IGNORED

Six weeks visa for Thailand

demigod

I was actually on my first trip to Thailand for a short while ago, and the four weeks I attended Pattaya has been one of the best times of my life. We traveled in total 11 people, where many of them already are relatively known in the city and circumference. But to get to the point I rented an apartment in Jomtien for one year, since the apartment and corresponding out door area really attracted me in a huge matter.

I will be traveling to Pattaya every six weeks which basicly means that I will work six weeks home, and then have six weeks vacation in Pattaya - then the same again. This will be the case the whole year, and I therefor need to know how it is regarding six weeks visa. I've talked to some people and they stated that I can go to immigration in Jomtien and pay 1000 bath for two more weeks visa, from the four weeks I always have demand on.

Anyone with some good feedback for me at this point? Thank you in advance.

if you arrive without a visa you will get 30 days at the airport. You can extend this for only 7 days for 1900 baht in Jomtien immigration. Your friends are wrong.

You can either get a tourist visa every time and get 60 days at the airport and then extend for 30 days for 1900 baht in Jomtien immigration or get a 'non immigrant O' for one year which would be your best bet if you can get it. Will get 90 days each time you enter Thailand.

Thanks for your feedback, but regarding the 'non immigrant O', is it hard to get?

Is the any requirement that I'd have to fulfill, or is this a case of money payment to the immigration?

Also, if I don't have this current non immigrant O visa and choose to stay over the 30 days visa, what would the fine be?

Also it is worth saying that I work in Afrika, and because of that I wont be able to send my passport to the embassy in Norway. I'm almost never home in Norway any more im afraid. My best option would be to figure something out in Pattaya, as far as I can see.

Also, if I don't have this current non immigrant O visa and choose to stay over the 30 days visa, what would the fine be?

The fine is 500 baht per day starting with the second day of the overstay. Since you are planning to come several times a year, this is not really an option for you because it is noted in your passport. Get a few of those marks and you are screwed as far as further entry goes.

Even worse, if you get caught with an expired visa when you are not attempting to leave the country, you are going to jail. No questions asked.

It's no big deal to overstay and have it revealed at the airport as you are leaving. You just pay the overstay fine and split. But, let's say on day 36 for some reason a cop asks to see your passport. Paying a fine will be the least of your problems.

Get a 60 each trip and you won't have to worry.

Then to my next question, which is regarding the 60 days visa. Is there a Norwegian embassy in Thailand, and could the 60 days visa be solved from here? As I said, im never in Norway any more and therefore it's hard to actually send my passport to this place. Also need both my passports (yes I have two because of working in Africa) at all times when I'm at work.

Then to my next question, which is regarding the 60 days visa. Is there a Norwegian embassy in Thailand, and could the 60 days visa be solved from here? As I said, im never in Norway any more and therefore it's hard to actually send my passport to this place. Also need both my passports (yes I have two because of working in Africa) at all times when I'm at work.

You cannot apply for a 60 day tourist visa in Thailand. It must be done at a Thai consulate/embassy outside the kingdom. Email a few and make sure they offer them. Some do not.

For example, the one in Manila doesn't (at least when I tried in 2008). The one in Penang does. It sounds to me like your best bet is to try and get a flight through Penang with a 24 hour layover.

If you do this and don't want to hassle with going to the embassy yourself call Jim at 604-264-2960 in Penang. He is a local restaurant owner and a straight up cat. He'll take care of everything for you for 100 baht. He looks like somebody Indiana Jones would meet in a knife fight, but he's a good guy and you can trust him.

Thanks again for the feedback, but for this moment I think I'll just travel out of the border after 30 days and get a new 30 days visa. In that way I should be safe, and I know alot of people that do this regulary.

Thanks again for the feedback, but for this moment I think I'll just travel out of the border after 30 days and get a new 30 days visa. In that way I should be safe, and I know alot of people that do this regulary.

Yep. That's cheap and easy. About 2400 baht and you're back by 4 pm that day.

Yep. That's cheap and easy. About 2400 baht and you're back by 4 pm that day.

Sorry if I missed something.

That's 30 days if you fly back in and 15 days by land i.e. a border run for 2400 Baht.

Also, although I think the 30 days by air can be indefinite, I've read that the 15 days by land are being limited to 2 times in succession.

That is correct, I called the embassy a few hours ago and they said you get 15 more days when traveling by bus. So that's actually enough for me as far as I can tell :) Thanks again for all replys.