhi to bangkok flight, wtf!!!! and he had to get a refund and rebook with someone else, costing him a fortune.

i am still nervous about getting to heathrow and being told i dont have a ticket for the delhi leg. also, i have looked at the reviews for air india and there is nothing but bad things said about them. i have not heard anybody say anything good about them. apart from you that is. how was your flight then, by what you said it was good. at least thats one good review. i feel a bit better now lol.

Thai Air is ALWAYS more unless they have a "Special Promotion" KA

I am well aware that Thai Air is not the cheapest,, but they do provide good quality which IMO is what the OP is looking for- as Shivers wrote " There's a lot to be said for customer service and reliability...really goes a long way."

Another alternative could be Air Asia (personally only used them domestic in LOS) but they do not have direct flights from Seoul, you would have to have at least one stop (Seoul-Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok)

Everyone has the right to my opinion

From Inchon,

Why wouldn't you just take Korean Air or Asiana?

Thai airways flys direct from the USA as well...LAX route. I wonder why they dont fly direct from other West Coast cities? Like San Fran or Vancouver??? I'll be flying Korean Air..but just because of my mileage plan.

MavSig2.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=3&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xffffff&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT -09:00) Alaska&

&event_time=year:2011;month:4;day:15;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&event_bg_image=-&

&bg_image=-&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=Mavic's Cherry trip&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

Thai airways flys direct from the USA as well...LAX route. I wonder why they dont fly direct from other West Coast cities? Like San Fran or Vancouver??? I'll be flying Korean Air..but just because of my mileage plan.

There are a lot of Thai's in LA compared to Vancouver is my guess. More Filipinos in San Fransisco so that is why Phillipine Airlines goes out of there.

Understand. Indian customer service is the worst in the world. I flew them 4 months ago and was impressed. I have no doubts that someone is experiencing problems with Air India after living there 45 days. I don't want to say I hate Indians, but they really have NO customer service skills at all -- unless they work in Pattaya..LOL. I just flew a Asia Flight from Delhi last week. Check in was late, but made it to BKK 1 min early! Air Asia when flying with THAI attendants are not as good as flying with Malaysia attendants. But that was from DEL to BKK. Maybe Thai attendants have the same attitude as the bar girls do about Indians..LOL. I'm knocking Indian men MOST of the 1 of 13 classes are cool.

those are pretty broad statements about Indians. Out of order in my opinion. Fine to say something about Air India but your other statements are racist.

From Inchon,

Why wouldn't you just take Korean Air or Asiana?

In Incheon airport there are broad ranges of choices. I went with the cheapest--china east airline and I got the cheapest service. I learned my lesson and I hope to tell others that cheapest airfare is not the best way to fly unless you are okay with poor customer skill/service, poor entertainment, delays, increased flight/connection time etc... Time is money.

In Incheon airport there are broad ranges of choices. I went with the cheapest--china east airline and I got the cheapest service. I learned my lesson and I hope to tell others that cheapest airfare is not the best way to fly unless you are okay with poor customer skill/service, poor entertainment, delays, increased flight/connection time etc... Time is money.

Hey, Use this one.

http://www.jinair.co.kr

I'm a Thai fan as well, airline as well as the girls!! I'd rather pay a little more and have a relaxing flight without any stress before or during the flight with a good chance of it arriving on time with my luggage.

hand-luggage.jpg

...and a decent hand luggage allowance...

If you go for cheapest price (airline or agent)then you risk having some problems as shown on this and other threads. Sticking with the majors, Thai, Emirates, etc is probably best, only exception would be low cost carriers like Air Asia, who are brilliant if you are flying in from somewhere a bit closer.

Just my bahts worth from years of long haul experience.

Eva air is one of the cheapest from London, they're better than Quantas/BA IMO. I've also never had a bad flight with Thai from London.

My main advise would be to fly direct if possible, it's half the hassle and theres half the chance of something going wrong, ie delays, lost luggage, flight cancellations. Remember that any money saved by flying indirect could be spent waiting for a connecting flight.

Concur. Also in comparison for about the same price Thai Airways standard economy seats are about the same size as United Airlines economy plus seats. Lots more bang for the buck, plus better meals and service.

Happy to be there.

My preference is always flying Thai, but Singapore, emirates are still good.

I have flown Air Asia and had no complaints except a 3 1/2 hour wait at the domestic side of KL airport which has no bars, but at least they have a smoking room.

I suppose I am lucky being relatively close to LOS though

• 1 month later...

After flying on an assortment of US based and internationally based airlines, I will probably never fly international on a US carrier again if I can help it. The standard of service is far higher with the international airlines IME.

Definitely planning to pay extra for the LAX-BKK nonstop. Coming from the west coast of the US I don't think any other flight really makes sense, unless you really really need to save a couple hundred bucks.