IGNORED

phone sim..

mike2228

should i buy the phone sim at the airport...or at pattaya...plus witch one to buy

buy it at the airport, there are a couple of big shops, go to the one for DTAC and get you a sim card, no problems

they are easy to top up, just buy a card from 7-11. There are instructions in English or ask a bar girl to help you... don't be one the cunts that holds up the line at 7-11 asking the cashier to type the code into your phone.

cheers.

buy it at the airport, there are a couple of big shops, go to the one for DTAC and get you a sim card, no problems

they are easy to top up, just buy a card from 7-11. There are instructions in English or ask a bar girl to help you... don't be one the cunts that holds up the line at 7-11 asking the cashier to type the code into your phone.

cheers.

thanks....DTAC the name of the shop..but i,ll look for it when i get to bangkok...can you remember the code for england!!!!

thanks....DTAC the name of the shop..but i,ll look for it when i get to bangkok...can you remember the code for england!!!!

DTAC is the operator , if you use that sim dial 00944 then miss the first 0 for UK

DTAC is the operator , if you use that sim dial 00944 then miss the first 0 for UK

thanks for that ...really handy info..i,ve got to make sure i take an unblocked phone... :001_Thank_You5:

• 2 weeks later...

When buying a Sim card in Thailand always remember to ask for an international card for both phone calls and SMS.s because they sell sim cards that only work in Thailand and you cannot contact overseas with those sim's. Also explain this to any Thai girlfriend that you hope to stay in touch with as I have had instances where they have sms's me and the message shows that it has gone through but has not been received by me. However on reverting to using e mails I was able to explain this to them and they got an international sim and were back in touch.

When buying a Sim card in Thailand always remember to ask for an international card for both phone calls and SMS.s because they sell sim cards that only work in Thailand and you cannot contact overseas with those sim's. Also explain this to any Thai girlfriend that you hope to stay in touch with as I have had instances where they have sms's me and the message shows that it has gone through but has not been received by me. However on reverting to using e mails I was able to explain this to them and they got an international sim and were back in touch.

As mentioned, it is easy to buy a SIM card and air time for regular phone and/or data packages for a smartphone at the airport. The various providers have kiosks right after you exit the customs area. The area where you meet a reserved taxis and driver is on that floor by gate/exit 3 and the phone dealers are all located before you get to that exit. I belive drivers are not allowed to come further up the way towards the customs exit so you will pass the phone dealers first and have time to stop. Only takes a couple of minutes and price is the same as elsewhere and not expensive in any event. Also good to have an old phone as a second phone and you can put your other SIM card in it for backup and to receive calls or messages from people who only have that number. A tip is to first save your phone directory onto the SIM card as well as the phone data card so that when you move your foreign SIM card it has all the numbers imbedded for use in the back up phone. I leave the back up phone in the hotel safe and check once a day to see if I have any messages or missed calls. Likewise then save your phone directory to the Thai SIM card and you have it loaded in case you transfer phones later.

Also handy to have the phone before you get to the taxi area and in case you need to call the driver or agency. Make sure you write down the Thai number so you can call them locally after getting your SIM card.

Common sense is not very common.

cheers.

:LMAO1:....Guilty................... But, I always give them 20 baht, :P..............

:LMAO1:....Guilty................... But, I always give them 20 baht, :P..............

The cashier, or the 20 people in line? :Laugh1:

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Another option is "TRUE". I changed from 1-2 call to TRUE a couple of years ago. Works perfectly, and has the advantage that first time u top-up the validity of your phonenumber will be extended for 1 year, meaning you can have the same number next time you are visiting LOS. Another advantage is that you can use the TRUE account to access internet (in case you are staying in a hotel with no WiFi). This cost only 29 Baht per 24 h. Simply message them on the number you get on the package containing your SIM. In a few sec. you receive a SMS with the code you can use to access their mobile internet for the next 24h.

Edited by 0069

Everyone has the right to my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

I need to leave my mobile here in Tenerife for the business when I come to you in Feb. Therefore I will need to buy an unlocked cheap and simple mobile tel with Thai SIM can I buy one at these SIM card shops? Any problems? In Spain we have to prove our identity before being allowed to buy Sim/Tel after the Madrid bombings. I must have an unlocked tel as I will probably have to spend some time in the UK on the way back and will need a SIM there. Thx in advance. Rob

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

cheers.

Sorry Mike but I like being one of those cunts.........btw cunts are useful

Edited by barmatt

Looks like ima cunt too :GoldenSmile1:

<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>Quotable Quotes......

"IM AN AUSSIE! OF COURSE I GO DOWN UNDER"........AUSSIEASSMAN

"I BRINGS THE RUCKUS TO THE LADIES"

"HOW YOU GOING TO FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED"?

"BLACKMAN DOING HIS THING BABY, BARACK OBAMA MOTHERFUCKER,BARACK OBAMA IM THE PRESIDENT OF HITTIN THAT ASS"!

"YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WIFE BACK MAN,I DONT WANT THE BITCH NO MORE, I JUST SAID I HIT IT AND I QUIT IT"!

.......LEON BLACK

"WOKA WOKA".....FOZZY BEAR & SHAKIRA

if you can use this forum then surely you can type a few numbers into a phone.

Mike, my names not surely its barmatt and I think you need to chill out brother :Hug1:

i have had that experiance too,wait in the line,in 7/11,as the girl got add the top up,for a falang

never got mad about it,as looking at the thai women in the store,lol

i allways use my hotel for that,on reception or any of the staff,they allways seem happy to do it

help out,gain bit face

have to get them to teach me how to do it,

bit of one to one in my room

is it all in thai,then i be screwd,when try to top up credit

well hotel staff are great for helping us falangs out

some cute ones too

once i got a old thai phone ,and some credit of a thai man

dam,that phone keep ringing,seems a bar girls old phone,had to get a new simm

was full of numbers,was like being back home

have a beer ,in a bar,phone rings,whos that

got a few girls to talk to them,seems last owner was a pop girl,lol

every trip there ,always bright and fresh,i loved that country,every holiday trip ,is different

• 2 weeks later...

you can buy thai sims on ebay too for a few quid .. they will post to the uk, i got one like this so that i would be able to call before i got through immigration!

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.