IGNORED

Chaba Hut Resort

Hoff

Nice review Hoff, thanks

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Nice review Hoff, thanks

:Greetings9:

Thanks PLP I really enjoyed staying at the Chaba Hut and booked a room again for my next stay even before I left Patts! My accomadation in the new block was spot on and I loved the location bang on Soi Boakhoaw but set back off the road and quiet (like an oasis)! The staff were great and Da the manager was very helpful and a good laugh and always happy can't wait to get back! Thanks goes to my tirak for checking it out and my good friend go-go dog for recommending it!

I will be posting some more pics of the "Hut" soon so watch this space and if anyone needs some more info on the "Hut" please do not hesistate to ask me!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister missing my lovely tirak, Patts and the"Hut" :Circle_Sharks:

PC150154.JPG

PC150153.JPG

PC150170.JPG

PC150156.JPG

PC150167.JPG

I have now booked three nights in March. New wing and 1200 baht a night. Will write a short review when I get home again.

What is the best baht bus route from WS to Chaba?

I have now booked three nights in March. New wing and 1200 baht a night. Will write a short review when I get home again.

What is the best baht bus route from WS to Chaba?

izzyg,

Most times I used to get a scooter taxi back with my tirak via 2nd rd and Soi Honey right to the "Huts" doorstep, but you can walk to South Pattaya road cross the road to the side with the temple and get in a baht bus but ask the driver if he is going to Soi Boakaow some go straight to 3rd! To get to WS from the Chaba Hut is easier catch a baht bus right outside the "Hut" that takes you to South Pattaya rd hopefully the bus will turn right most do the bus will stop at the 2nd crossroad and walk down to WS "simples"!

Hope this helps!

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

I was in email contact with Chaba hut and they want me to pay deposit to confirm my booking, 2 rooms for 8 nights in April, deposit 2000baht.

This is the message they sent me:

"Please send 2,000 baht by western union on name Mr.Kitsada Pientumdee. i want give you room number for sure"

That's all, no more details about any account number etc.

Have any of you paid deposit and where/how you actually paid it, I'm confused with that message..

I was in email contact with Chaba hut and they want me to pay deposit to confirm my booking, 2 rooms for 8 nights in April, deposit 2000baht.

This is the message they sent me:

"Please send 2,000 baht by western union on name Mr.Kitsada Pientumdee. i want give you room number for sure"

That's all, no more details about any account number etc.

Have any of you paid deposit and where/how you actually paid it, I'm confused with that message..

Hi Jake,

I paid a deposit by bank transfer but I had been given the account details, you must ask the Managera Mr Da for their bank details they still maybe on the Chaba Hut Website! The deposit was refunded in full at the end of the stay.

I know it sounds like a hassle but it is worth it I will PM you!

....................and my good friend go-go dog for recommending it!

Lol - among others then.

Hiya,

Yeh that's the one I meant. What did I say - Jaba Hut?

Only it's Chaba Hut Resort not Chuba. :001_Thank_You5:

I haven't stayed there but I had an apartment on the edge of the resort and, for being more or less straight out onto Soi Buakhow, it looked pretty quiet and a nice place to be. Their wi-fi seemed pretty good too - until they put the security on lol.

They looked to be doing some renovations 2-3 years ago so you need an up to date report.

Have you found their website HERE - it looks like rates start at 700 baht Apartment/ 1000 baht Studio (and up). For a longish stay I expect you could get a deal, but nothing beats being on the ground and standing in reception.

Maybe get DP or Bagel to check it out for you - they're nearly next door and could check the rooms and do a deal for you?

Anyways, damn fine report and I imagine you've done them a lot of good - looks a lot nicer than it did over the back 'fence' but they were doing it up back then.

Lol - among others then.

Anyways, damn fine report and I imagine you've done them a lot of good - looks a lot nicer than it did over the back 'fence' but they were doing it up back then.

Hi mate sorry forgot you had a look for me, hwere I stayed in the new block overlooking the pool was brilliant and suited me fine!

Hoffmeister "missing my tirak and the Chaba Hut like mad" :Circle_Sharks:

• 2 weeks later...

izzyg,

Most times I used to get a scooter taxi back with my tirak via 2nd rd and Soi Honey right to the "Huts" doorstep, but you can walk to South Pattaya road cross the road to the side with the temple and get in a baht bus but ask the driver if he is going to Soi Boakaow some go straight to 3rd! To get to WS from the Chaba Hut is easier catch a baht bus right outside the "Hut" that takes you to South Pattaya rd hopefully the bus will turn right most do the bus will stop at the 2nd crossroad and walk down to WS "simples"!

Thanks for the info! A motorcycle taxi is not an option for me (prefer being alive), but it looks on the map like there is a soi linking Second road and Soi Boakow right across the hotel. Do you think it is ok to walk that soi at night or shoud that be avoided?

Thanks for the info! A motorcycle taxi is not an option for me (prefer being alive), but it looks on the map like there is a soi linking Second road and Soi Boakow right across the hotel. Do you think it is ok to walk that soi at night or shoud that be avoided?

izzyg i think i know the Soi you are talking about it is the one along side the beer complex where Bobby's Bar is juto the right of Chaba Hut. I would not recommend it because it is not well lit and looks a bit dodgy. Best bet is to as you come out of the Hut is to turn left walk passed pooks bar cross the road and go down Soi Honey (busier and well lit) to 2nd road!

Hope this helps!

You have found a little Oasis there, Hoff. Thanks for all the info on this place and the excellent pics. Cheers :Chokdee:

• 4 weeks later...

Fellow BM's,

Just confirmed my end of Nov til end of Feb 2012 room booking and Da the manager is willing to negotiate prices for long stays over 3 to 4 weeks, I got a good deal last Dec/Jan for 8+ weeks for 24,000bht per month for a room in the new block with balcony overlooking the swimming pool!

I got an even better deal this time per month (under £14 per day). The rooms in the new block are great and serviced every 2 days but there are cheaper rooms to be had! Mention Mr Andy to Da and he might offer a better discount obviously the longer you stay the better rate you will get!

The Chaba Hut is a great oasis in a superb location right on Soi Buakhow (by Bobby's Bar Too but just tucked off the road so you do not get the traffic or bar noises I will not stay anywhere else give it a try you won't be disappointed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow BM's I thought it was about time for an up-dated review of the Chaba Hut Resort, hopefully this will be an "on-going and live" review and I will add new pics of the different types of accomodation when I can get in them to take pics!

I am staying at the Chaba Hut Resort from 29th November 2010 till 1st February 2011 (2 months)!

The location is on Soi Boakhow just north of the Winner Inn (same side of road) but the main accomodation is set back from the road and is suprisingly very quiet and secluded and this is where the swimming pool and reception/bar is located. Being on Soi Boakow there is every facility you could want and more!

The quality and costs of the different types of accomodation vary alot so make sure you book the one you want!

The best quality rooms are the Junior Suites which are located in the tropical landscaped gardens and they have the biggest rooms.

The rooms in the "New Block" with the best rooms overlooking the swimming pool these rooms have a balcony.

The "Pink Studios" are located in small blocks and are dotted around the back end of the site, but from the outside these look dated and in need of refurbishment (have not seen inside yet)!

The cheapest and it seems suffer from traffic noise are the "Pink Apartments" which are located in front of the site with some rooms overlooking Soi boakow and again I have not yet seen these rooms but from the outside they do look abit "shabby" and small with no balconies etc!

The "HUTS" which there are two of is a tradional "Thai design" whose accomodation is located on 2 floors with the bedroom on the first level (accessed from an exterior staicase) in other words seperate from the lounge, kitchen and bathroom which would not be my first choice of accomodation!

As mentioned my room is in the "New Block" overlooking the swimming pool, the room is spacious, light and airy and modern with a seperate shower/toilet/handbasin and also includes a balcony accessed through two big sliding glazed doors which overlooks the swimming pool. The room has a good aircon unit and a big sized bed, big fridge, sat TV/CD player and plenty of wardrobe space (room serviced every day). The rooms on the back of the "New Block" have no balcony and a wall has a view! The access into the "New Block" during the night is with a key card which on the room keyfob (if you lose your key it will cost you 3000bht)!

The Chaba Hut has a night watchman and 24 hour reception so if you need help there is no problem!

Other amminities are a swimming pool bar, resteraunt (basic but good)and scooter hire available through reception!

My present overall impression is it a great place to stay for the price(have been to more expensive hotels which are not as good), the location is brilliant and the service is secontd to none from "Da" and his staff!

I have included some pics of the exterior and my room in the "New Block" and the last 2 pics are of the exterior of the "Pink Apartments" and looking towards Soi Boakow! I will add more of different accomodation when I can so watch this space!

thanks for posting,looks very nice and its worth a look at.CHeers.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I'm staying at Chaba Hut right now and can confirm everything Hoff wrote. I didnt get a discount but as I'll only be here a few days I didn't ask or expect 1.

I'm in a room overlooking the pool with a nice balcony. It looks, sounds and feels like staying in a secluded resort when in fact you are 100ft from the hustle and bustle of soi bukao.

The wifi doesn't reach my room very well and that is the only fault i can find with the place. Slightly better on the balcony and perfect strength around the pool.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying at Chaba Hut right now and can confirm everything Hoff wrote. I didnt get a discount but as I'll only be here a few days I didn't ask or expect 1.

I'm in a room overlooking the pool with a nice balcony. It looks, sounds and feels like staying in a secluded resort when in fact you are 100ft from the hustle and bustle of soi bukao.

The wifi doesn't reach my room very well and that is the only fault i can find with the place. Slightly better on the balcony and perfect strength around the pool.

I stayed there 8 nights, yesterday got back home. Had room facing swimming pool. Good hotel, no complaints, paid 1000 per night. Or one little complaint, room doors not so good and people coming and going makes quite a big sound. Overall, very nice hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I'm going back to LOS in september with three friends of mine and I sent email to Chaba hut and asked what room rate they can offer if we book 4 rooms from Chaba view (the new building). They told 1200baht including breakfast. During Songkan it was 1000baht without breakfast.

Have any of you guys had breakfast in this hotel?

Is it any good and what time do they stop serving breakfast?

Looks like I'm going back to LOS in september with three friends of mine and I sent email to Chaba hut and asked what room rate they can offer if we book 4 rooms from Chaba view (the new building). They told 1200baht including breakfast. During Songkan it was 1000baht without breakfast.

Have any of you guys had breakfast in this hotel?

Is it any good and what time do they stop serving breakfast?

I paid 1100 a night without breakfast during Songkran but only stayed there a week or so. I thought 1200 baht was their standard rate, no discount!

I never had breakfast there as I never wake up in the am when in Thailand. That said I doubt there is any breakfast in Pattaya worth 200 baht. Canterbury Tales cafe does a good one for 90 baht!

RULES

1NQq.gif

I paid 1100 a night without breakfast during Songkran but only stayed there a week or so. I thought 1200 baht was their standard rate, no discount!

I never had breakfast there as I never wake up in the am when in Thailand. That said I doubt there is any breakfast in Pattaya worth 200 baht. Canterbury Tales cafe does a good one for 90 baht!

They emailed again and told 1100baht without breakfast.

Btw, 1500 is standard price for chaba view rooms according to their website.

You're right, they must have changed their website and prices recently. How long are you staying for, I'd mail them back and offer them 1000 baht a night if it is for 2 weeks or longer.

RULES

1NQq.gif

staying there next month, 1000 b without breakfast in the new build with balcony..

thanks for the report hoff you was a big help...

Cheers to the Hoff and the others with the information about the Hut.

Thinking about staying there when I next visit in October and it has given good food for thoughts

Wil

You're right, they must have changed their website and prices recently. How long are you staying for, I'd mail them back and offer them 1000 baht a night if it is for 2 weeks or longer.

Maybe I email them back, but not yet because me and my friends don't know yet how long we are going to stay there...

Maybe I email them back, but not yet because me and my friends don't know yet how long we are going to stay there...

I just noticed your earlier post where you paid 1000 for 8 nights whilst I paid 1100 for 10. The discount pricing does seem a bit hit and miss, depending on who you talk to or time of day etc lol. I'n your next e mail you could remind them you only paid 1100 before.

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 6 months later...

Hi fellow BM's I wil be staying at the "Hut" again from 26th Dec 2011 for a month so will be up-dating this thread, please add your own comments if you have stayed there or if you have any questions about the hut please ask in this thread or PM me!

Hoffmiester :Circle_Sharks: