IGNORED

Sattahip

whitespider - RIP

For more Information on Sattahip please visit Sattahip Forum

I live in Sattahip about 25k from Pattaya and 14k from Jomtien. Here are a few pics from one of the beaches near me Sai Kaew (pronounced Sai Gell with a hard G).

I really must learn to use a camera as the sea is crystal clear and blue but I always seem to make it grey and dull :(

As you can see it beats Pattaya hands down whatever. Even TWO variety of monkey LOL

DSC00785.JPG

DSC00782.JPG

DSC00784.JPG

DSC00765.JPG

DSC00773.JPG

DSC00768.JPG

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

any more info places to stay pp4

<strong class='bbc'></strong><br /><br />I don't want you to swallow it all,just some of it<br /><br />I'll spray the rest on your face and tits

How do you get to it?

I have travelled that way heaps and can't find it.

Cheers

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Any recommendation for a place to stay for the weekend. I would like to bring my TG and her daughter down for a two night get-away.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

There are a few guest houses in Sattahip but they are all "thai" and a little shabby.

There are bungalows on the beach 700-1000 a night.

You have to PAY to get on this beach (30 baht thai 60 baht foreigner) and must leave you passport as like all the beaches here its on the Navy Base. Most of the other beaches are FREE but one or two are "out of bounds" to foreigners as they are too close to the important stuff on the base.

To get to this particular beach - go past Bang Saray a short way. On your left you will see a developement of new houses with bright blue roofs (for some reason common here). Almost immediately you will see ONE OF the BIG entrances to the Navy Base - you can't miss it, its one of those huge gates with soldiers on guard. You park the car and swap your passport (or TGs id card) for a "pass" then drive on and on, past the golf course (again all Thai), tennis courts etc etc - through one more checkpoint. Eventually you get to a final checkpoint where you pay. You must LEAVE the car here unless you have paid for a bungalow. Baht buses are included in the fee and take you over the mountain to the beach - the view from the mountain down to the beach is spectacult - very Samui like in some ways.

There is NO (farang) p4p here - its a normal Thai town. There are a few Thai Bars and Karaokes but I have never been in them so cant comment. No doubt the usual Thai coffee and barber shops offer it also but again to Thai only I should think. Farang are "rare" here so I dont know what kind of reception I might get - in Tesco the kids still stare at you coz ur a novelty.

Ban Cgang is about 15k away - but offers nothing Pattaya doesnt except a "new experience".

Its just "middle Thailand" - chokkablokk with Housing developements - it looks like East Pattaya to be honest just hundreds and hundreds of new houses. Nothing "large" just lots of 2,3,4, and a few 5 bed developements. Costs range from 700,000 for the small 2 beds to maybe 4million for the 5 beds.

No extremes of wealth and poverty here - everyone has a mortgage, 1.4 cars, 1.8 kids and half a dog.

My Soi of around 60 new houses has 2 farang.

I have been into the Navy Rating area near Bang Saer. I didn't see a beach like the one you have photos off!

Is it that area or the one closer towards Sattahip?

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

• 2 weeks later...
I have been into the Navy Rating area near Bang Saer. I didn't see a beach like the one you have photos off!

Is it that area or the one closer towards Sattahip?

Its not far from Bang Saray but remember the Nay Base stretches along about 40 KM of coastline.

Driving from Pattaya you go past the Bang Saray "gate" on your right - keep going about another kilo or so. There is a Navy Entrance on the right that always has 2 "guards" on duty - it is in there.

The guards will make you stop and you exchange your passport for a base entry pass.

You know if you have the right gate because its the one with the driving range and gold course in it - you can SEE that from where they make you stop the car.

Then drive straight on maybe 2 kilo. You have to stop at another guard post about 1kilo down and show your pass.

You will see a buddha shrine on the left with two anti aircraft guns outside it (yeah I know).

Turn LEFT just before that shrine.

Keep going about 1.5 kilo.

You will come to the "sea" but no beach, just mud flats - trun left there and go to the END of that road which is a car park.

There you park up, pay the entry fee and get a baht bus (included in the fee) over the mountain top the beach.

Hope that gets you there.

To be honest its a bit of a trekk from Pattaya but for me its very close and well worth it.

I have been in there but I didn't get to that part of the area.

Will have to try again.

I have been in there but I didn't get to that part of the area.

Will have to try again.

BP - the think to do is to make sure you turn LEFT when you get to the shrine with the guns outside it. If you go "straight on" thgats probably the problem.

If you read Thai its signposted Sai Kaew Beach - if in doubt just ask someone its pronounced Sai Gell with a "hard" G.

If you ever go on a Sunday - just PM me and I will meet you somewhere coz we are almost always there.

there's a beach called Haht Nahng Rum that is NOT a payfor venue

it's clean and just past Chevron's and Pearl Oil's bases

go to Utapao airport and keep driving South, you'll reach it

if you have troubles ask the guards at the gate of the Navy base, Haht Nahng Rum = beach of the dancing lady

I think it's the first left turn after the guard shack, but it's been a while since I've been there

don't need to bring food, since there are people selling fried fish etc. not far from the beach, and a restaurant run by the Navy's non-profit entertainment funds.

there's also a Navy club called Nahm Naaw beach (cold water beach), that one is mostly just a restaurant as the beach is actually rocks, no sand, but very good and cheap eats (seafood of course)

I took an entourage from my office there once (about one dozen) and we ate for less than 1k Baht

but we did bring our own booze, no corkage fee

BP - the think to do is to make sure you turn LEFT when you get to the shrine with the guns outside it. If you go "straight on" thgats probably the problem.

If you read Thai its signposted Sai Kaew Beach - if in doubt just ask someone its pronounced Sai Gell with a "hard" G.

If you ever go on a Sunday - just PM me and I will meet you somewhere coz we are almost always there.

Cheers Whitie, I will keep it in mind.

Cheers

if you have troubles ask the guards at the gate of the Navy base, Haht Nahng Rum = beach of the dancing lady

I think it's the first left turn after the guard shack, but it's been a while since I've been there

don't need to bring food, since there are people selling fried fish etc. not far from the beach, and a restaurant run by the Navy's non-profit entertainment funds.

there's also a Navy club called Nahm Naaw beach (cold water beach), that one is mostly just a restaurant as the beach is actually rocks, no sand, but very good and cheap eats (seafood of course)

I took an entourage from my office there once (about one dozen) and we ate for less than 1k Baht

I have been down that way. Took a ride on my cyc and found a heap of places down that way.

They even have an aquarium for those little orange & white fishes that was in the cartoon movie nemo.

• 2 months later...
Cheers Whitie, I will keep it in mind.

Cheers

I have been down that way. Took a ride on my cyc and found a heap of places down that way.

They even have an aquarium for those little orange & white fishes that was in the cartoon movie nemo.

Bang Saray has some wonderful waterside seafood restaurants, are there any in Sattahip also?

One would imagine this to be true

Thanks for the info

<strong class='bbc'></strong><br /><br />I don't want you to swallow it all,just some of it<br /><br />I'll spray the rest on your face and tits

Yes this is a nice beach but further still from Pattaya (an extra 10k approx) and although it is good and free it is not a patch on Sai Keaw and gets very busy sometimes. Its open to all navy personal whereas Sai Keaw is not. Last time we went was midweek and they said "weekends only for farang" but that changes for various security/navy OP' reasons.

Sai Kaew is 60 baht but includes the baht bus over the mountain (30 baht for Thais).

Bang Saray has some wonderful waterside seafood restaurants, are there any in Sattahip also?

One would imagine this to be true

Yes Sattahip has many waterside restaurants but they tend to be at the harbour side not the beaches.

Pics below taken from a harbourside restaurant at 6.30 p.m.

Sometimes the seafood is literally straight off the boat.

BTW - I found the Sattahip "strip" last night (after 5 months LOL). H shape of 3 small sois with about 15 bars. Lots of cute girls but young and a LOT of drunk Thais - navy ratings I would imagine. Its about 60 yards from the entrance to my village - god knows how I missed it.

DSC00902.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

• 4 months later...
Yes this is a nice beach but further still from Pattaya (an extra 10k approx) and although it is good and free it is not a patch on Sai Keaw and gets very busy sometimes. Its open to all navy personal whereas Sai Keaw is not. Last time we went was midweek and they said "weekends only for farang" but that changes for various security/navy OP' reasons.

Sai Kaew is 60 baht but includes the baht bus over the mountain (30 baht for Thais).

Yes Sattahip has many waterside restaurants but they tend to be at the harbour side not the beaches.

BTW - I found the Sattahip "strip" last night (after 5 months LOL). H shape of 3 small sois with about 15 bars. Lots of cute girls but young and a LOT of drunk Thais - navy ratings I would imagine. Its about 60 yards from the entrance to my village - god knows how I missed it.

DSC00902.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

check out soi 73 yum yum, plenty of poo tang, but nowhere to take them?

• 2 weeks later...

Not like you can take them home to the missus is it! :wacko:

post-35-1193295518_thumbjpg

post-35-1193295569_thumbjpg

wooow that are some nice pics mate,have to check that place out when i get back.

thanks for the information andy.

im there 3000

I live in Sattahip about 25k from Pattaya and 14k from Jomtien. Here are a few pics from one of the beaches near me Sai Kaew (pronounced Sai Gell with a hard G).

I really must learn to use a camera as the sea is crystal clear and blue but I always seem to make it grey and dull :(

As you can see it beats Pattaya hands down whatever. Even TWO variety of monkey LOL

DSC00785.JPG

DSC00782.JPG

DSC00784.JPG

DSC00765.JPG

DSC00773.JPG

DSC00768.JPG

Try using a polarising filter and get above the water so you are at a more acute angle to the surface this way you'll be able to avoid the light reflection off the surface which is what your getting, helps with the glare too

Try to have the sun behind you or off one of your shoulders not in front of you when you take pic's.........best time for light is in the mornings and evenings......called 'the magic hours' by professional photographers and film makers for a very good reason.

cheers

nthbeachman

nthbeachman

Keep going up soi 73 towards the hills and route 331. About 2 k's on left (24 hour sign) is short time motel. Wealthy Pattaya thais bring young ladies from karaokes in Sattahip for a quiet chat :D . Or you could rent my spare room, 2 minutes away, for reasonable cost. Or free if I can take pics. :D

Sometimes I feelo so damn lucky.

Been here 6 years now (5 in BKK and now Sattahip) and occasionaly I get bored or homesick or even despondent at some of the things I see.

Then I stand in the sea at my local beach (not even the best one) and realise just how lucky I am. Life isnt perfect anywhere but I wouldnt change this.

DSC01160.JPG

DSC01186.JPG

DSC01178.JPG

Great photos WS.Place looks lovely M8.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

• 5 weeks later...
Its not far from Bang Saray but remember the Nay Base stretches along about 40 KM of coastline.

Driving from Pattaya you go past the Bang Saray "gate" on your right - keep going about another kilo or so. There is a Navy Entrance on the right that always has 2 "guards" on duty - it is in there.

The guards will make you stop and you exchange your passport for a base entry pass.

You know if you have the right gate because its the one with the driving range and gold course in it - you can SEE that from where they make you stop the car.

Then drive straight on maybe 2 kilo. You have to stop at another guard post about 1kilo down and show your pass.

You will see a buddha shrine on the left with two anti aircraft guns outside it (yeah I know).

Turn LEFT just before that shrine.

Keep going about 1.5 kilo.

You will come to the "sea" but no beach, just mud flats - trun left there and go to the END of that road which is a car park.

There you park up, pay the entry fee and get a baht bus (included in the fee) over the mountain top the beach.

Hope that gets you there.

To be honest its a bit of a trekk from Pattaya but for me its very close and well worth it.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Thank Pattaya Addicts !