IGNORED

Pocket Video Camera

Menethil

For my next trip, I'm planning to get lots of video footage, but some of this content must be on "spy" mode with the camera on my front pocket, so I need one of these cameras that have the size of a cell phone. Up to US$250.

I've been reading some internet reviews and the Kodak Playsport Zx3 seems to be the best option, beating the Flip camcorders in almost every aspect.

If you know anything relevant about these cameras, please reply to this topic. The reward will come in a few months in my next trip report. :D

Living the dream!

Make sure you have plenty of health insurance if your gonna use it in the gogo's :NoNo3:

Since I'm not a one man army like Sharkman, I do not plan to film inside forbidden places.

I just want to capture some spontaneous behavior and street/bar scenes without being noticed. For example, I noticed that the girls at Simon bar compex scream much more when you're not pointing a video camera to them.

PS: Sharkman, if you read this, consider "one man army" as a compliment, wish I had half of your size.

Edited by Menethil

Living the dream!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Kodak Zx3 Playsport.

It's very small (looks like a big cell phone) and was cheap, so I knew I couldn't expect much.

But it performs nicely on well-lit places and ok in the dark (although for the price it's very good), WAY better than the videos taken with my photo camera (Sony S950).

It's very discrete, you can film pretending you're talking on the "phone".

The bad point is that is has basically zero functions, you can't even pause while recording a video, if you stop and resume then it starts writing another file.

These were taken using this camera: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/69276-augusta-street-in-sao-paulo-brazil/

Notice that it was a dark environment, recording from a moving car through a dirty and wet window.

Edited by Menethil

Living the dream!