IGNORED

Popular American Expat Shot Dead in AC

pattayafilms

Those of us who visit Angeles City may be interested to know a well known character around town and a frequent poster on Angeles boards was gunned down today. Some guys may recognize him from bar hopping down Fields Av.

Shot 3 times in the back of the head and 3 times in the back, it would appear this was a planned hit.

Currently all over the AC boards.

AC monger murdered

Sad story but always keep low profile when dealing with the maffia , RIP .

Posted on 19-12-2010 ??

Do they know for what reason he was killed, just a robbery or was he a Mr big of crime, did he get involved in an argument or just some innocent bloke in the wrong place?

Do they know for what reason he was killed, just a robbery or was he a Mr big of crime, did he get involved in an argument or just some innocent bloke in the wrong place?

He had a falling out with a business partner and a public row with him over on the Angeles boards

He recently got a new girlfriend.

Thats all they've got to go on.

It could happen in Pattaya, but anyone who has visited AC knows that gun culture and poverty give the place a different edge.

In my professional experience, a murder with this many shots is either professional, or very personal......and Im leaning towards the personal. 3 shots to the head and 3 shots to the back is a bit much for a pro.

Never trust anything that can bleed for 5-7 days and still live!!

Life is not the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/28.jpg&text=Until%20I%20am%20balls%20deep%20in%20some%20Thai%20pussy%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=0&day=28&hour=19&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

In my professional experience, a murder with this many shots is either professional, or very personal......and Im leaning towards the personal. 3 shots to the head and 3 shots to the back is a bit much for a pro.

I agree. My guess is someone wanted him dead and hired a local thug. Most likely he came behind him and shot 3 in the back. Then, popped in 3 in the head.

If they really wanted to know who did it, it wouldn't take that long to find out.

A newspaper report would be nice, rather than a random web page! I'm half expecting the guy to post on the topic.

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

He was riding his motor bike to a meeting he had with a business partner of his, and was shot in the back. tons of seculating on what happen..i was chatting with him,about his trip to subic a couple of hours before he left his house. It was huge shock to the AC monger community...just posted an excellent trip report on his Palawan trip..1 hour before he was shot. Name was Billy Miller, if anyone knew him..work with the Eruptions bar last year,as well as the Golden Garter club. He had some issues with a former business partner, that ran Willy pigs resturaunt. If you check out PI@Night website..you can see all the traffic of this falling out...so much bashing..it forced one BM..Willy of Willy restaraunt to be banned from the forum board. I suspect a connection with that fallout. In AC..or the Philippines ofr that matter...if you want someone gone...5000 pesos(around $100usd) can make it happen. One of the fears of living in a third world country. Poster was named Amarillo Del Sol of PI@night.

MavSig2.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=3&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xffffff&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT -09:00) Alaska&

&event_time=year:2011;month:4;day:15;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&event_bg_image=-&

&bg_image=-&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=Mavic's Cherry trip&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

No newspaper articles as yet, only online Angeles info sites

Angelescity.com

You'd need to be a member to read much of the stuff on the piatnight boards. Here's an extract

From a friend

"i last saw billy wednesday morning as i was at the petron station there on perimeter filling up. he had just dropped off melissa, so she could get ready for work and was cutting through the station. he stopped and chatted a bit to wish me well, as i was off to manila to get the keys to my new apartment. the plan was to spend the weekend then come back next week to get all my stuff. billy had the new truck finally being delivered and he offered to help me move. billy sometimes had a temper, but it was over and forgotten 5 minutes later. he was always there to help a friend. in fact, billy is the reason i am in the Philippines now.

after losing my job in korea due to the company going out of business and stranding all the foreigners (refusing to pay for our flights home per the contract), i was introduced to billy via facebook by my cousin, billy's former co-worker in korea. i was in manila at the time on a visa run, and billy invited me up to visit AC. i actually had never heard of AC. i spent a couple of days with him bar hopping, and then went back to korea for a month or so. i didn't really want to sign a new contract to work another 12 months in korea, so billy invited me to come to the Philippines and stay in one of his 3 bedrooms--rent free--until i found another job. i ended up staying there (yes, eventually paying rent) for about 4 months.

i went to an internet cafe in manila this morning to do some work and chatted with billy for a bit on facebook. he asked about the new apartment, gave me some advice on questions i had and told me that he was off to subic today to pick up his new truck. he was excited as he had been waiting on that truck to clear customs or whatever government holding issue for several months. he then told me about several girls he had been short-timing lately and one in particular who actually gives him money coz he cries "poor and unemployed". i called him a prostitute...he replied with "man whore," the last words i would ever receive from him.

i cannot tell u how shocked i was when i got the call. i was standing in line at a taxi stand at the shangri-la mall in ortigas and since it is almost xmas, i had been waiting there for about 40 minutes. feeling quite bored, i decided to text billy to see if he knew anybody wanting to buy my aircon unit since i don't need it at the new condo. i got a call back from billy's number. a bit odd, i thought, since billy usually just texts back. i answered it only to hear a pinoy telling me that he was a police officer and asking me who i am. that seemed REALLY odd, so instead i asked who he is and if there is something wrong. he asked me what is the name of the person who's phone he was using. i started wondering if billy had been in an accident on the way to subic or something. after he identified himself as major somebody (it was really hard to hear with the noise and im not good with the pinoy accent over the phone) from station 3 angeles city, i gave him billy's name. i asked again if there was something wrong, and he replied, "is there something wrong? ur friend is dead." nothing like breaking it gently. i knew it had to be true because billy would never joke that way. still, i was hoping i was wrong and that this was some bullshit scam. i texted nighthawk, las vegas lites, sammm, and everybody else i know who knew billy. i could not understand the details the officer was saying, other than billy was shot and killed. something about motorcycles. and that billy did not have any id on him that was why the officer was asking his name. to confirm the name of the cell phone owner with the name on the registration. i tried to get information about where it had happened, trying to determine if it was close to subic and perhaps related to the truck pick up, or close to angeles and thus possibly related to something else, but since i don't know the area that well, whatever the officer replied it was not a name i recognized. eventually, i got a text back from nighthawk saying he had confirmed through other sources that it was true.

it is surreal to have a conversation with someone and 3 hours later get a call from the police saying the person had been murdered. add to that the circumstances of his death, it is just too much to imagine. i think i am still in shock. i have theories...but as others have said. now and here is not the place. it is especially sad that this happened at this time of year. billy loved xmas. it was xmas eve last year when i arrived in AC. i'm sure las vegas lites will remember the xmas party we had a billy's house. hahaha. i awoke xmas morning after having known billy a total of 4 weeks, and nearly all of it via facebook, to find a christmas stocking with my name on it, stuffed with candy and other goodies, plus a couple of gifts under the tree. totally unexpected--and totally billy.

for my roommate and my friend, i hope there is justice, and i hope justice is harsh. "

From eruption bar

"Billy worked for my bar group up until approx. 2 months ago. I saw Billy almost daily and during that period of time at the start of Willy Pig's and also after the closure. While I had no part in the Willy Pig's venture, I did speak a number of times with Billy about it. By Billy's own words, the amount of money he invested was not significant. While he felt he had been done in the deal and may have lacked respect for some involved, I never heard him suggest he was on a vendetta over the issue. At least such to warrant his being killed. There were other investors, having invested much greater sums, much more upset with Nick, than was Billy. Further, none of the other investors considered Billy as anything more than one of the victims. The eventual failure of Willy Pig's became nothing more than a money losing business that lost investor support, thus it closed. Again nothing Billy did specifically, except to stop contributions, as did everyone else involved once they learned the shares had been greatly over-sold. Its very hard for me to believe a dead issue such as Willy Pig's was the reason, and would hate to see the killers get away due to such speculation or a wrong focus.

For the average guy, to put six bullets into a close pattern on the back and head of a target, especially if the target is moving, requires some degree of skill and practice. While travelling over one of these roads, on the back of a motorcycle, very hard to believe it was rugby boys out of squatters ville. Like many, I also believe that this was a planned hit, maybe the motive was robbery, love interests or some type of business deal. But from what we have all read and seem to understand, someone with criminal skill wanted him dead, and seemed to accomplish it very efficiently.

While the local officials may lack the ambition or ability to pursue criminals, they do not like bad publicity. This is very bad publicity, Billy was well known, even outside of the Philippines. If anyone has any insight into what Billy was involved in recently, any information, you should contact the police. "

From friend again

"my day...

woke up and went by billy's house to see if anyone was there. no answer, so i walked across the street to the neighbor's house who happens to be one of the 3 guys that were with billy's gf at station 3 last night. i won't post names because i have not asked their permission to do so. at least one of them is a board member, and i don't want to reveal any private info without permission. anyway...the neighbor told me that the autopsy revealed 5 shots (this is later contradicted by police, see below): 1 to the back, 2 to the chest, 1 below the chin, and 1 to the side of the head. the neighbor also mentioned that the police initially thought a .38 was used, but found 3 9mm shells at the site. i mentioned the story about the 2 guys getting stopped with a .38, so the neighbor called billy's business partner (BBP) who was one of the guys at the station last night who was at that time at the funeral home with melissa (billy's gf). BBP stated that the autopsy determined that it was a 9mm for all wounds. since at least 2 shells are missing, one can speculate whether another gun (a .38) was also used for some of the shots and whether the coroner was just lazy and said 9mm coz those are the shells that were found. the other possibility is that billy was able to ride for at least some distance after being hit the first couple of times before finally succumbing. the neighbor also informed me that melissa's aunt had spoken to a bartender at one of the fields bars (i won't say which to protect his identity) who witnessed the event. not much of a witness, as all he could say was that it was 2 guys wearing helmets and driving a black TMX.

i left the neighbors and went to find BBP at the funeral home. when i arrived, however, no one i knew was there. i walked in and asked "william miller?" i expected them to take me to an area where everyone was waiting around, perhaps viewing the body (which is not something i wanted to do). instead the guy hops up leads me around a corner and opens the embalming room. i told him i did NOT want to view the body, and he shut the door. i did see more than i wanted to, however, approximately from the waist down. it sickened me to see the pale white legs sticking out from under a dark towel, as billy's body lie there on the table. i asked why he was still lying there, and i was told that it was billy's wish to be cremated, and that they were just waiting on the necessary paperwork--a couple of days only, sir.

BBP and melissa were not there, and i was told that they had gone back to the house. i drove to the house, but since they were not there, i rode over to station 3. i arrived at st3 about 12, but none of the 3 officer to whom i spoke had any clue there was even a murder. one officer replied, "oh. i didn't work yesterday." i was told to return at 2 when major castro would be there...so i did. i do have to say that maj. castro seems to care about this case. he was happy to talk to me and to learn as much as he could about the case. he didn't really talk about any particular suspects, but i can tell u this....

he has never once thought this was anything but a murder for hire. as he said, in a robbery, u don't shoot someone in the head, and u certainly don't shoot them 6 times (this is the discrepancy. maj castro told me 6 shots, 3 to the back and 3 to the back of the head. perhaps he has not read the autopsy report). further proof that this was no simple "opportunity attack" is that the only thing missing was billy's wallet--assuming he even was carrying a wallet (i can't recall if he usually does or not). maj. castro thinks this was just a ruse to make it appear to be robbery related. he doesn't buy it. first, there is the issue of the number and placement of the shots. additionally, they did not take billy's watch, his cell phone, the cash in his front pocket, OR his motorcycle. if it were a robbery, they would have taken everything--especially the motorcycle.

it seems billy was on the way to meet BBP at the furniture factory in san fernando and was taking a short cut near the coca-cola & pepsi bottling plants. according to the neighbor, this was not the route that BBP had shown billy. i do not know how many times he had traveled that route. i met today with a girl who billy was hiring to go work in the china plant and her former policeman bf. they both mentioned the danger of that area, saying that it is commonly used as a place to dump bodies out in the watermelon fields. obviously, billy was not aware of this. they also balked at the idea that 10k could buy a hit. they say maybe it used to be that price, but it would be around 100k, probably more for a foreigner. are there recent reports of 10k being the price, or has the "general knowledge" just been 10k for so long that perhaps it is out of touch with reality? 100k would be a much easier money trail to follow than 10k.

maj. castro theorizes that the 2 culprits followed billy from his subdivision and approached him from behind. after the first shot to the back billy was able to continue for a ways, then.........as described in another post above. they are looking at all personal and business relationships. they are aware of the willie pigs saga, including the november 26th, email from nick that billy posted here (search for "willie" and read the thread starting with "wow") and the fact that billy and the other partners were suing nick. maj. castro even mentioned nick's arrest a couple of weeks ago for "abuse of a woman, his wife" (i took that to mean spousal abuse).

he is not solely focused on the willie pigs issue, however, and seeks any information others can provide.

another note: the former policeman bf of the pinay i met today said that the best way to keep this investigation going is to have people keep going by station 3 and asking about. the more people that show interest--and a continued interest--the more likely the case will be solved. if we can get people to speak to the mayor and to drop by station 3 every couple of days to check on the progress, it will keep the case fresh in their minds.

btw...no news yet on a service/memorial for billy after the cremation. BBP is handling everything and i'm not in contact with him. but, as soon as i find out anything, i will let u know. "

He had a falling out with a business partner and a public row with him over on the Angeles boards

He recently got a new girlfriend.

Thats all they've got to go on.

It could happen in Pattaya, but anyone who has visited AC knows that gun culture and poverty give the place a different edge.

People write too much shit on angeles boards(about other race,bars,bar owners,girls,police,pinoys and price etc..). I know that we feel safe and free to write about things we can't or want to say in person. But some times it catchs up with you.

Everyone knows every thing and everyone is always right on some of those boards. And if you disagree,it's all out war of words. But as we know sometimes war of words turns into real thing. Remember you never know who your talking to or who's reading what you wrote.

I'm not saying that this is what happen in this case. But I just wanted all of us to be very careful about things we say and write.

Edited by Blackdragon

With a heavy heart, I am proud to say I was a good personal friend of William Miller Jr., better known as Billy (AKA Amarillo Del Sol on the message boards) to his friends. I spoke with him an hour or so before this horrible tragedy. Billy just got back from a trip to Palawan and was very upbeat. He was on his way down to Subic Bay to pick up a truck he had been waiting to clear customs for months. We were discussing several business plans having to do with furniture manufacturing and prefabricated housing projects. He was set to MC our annual Christmas Buffet at Tequila Reef in Angeles City as he normally did for our monthly buffets.

Upon hearing of the news, I personally went to the funeral parlor to pay my final respects to a dear friend and will be going to his memorial service on Wednesday as he is being cremated.

For those who knew Billy personally, he was the most positive and uplifting soul you would ever want to know. He will be sorely missed by the local expat community in Angeles City as he left an indelible mark on everybody he touched.

There is much speculation about why this has happened but at this time I don't care to comment, as I personally know most everybody and the facts surrounding this horrific tragedy. Let's just say it's best to keep a low profile. RIP my dear friend, Billy. You will never be forgotten. For further insight, please go to Philippines Addicts - http://www.philippines-addicts.com/forum/topic/1600-rest-in-peace-william-miller-jr/

Out of respect for my friend Billy, I would ask the Admins or Moderators to change this topic title to read "Popular American Expat Shot Dead in AC" or anything you feel more appropriate. Thanks...

Edited by tequilareef

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Yes, that is true BlackDargon. The pen is mightier than the sword. IMHO it is not good to offend anyone.

However it is good to be open minded and respect others opinion & cultures.

I would really urge everyone to read Billy's last trip report he was about to post on Philippines Addicts - http://www.philippines-addicts.com/forum/topic/1605-amarillo-del-sol-does-palawan/

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

An excellent trip report on palawan..took alot of time in doing the TR...with pictures...who would have thought a hour after posting it would be his last. Last Dec and this Dec...very bad news we recieved of buddies passing away...you never know!!

MavSig2.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_3.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=3&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xffffff&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT -09:00) Alaska&

&event_time=year:2011;month:4;day:15;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&event_bg_image=-&

&bg_image=-&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=Mavic's Cherry trip&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

RIP.

Poor guy.

I have some first hand experince of helping pick up the peices after a close friend lost her husband to gun crime in the phillipines.

I feel for all those involved. Losing a friend or family member like this is just terrible.

I don't know enough to comment about this poor guy, but in general the combination of the fillipina temper and extreme poverty/gun culture can cause situations to needlessly and rapidly get out of control.

An excellent trip report on palawan..took alot of time in doing the TR...with pictures...who would have thought a hour after posting it would be his last. Last Dec and this Dec...very bad news we recieved of buddies passing away...you never know!!

The time it took to put together Billy's last report was the least I could do for a true friend. Thanks for the read! RIP Billy and may your trip report inspire others to visit Palawan and see it as you did.

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

• 6 months later...