IGNORED

Chachoengsao

Braveheart

Chachoengsao is the provincial capital of Chachoengsao Province.

Get In

A 1st class bus service connects Chachoengsao directly with Suvarnabhumi Airport (the new BKK).

Get Around

Wat Sothon; reputed to be the largest Wat in the world. Thousands of Thai people flock to Chachoengsao every week to pay their respects. The bulk of the visitors arrive by special buses each weekend, and the market opposite the Wat flourishes. Early in the mornings, the area is transformed into a huge talad (market) to support the throngs of visitors to the temple, trading in food, refreshments and souvenirs. By nightfall, it magically disappears, leaving no trace of having existed. In the following early morning hours it appears again as though magic, and throngs of vendors prepare once again for the onslaught of tourists.

Extracted from Wikipedia: Chachoengsao

• 2 months later...
Chachoengsao is the provincial capital of Chachoengsao Province.

Get In

A 1st class bus service connects Chachoengsao directly with Suvarnabhumi Airport (the new BKK).

Get Around

Wat Sothon; reputed to be the largest Wat in the world. Thousands of Thai people flock to Chachoengsao every week to pay their respects. The bulk of the visitors arrive by special buses each weekend, and the market opposite the Wat flourishes. Early in the mornings, the area is transformed into a huge talad (market) to support the throngs of visitors to the temple, trading in food, refreshments and souvenirs. By nightfall, it magically disappears, leaving no trace of having existed. In the following early morning hours it appears again as though magic, and throngs of vendors prepare once again for the onslaught of tourists.

Extracted from Wikipedia: Chachoengsao

quite correct about the number of visitors to wat sothon...it is very very busy every weekend...

a pleasent city to visit...but please dont expect anything like Patong or pattaya.....

they have nice river cruises along the river....and some lovely parks

• 1 year later...

I used to live here! Not a bad place,got a nice wat that attracts a lot of farangs.Night time,got a few decent western style bars and a couple of night clubs(mainy thais in there but some nice girls).Got three large supermarkets with KFC,Mc's etc...Nice little market in town centre bus sevice cheap & chearful if you know where you are going but tuk-tuks cheap & generally honest if you dont.

If you are used to living with T.G. "thai-style" you will probably thrive in this town it's got the right mix got enough thai for the T.G. but its civilised enough for a farang!.

hope this info help any questions on this place just contact me and ill tell you if i can...

• 2 years later...

In march i will go there, my GF is from Chachoengsao.

I have never been there before. But I have read a lot

about it on internet. It will be fun to go there

• 8 months later...

I've been in Chachoengsao for a few days now, definitely lots of nightclubs and pubs. Also a couple of girlie bars but they are thai-style and probably get few (if any) farang customers. It's close proximity to Pattaya is both good and bad. About 1-2 hrs depending on which bus or van service you take.