IGNORED

Baht Buses on Backhoa

tikkigodaz

Hi All,

Next March I'll be staying in the Backhoa/LK area. I've never really made it here on my first two trips, and I'm wondering what the main baht bus routes are on Backhoa. I believe this is 2-way street correct? When the baht bus get South or Central Pattay road do they loop around on 2nd or beach or something else? Thanks for reading, sorry if it's a dumb question.

Tikki G

Hi All,

Next March I'll be staying in the Backhoa/LK area. I've never really made it here on my first two trips, and I'm wondering what the main baht bus routes are on Backhoa. I believe this is 2-way street correct? When the baht bus get South or Central Pattay road do they loop around on 2nd or beach or something else? Thanks for reading, sorry if it's a dumb question.

It is a two-way road and in my experience, the southbound buses turn right onto South Pattaya Road, then right onto 2nd road. The northbound ones turn left onto Central Pattaya Road and then right onto 2nd Road. Don't know where they go after that. In my experience, the bus drivers go wherever the hell they want and if you don't like it, just hit the buzzer lol! It seems there aren't as many buses on Buakhao, and frequently it seems every one that comes by is full, so you might want to explore the motorbike taxi option... I love the motorbike taxis, it's the next best thing to teleporting.

Most Baht buses going north on Soi Buakhoa to Central Pattaya Rd do turn left, then right on to 2nd Rd, past Big C, upto to Dolphin Island. Now here some go upto Naklau Rd, others loop back onto Beaach Rd, its just pot luck which one you pick.

• 2 months later...

Just ask the driver where he's going . If you don't it's a complete lottery.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i agree ive got on baut bus their 3 or 4 times and he always seems to go different route each time

soi 6 warrior

Never ask where they are going, asking implies you want to hire them to go somewhere specific and you have a good chance to get in a spat over how much you 'owe' the driver. Just get on and watch where it's going, if it gets off the route you want hit the buzzer, get off and get the next one going your direction.

It is a two-way road and in my experience, the southbound buses turn right onto South Pattaya Road, then right onto 2nd road. The northbound ones turn left onto Central Pattaya Road and then right onto 2nd Road. Don't know where they go after that. In my experience, the bus drivers go wherever the hell they want and if you don't like it, just hit the buzzer lol! It seems there aren't as many buses on Buakhao, and frequently it seems every one that comes by is full, so you might want to explore the motorbike taxi option... I love the motorbike taxis, it's the next best thing to teleporting.

Agree with you at the last part of your post.555. Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Most Baht buses going north on Soi Buakhoa to Central Pattaya Rd do turn left, then right on to 2nd Rd, past Big C, upto to Dolphin Island. Now here some go upto Naklau Rd, others loop back onto Beaach Rd, its just pot luck which one you pick.

I think there will be no luck with it,you only have to ask the driver.

Will be one of the easiest things in the world.

You judt only must be able to speak.555.Cheers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Baht buses going north it is 50/50 what happens. i have many turn north on second road and continue, but they also head to beach road on central pattaya road too. never sure which one is which.

Going south all the ones I have taken turned east (away from Walking Street) on South pattaya road

:Ignore:

Been to Pattaya recently, or ever ?

Going south all the ones I have taken turned east (away from Walking Street) on South pattaya road

You must be very unlucky as all the ones I have been on at night have turned towards Walking Street. When the market is on during the day they can not turn right there.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Ditto. Rode them many times when I was staying in LK Metro last month, every one turned East.

-Noober

• 2 months later...

Im sure they have numbers on the front and go set routes,like buses in England. even saw a website about this try to google baht bus routes Pattaya or something like that, if you offer them more cash then they will take you anywere. I did these quite a few times as sometimes I just wanted to get back to my guesthouse asap and 100 baht usually did the trick.

• 4 months later...

It's correct that the bahtbusses (songthaews) on Soi Buakhaow drive in both directions: to Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Sai Song and Pattaya Nua (Central Road, Second Road and North Road) or to Thanon Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Sai Song (South Road and Second Road).

I know there's a risk involved, asking a bahtbus driver which direction he drives. He might think you want to hire the whole bahtbus, which might result for you in paying a lot of money. Despite this, I dare to ask the driver which direction he's driving, pronouncing the Thai names: Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Sai Song and Pattaya Nua if you want to drive to the Dolphin Roundabout (north) or Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Sai Song if you want to drive to Walking Street (south). When he shakes his head yes or no, you know the answer.

It's just a matter of quick learning and remembering the Thai names; not hard and quite easely done.

I experienced one time that, when I was driving south at daytime, the bahtbus was turning left on South Road. I quickly hit the bell, jumped of and took another bathbus in the opposite direction (Walking Street). However, when I did the same trip in the evening, all bahtbusses had to turn right on South Road, in the direction of Walking Street because in the evening they are prohibited by the police to turn left on South Road. I don't know exactly why it's like this, but I guess it's because of guiding the traffic.

I hope this helps.

Edited by BrasTrav

Ad optimum.

As a rule, all baht buses on the corner of Soi Buakhao and South Road turn right, towards of 2nd Road/Walking street.

Only you have to remember, there is a big market on the corner of Soi Buakhao and Pattaya Tai aka South Road on daytime, every Tuesday and Friday.

On this occasion, the baht buses on Soi Buakhao heading South Road have to turn left, away from Walking Street / Second Road.

If it happens, just ring the bell, pay 10 baht, cross the road and take another baht bus.

Edited by lulu666

Anyone know what's the standard fee for mototaxi?

There really isn't one. It depends on where you are going and how much they think they can get from you.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton