Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort - Review

kpdxxx

Hello,

Just spent over a week here so thought I would write and decent review for any BMs who are thinking of going here in future.

Pattaya Resort Hotel

Firstly, it is true that the hotel is a little bit of a walk down Soi 15, but this hasnt done the Murcure hotel any damage. However, 2 BGs did say to me that I should not walk alone done there very late at night. During the day its not really a problem as there are plenty of people, a few shops and a few mototaxis knocking about. The hotel does offer a free tuktuk to the end of either Soi 15 or soi bukowski, so going from the hotel to the action is not a problem. To those looking to get back in the early hours I would say either ring the hotel and they will send the tuktuk, walk with your teelak or or get the mototaxi guys at the start of Soi 15 to give you a lift.

The restaurant has been closed but will open shortly and will be run by the people who manage the restaurant opposite xcyte night club, however until then the hotel had no problem getting food/drink and bringing it to me if I asked them.

I did notice a few ants in the room, but there where always removed after cleaning. That said the hotel wasnt as spotless as the dynasty inn which is practically gleaming, still the cleaning of the rooms was more than fine.

it is true that there is some construction at this time, and not only of a shopping mall opposite, but also of a giant condo up the road. how long this will last i dont know, and it has sizeable shanty town of cambodians right on the door step. that said, i didnt see them hardly and as my room was at the back of the hotel heard no noise. even when walking past there was virtually no noise.

i was a bit shocked as the fridge and freezer are quite sizable but there was no mini bar inside. especially as the hotel will soon be charging quite a bit. i dont know why this is but hope it is resolved soon as the mini bar is a bit of a hit when you come back with a tl in tow sometimes.

the staff are very friendly and i heard one of the them having a joke about Soi 6 with one of the customers , so thankfully there is no awkward walk of shame at this hotel. a couple of my bar fines also agreed they where treated very well. the hotel insists on ID from the ladies as well.

the hotel provides wifi but has 2 terminals downstars which is quite good, especially if you dont bring your laptop with you, which some of you may decided to do as the safe is no big enough to accomodate one.

the aircon is also not bad, its the first one ive been able to direct and controll where the air goes, which isnt too bad as too often thai girls complain about the aircon as being too cold.

i didnt use the pool so cant accomodate, but i saw several customer using.

on the whole i say that this hotel reminds me of the dynasty grande in bangkok a little. it is a bit pricy (or will be) but accomodates to that sort of monger (not a yobbish scroat). i did see some thai couples staying there and a uk father and son (middle aged and old aged) both seeming to enjoy it.

the only gripes where the few ants i saw which i cannot abide and the fact that the shower in the deluxe rooms is not seperate and is stuck next to the toilet. just a personal preference, but a sperate shower is a bit sexier.

i would definatly stay again, but may go for a cheaper room, which even at full price is similar to the dynasty and the PBR has better facilities.

PICT0048.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

Thanks for the review mate. Was thinking about staying and based on th ereview i'll book.

Testicles

I also want to add that the airport pick up and drop off is spot on with a hotel employee at bkk airport with a sign and hotel shirt on. i think it was 1000 to pattaya and 1200 back to bkk. there are cheaper options, but i as charged 1800 by the dynasty in in pataya last year so the PBR offer is good value and stress free.

at the top of Soi 15, right across the road of second road is a thai restaurant called PATBOONGLOYFA (or something similar), i eat here every day and did so last time in pattaya. They serve great thai food on sizzling platters and have a wide menu (with pictures and english). the price is quite good as well (about 3x dearer than kiss food) but the quality and portions is about 300x better than kiss food. Every teelak I took there liked the place and after visiting about 20 times i would say that i never had a duff meal. you cant miss this reastaurant if you walk to second road from the PBR. it also has a nice mix of thai and farang customers. Look for the big green sign!!

Thanks for the report on the hotel and restaraunt. I am staying there for 10 days in Sept, and have arranged

for an airport pick-up, so I hope it is as easy as what you say.

Not bothered about the walk, and if my barfine gets tierd, at 45kg its not much to carry for a while.

Thanks

Thanks for the report on the hotel and restaraunt. I am staying there for 10 days in Sept, and have arranged

for an airport pick-up, so I hope it is as easy as what you say.

Not bothered about the walk, and if my barfine gets tierd, at 45kg its not much to carry for a while.

Thanks

i will also stay in pbr in sept. but i will always use the tuk tuk, motortaxi or baht bus at night. for saftey reasons.