IGNORED

UK passport and Birth cert for half thai son

flyingowl

Hi, I hope some of the members can help me with the following:

I am a British citizen I have a 4 month old son with my Thai Girlfriend of 5 years. We are not yet married.

I want to get my son a British passport and birth certificate as advised by a friend,

What is the process for me to get the passport and birth certificate for my son.

He has a Thai birth certificate as he was born in Thailand, he is listed on the birth certificate as having the same surname as me.

My thai girlfriend has never visited UK.

I have no experience of dealing with embassies etc, so an idiots guide may be useful.

many thanks.. and Merry xmas

I hav been told he needs a Thai passport as well to use to leave Thailand and come back in after a visit to UK

would it be better to get the Thai passport first or the British passport first.

would getting one first be detrimental to the other? I think thats how you spell it !

If you are in Bangkok now, you should go to your Embassy as soon as you can. They should be able to walk you through this without much of a hassle.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

Hi you should E-Mail Karen

[email protected]

She is in charge of the passport section at the British Embassy in Bangkok and will be dealing with your application, stating that you are unmarried and you wish to apply for British passport for your son, she will advise you on what you need to bring/have, as your son has a Thia birth certificate you should get him a Thai passport aswell make life easier if he's traveling from LOS to the UK and back again

Hope this helps

JT

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

I hav been told he needs a Thai passport as well to use to leave Thailand and come back in after a visit to UK

would it be better to get the Thai passport first or the British passport first.

would getting one first be detrimental to the other? I think thats how you spell it !

A friend in this situation but married, was told that his son can only keep his Dual Nationality options open until he is 16 and then he must choose.

True or False anyone?

My daughter has a UK and Thai passport, just contact the british embassy in BKK and they will tell you what documents you need to take (cost approx 4000 baht) you do not need a UK birth certificate once you have the passport as your child will now be in the system.

As for the Thai passport, you take your baby, birth certificate, GF's ID card and house registration (tabien ban) and your passport to Central Bang Na shopping centre in BKK in the basement level, took me 20 mins to sort it and they post it to you 1 week later (cost 1000 baht)

My daughter has a UK and Thai passport, just contact the british embassy in BKK and they will tell you what documents you need to take (cost approx 4000 baht) you do not need a UK birth certificate once you have the passport as your child will now be in the system.

As for the Thai passport, you take your baby, birth certificate, GF's ID card and house registration (tabien ban) and your passport to Central Bang Na shopping centre in BKK in the basement level, took me 20 mins to sort it and they post it to you 1 week later (cost 1000 baht)

Do you know if there's an age limit on the child ?

My daughter's 4 years old now.Her Thai birth certificate is in my name.I'd love her to have a UK passport but so far the mother has put a block on it (long story).

I have been adivised that I need a 'certified translation' into English of any Thai documents needed to be submitted with my passport request, ie. Thai birth certificate.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is meant by a 'certified translation' and if so were can I get one done.

Many thanks again.

happy new year

I have been adivised that I need a 'certified translation' into English of any Thai documents needed to be submitted with my passport request, ie. Thai birth certificate.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is meant by a 'certified translation' and if so were can I get one done.

Many thanks again.

happy new year

A certified translaction should be done by a law firm, they will stamp the translaction to confirm it has been correctly translated into English, there are many places around Pattaya / BKK that can do this, you have Thai Visa Express which is on LK Metro which will help you, cost should be around 300 baht per translaction there are also a few shops close by to the British Embassy (on the same road) that will do it takes about 30 mintues or so

Cheers

JT

Edited by JASONTHAI

Building A House In The Village

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK