IGNORED

Iffy Passport

Dodgy

Earlier this year away on a break to India I was languishing in a swimming pool when my peace was wrecked by the realization that my passport was in the back pocket of my swim shorts.

After much attention with hairdryers and tissues I managed to get it into reasonable condition.

Apart from looking a bit weather worn the only issue is that several entry exit stamps for various countries have run, faded or even disappeared.

I have a page that had 6 entry/exit stamps to LOS that have faded but can be read reasonably well but it's obvious that they have suffered water damage because they have imprinted themselves on the opposite page.

I have since made several trips abroad using the passport with no issues or questions but am concerned about returning to LOS and encountering a problem.

I'm not keen on spending 4 LTs to get a replacement passport so was wondering if any BMs have had similar problems and faced issues getting In/Out of Thailand, especially considering Songkran.

Cheers

Dodgy

There was a story on here a while back about a member that had gone to the airport all excited about going to Pattaya, when he went to check in they looked at his passport and wouldn't allow him to fly. The reason? Because the laminate on the photo page of his passport was starting to come away. He pleaded with them but they wouldn't budge... His only option was to apply for a replacement and then re-book his flight for serveral days later. Very disappointing and expensive for him.

There was a story on here a while back about a member that had gone to the airport all excited about going to Pattaya, when he went to check in they looked at his passport and wouldn't allow him to fly. The reason? Because the laminate on the photo page of his passport was starting to come away. He pleaded with them but they wouldn't budge... His only option was to apply for a replacement and then re-book his flight for serveral days later. Very disappointing and expensive for him.

Thanks for that, there is no sign of damage to the laminate or the main photo/info page at all. I'ts just if you look at the stamp pages the ink stamps show that it's been in water.

I know now I'm going to get paranoid over this so might just bite the bullet and spend some hard earned

Dodgy

• 4 weeks later...

Get it replaced for sure ...I got warned about mine on my last trip with the same problem.. and as a bonus you should get an E- passport if you don't already have one, which will help you get though immigation quicker.....

Edited by crossfield