Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cigarette prices - inflation

discrete

I know this might be off topic, but I have just been told by a mate (who is in Pattaya at present) that cigarettes have doubled in price in the last couple of years ... and are now 2 pound (about 90baht) per pack ... so 40 pound for two cartons for him to bring back to the UK.

Can anyone confirm or deny this price hike? If it is true, then inflation is really on a rampage !!

ผีเสื้อ

i think L&M are about 58 baht a pack at 7-11.

I smoked L & M in October and can confirm they are 58 Baht at 7 - 11.

I have been paying 78 for Marlboro light too. My mate smokes Benson & Hedges Gold and I think he was paying 95 baht from 7-11

I smoked L & M in October and can confirm they are 58 Baht at 7 - 11.

marlboro lights are 78 bt a pack and have been for 9 months

Correct.

Taxes are up.

Cheaper prices can be found when you buy a carton(sleeve) at one of the shops selling wholesale drinks.

My mate gets L& M 350 baht for 200, compared to UK how much are they

Edited by Daveo

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Cigarettes have gone up in price over the last couple of years, but they haven't doubled...if you take into consideration the worsening exchange rate, then taking a few cartons of tobacco back to the UK would have cost you half the price of todays prices in £'s 5 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Nowhere near doubled.

4 years ago I smoked Marboro and they were 50 baht a pack. In fact they were 50 baht a pack for a long time before that too. I think they were 50 baht 10 years ago too.

Now 78 baht a pack so thats a 55% increase over 10 years.

I think there was a large hike about 2 years ago when the government added duty but now thats done the price increases are small if at all.

Like many I have switched to L&M whcih are the pick of the Thai brands and they are 58 baht a packet.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Just a thought, but what happened with the hawkers that used to sell the contraband Marboro, they where always about 15/20 baht cheaper than 7/11 shops.

Never been offered any round the bars on my last 2 or 3 trips.

Have the BIB stamped it out!