Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Chaba Hut Resort

Hoff

:Greetings9:

Hi fellow BM's I thought it was about time for an up-dated review of the Chaba Hut Resort, hopefully this will be an "on-going and live" review and I will add new pics of the different types of accomodation when I can get in them to take pics!

I am staying at the Chaba Hut Resort from 29th November 2010 till 1st February 2011 (2 months)!

The location is on Soi Boakhow just north of the Winner Inn (same side of road) but the main accomodation is set back from the road and is suprisingly very quiet and secluded and this is where the swimming pool and reception/bar is located. Being on Soi Boakow there is every facility you could want and more!

The quality and costs of the different types of accomodation vary alot so make sure you book the one you want!

The best quality rooms are the Junior Suites which are located in the tropical landscaped gardens and they have the biggest rooms.

The rooms in the "New Block" with the best rooms overlooking the swimming pool these rooms have a balcony.

The "Pink Studios" are located in small blocks and are dotted around the back end of the site, but from the outside these look dated and in need of refurbishment (have not seen inside yet)!

The cheapest and it seems suffer from traffic noise are the "Pink Apartments" which are located in front of the site with some rooms overlooking Soi boakow and again I have not yet seen these rooms but from the outside they do look abit "shabby" and small with no balconies etc!

The "HUTS" which there are two of is a tradional "Thai design" whose accomodation is located on 2 floors with the bedroom on the first level (accessed from an exterior staicase) in other words seperate from the lounge, kitchen and bathroom which would not be my first choice of accomodation!

As mentioned my room is in the "New Block" overlooking the swimming pool, the room is spacious, light and airy and modern with a seperate shower/toilet/handbasin and also includes a balcony accessed through two big sliding glazed doors which overlooks the swimming pool. The room has a good aircon unit and a big sized bed, big fridge, sat TV/CD player and plenty of wardrobe space (room serviced every day). The rooms on the back of the "New Block" have no balcony and a wall has a view! The access into the "New Block" during the night is with a key card which on the room keyfob (if you lose your key it will cost you 3000bht)!

The Chaba Hut has a night watchman and 24 hour reception so if you need help there is no problem!

Other amminities are a swimming pool bar, resteraunt (basic but good)and scooter hire available through reception!

My present overall impression is it a great place to stay for the price(have been to more expensive hotels which are not as good), the location is brilliant and the service is secontd to none from "Da" and his staff!

I have included some pics of the exterior and my room in the "New Block" and the last 2 pics are of the exterior of the "Pink Apartments" and looking towards Soi Boakow! I will add more of different accomodation when I can so watch this space!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

PC150154.JPG

PC150153.JPG

PC150159.JPG

PC150160.JPG

PC150161.JPG

PC150162.JPG

PC150163.JPG

PC150164.JPG

PC150165.JPG

PC150166.JPG

PC150167.JPG

PC150171.JPG

PC150172.JPG

PC150152.JPG

PC140133.JPG

PC140130.JPG

PC140132.JPG

PC140131.JPG

PB300067.JPG

PC150168.JPG

PC150169.JPG

PC150170.JPG

PC150156.JPG

PC150155.JPG

How much you pay for that room?

1000 per night?

Or did you get discount for staying such a long period of time?

Was there a working internet connection in the new wing?

Edited by Jake74

How much you pay for that room?

1000 per night?

Or did you get discount for staying such a long period of time?

Was there a working internet connection in the new wing?

Jake,

Special deal for long stay 840bht per night, the wifi connection in new block not so good so went to reception or sat around swimmingt pool!

Hope the above helps!

:GoldenSmile1:

Setting looks tropical-certainly wouldn't think it was off Soi Buakhow!

Room,whilst not spacious,looks fine,especially with balcony.

Swimming pool and grounds look really nice area to relax during heat of the day-good find!

Thanks Hoff, great overview.

I'm still a bit confused... their website shows Huts, Junior Suites, Pink Studios and Pink Appartments. I can't really match the description of your room in the "new block" to any of them. That means they have another type of accommodation that's not on their website?

Can you confirm pls?

While I'm at it: they keep the ladie's ID card? Do the rooms have a safe?

Thanks much.

Nice find...high season at that rate...I am comparing it in my head to the PBR and it seems pretty good vs. 1400baht at PBR...and a much bigger pool.

Thanks for sharing...I will definitely consider it if I come during high season...good location, nice loom/amenities...at a great rate (under 1000B).

But I still like the PBR 999bhat/7th night free deal for off-season...simply cant be beat...but who knows how long they will keep that one in place.

Cheers, alex

PS...HOW CLOSE IS THIS TO SOI DIANA / LK Metro?

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

I'm still a bit confused... their website shows Huts, Junior Suites, Pink Studios and Pink Appartments. I can't really match the description of your room in the "new block" to any of them. That means they have another type of accommodation that's not on their website?

Can you confirm pls?

Thanks much.

They haven't updated their webpage, that's why new building in not there.

Don't know about safety or ID issue.

Can you confirm pls?

Thanks much.

momomo,

The rooms in the "new block" have a safe in them, I have just asked reception and they have said that all rooms have safes in them and yes they do keep the ladie's ID cards for clients safety etc!

Like Jake said the website does not show the "new block" or pictures of the rooms but I will include some more pics of it in next post!

Hope this helps!

Nice find...high season at that rate...I am comparing it in my head to the PBR and it seems pretty good vs. 1400baht at PBR...and a much bigger pool.

Thanks for sharing...I will definitely consider it if I come during high season...good location, nice loom/amenities...at a great rate (under 1000B).

But I still like the PBR 999bhat/7th night free deal for off-season...simply cant be beat...but who knows how long they will keep that one in place.

Cheers, alex

PS...HOW CLOSE IS THIS TO SOI DIANA / LK METRO?

Hi Alex,

I would recommend the Chaba Hut for it's great location, it is about 5 mins walk if that to LK Metro/Soi Diana I walk there every nite LOL! If you want good rooms I would steer clear of the "Pink Apartments" which are located at the front of the site on Soi Boakow, some rooms have a balcony which overlook the road which are noisy and the back rooms have no balcony, I will try and get a few pics of these rooms!

How do you pay for your reservation? Chaba is not on Agoda and lists some Thai bank account number on their site.

izzyg,

I know it cost me alot but I paid the deposit by money transfer through my bank, it was the only way I could do it due to living in a UK off-shore finacial centre! You can pay by Western Union etcthough!

Hope this helps?

Hi Hoffmeister!

I am Jani from Budapest, Hungary. I am coming to Chaba Hut on 14th of January until 30th of January.

Please do me a favour. I guess 10th photo shows a junior suite I have stayed in last year. Can you tell me what is its number? I want to make sure to get that again so I need to know the its number.

Hi: Jani, the magyar

izzyg,

I know it cost me alot but I paid the deposit by money transfer through my bank, it was the only way I could do it due to living in a UK off-shore finacial centre! You can pay by Western Union etcthough!

Hope this helps?

Are you sure you have to make any payment upfront?

Haven't stayed at Chaba. But atleast these Flipper house hotel and Sabai lodge did not ask any payment upfront. Just emailed them, asked price for room, got discount, I said OK I take it, they said booking confirmed, and I paid when I arrived to hotel.

Hi Hoffmeister!

I am Jani from Budapest, Hungary. I am coming to Chaba Hut on 14th of January until 30th of January.

Please do me a favour. I guess 10th photo shows a junior suite I have stayed in last year. Can you tell me what is its number? I want to make sure to get that again so I need to know the its number.

Hi: Jani, the magyar

Jani,

There are 3 Junior Suites close to the swimming pool which are: 302/303/304, the best one I think is 304 which is to the right looking from the swimming pool!

Took some pics first one is 304 followed by 302 could not get a pic of 303 due to people sitting outside it, hope this helps?

PC170185.JPG

PC170186.JPG

PC170187.JPG

Are you sure you have to make any payment upfront?

Haven't stayed at Chaba. But atleast these Flipper house hotel and Sabai lodge did not ask any payment upfront. Just emailed them, asked price for room, got discount, I said OK I take it, they said booking confirmed, and I paid when I arrived to hotel.

Jake74,

Yes all advanced bookings at the Chaba Hut Resort for more then one month duration require a deposit to secure the room etc!

Just confirmed it with the reception staff!

Jake74,

Yes all advanced bookings at the Chaba Hut Resort for more then one month duration require a deposit to secure the room etc!

Ok, that explains it, never stayed anywhere longer than 15days.

Jake74,

Hi Hoff, I enquired last week for a weeks rental at the end of January/ Febuary 2011 and after brief negotiations, they responded with 1300 Baht per night for a second floor room in the new wing.

Should I wait until I hit ground zero or can you help mate?

"Bucking and Rogering in the 21st century!"

Ok, then it's no problem for me. I will only stay for a week. Thanks!

Hi Hoff, I enquired last week for a weeks rental at the end of January/ Febuary 2011 and after brief negotiations, they responded with 1300 Baht per night for a second floor room in the new wing.

Should I wait until I hit ground zero or can you help mate?

Buck,

Was the quote for a room with a balcony or for one at the back of the new wing I asked this because the ones with the balconies overlook the pool and it is good to chill out on the balcony? AcefromNYC booked at the Chaba Hut on the "hoof" and it did not make any difference with discount!

I will enquire if you let me know which type of room they have quoted for?

Buck,

Was the quote for a room with a balcony or for one at the back of the new wing I asked this because the ones with the balconies overlook the pool and it is good to chill out on the balcony? AcefromNYC booked at the Chaba Hut on the "hoof" and it did not make any difference with discount!

I will enquire if you let me know which type of room they have quoted for?

Hi Hoff,

The room quoted was for a room on the second floor overlooking the pool. My dates are 27th January until 3rd febuary. Cheers

Hi Hoff,

The room quoted was for a room on the second floor overlooking the pool. My dates are 27th January until 3rd febuary. Cheers

Hi Buck,

The price you have been quoted for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool is good Acewas quoted 1500bht+ per nite LOL!

• Like 1

Hi Buck,

The price you have been quoted for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool is good Acewas quoted 1500bht+ per nite LOL!

Thanks Hoff, just confirmed my booking at the hut. See ya at the end of January.

• 1 month later...

I stayed in the new block last month and the room is spacious fresh and clean.

The only thing was the hifi system didn't work when I plugged my ipod in but that's no big deal.

The staff are friendly which is also a plus but I wouldn't stay here if you want to lie in the

sun by the pool as there's not many bed's that get it for any period of time. The rest are covered

by coconut tree's with huge fucker's about to drop (happened to a mate of mine in Samui) so it kind

of ruined it for me.