Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

China Garden Restaurant & Boutique Hotel - Opening Soon

China Garden

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh i wanted to stay there in august! i guess there are non available. 8th-17-18th ish.

I feel sorry for people who don`t drink. When they wake up in the morning that`s as good as they`re gonna feel all day. (Frank Sinatra)

PM us your dates in January, we are getting filled up but still some rooms available !

I have one room left in July 16th July to 22nd July

and 2 room gap from 24th july to 2 August ..otherwise its grid lock

August is worse... 1 room 9th aug to 25th aug..

Is that a jacuzzi room? I stay in Pattaya from 16 to 23 august 2011 and would love to stay in your room!

If only available for 22 and 23 august is also fine for me!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Ahhh i wanted to stay there in august! i guess there are non available. 8th-17-18th ish.

Sorry we are full those date!

Ian

Is that a jacuzzi room? I stay in Pattaya from 16 to 23 august 2011 and would love to stay in your room!

If only available for 22 and 23 august is also fine for me!

Sorry, the jacuzzi rooms are booked now for every night in August.

Ian

Sorry, the jacuzzi rooms are booked now for every night in August.

Ian

Too bad for me, but good for your business. But will remember China Garden for my next trip to Pattaya. Good luck!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Just did a booking on your website, then saw this with people requesting dates here...do you have anything open for July 29 - 31?

Thanks

Just did a booking on your website, then saw this with people requesting dates here...do you have anything open for July 29 - 31?

Thanks

I just replied, yes I booked you in to Deluxe room 303 for the 2 nights, 500 baht per night

cheers

ian

ian got two rooms for next two days,coming tomorrow

for late request please email me at [email protected]

Dissapointed in China Garden

Last friday evening my 2 expat English friends tried the China Garden rest for the first time after me reccomending the place a while ago as they have tried Jolly Friar and were impressed with the fish n chips, which i continue to have most Friday nts.

Alas after i met them after in a nearby bar they said forget the China Garden, in their words "absolute garbage" was their verdict!!!

They tried to order Chinese tea, was said "no hab but hab English tea"??? (Most people like to have chinese tea on offer at chinese rest)??

Ordered hot n sour soup and chicken and beef dishes and left most of the meal as tasted awful they said.

Feel bit embarrased as was me that reccomended the place, so looks like standards have dropped then now that Moon has gone???

How on earth are u goin to cope with opening this lonestar tex/mex place with all the USA guys bitchin about certain peppers/drinks/sauces if you cant maintain standards in the English style Chinese restaurant???

Me thinks you could be biting off more then you can chew???

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Last friday evening my 2 expat English friends tried the China Garden rest for the first time after me reccomending the place a while ago as they have tried Jolly Friar and were impressed with the fish n chips, which i continue to have most Friday nts.

Alas after i met them after in a nearby bar they said forget the China Garden, in their words "absolute garbage" was their verdict!!!

They tried to order Chinese tea, was said "no hab but hab English tea"??? (Most people like to have chinese tea on offer at chinese rest)??

Ordered hot n sour soup and chicken and beef dishes and left most of the meal as tasted awful they said.

Feel bit embarrased as was me that reccomended the place, so looks like standards have dropped then now that Moon has gone???

How on earth are u goin to cope with opening this lonestar tex/mex place with all the USA guys bitchin about certain peppers/drinks/sauces if you cant maintain standards in the English style Chinese restaurant???

Cheers 4 now,

Ooooh!

Never had any problem with the food here, and countless others in the usually busy restaurant think the same.

What's your real gripe?

Finally, most people don't know what Chinese tea is.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Cheers 4 now,

Firstly thank you for eating the Jolly Friar, I am pleased you enjoyed the food and have recommended it to your friends.

Secondly I apologise you and your friends did not enjoy your Chinese meal, I did not know Moon's departure was public knowledge on this board ? But you are correct that Mood work permit & contract of employment have been terminated due to "continued poor work performance", we struggled for several months trying to improve his working standards & attitude issuing several "letters of concern" which he ignored, I believe Moon thought himself indispensable to our business which can never happen in any type of enterprise.

For the past 3 months I had replaced Moon in the preparation of the food during the day and largely due to his poor attitude he would often only being frying in the kitchen (Prawn Toasts, Spring Rolls etc) leaving the 4 Thai Chef's to do the bulk of any Chinese cooking since he opened 6 months ago, I do not believe Moon's small contribution has or will be missed. We are however actively seeking a new Chinese Chef though my UK company and hope to have a replacement within in the next few months.

Chinese Tea has never been offered in the restaurant during the last 6 months, as you have eaten there before it should not come as a surprise ?

I will check on the Hot & Sour soup though ... thanks again for the feedback

Dont worry about biting off to much ! As I continue to expand over the coming year I will look for Thai or Western managers to assist me as I already do in China & the UK

I met a BM from Texas yesterday and he is helping we over the next coming months with the finer arts of the "Pit Master", he has already inspected our Smoking process and given us the green light on our BBQ rub. We are going to work hard listening to ex pats and BM to ensure we offer some great BBQ food.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

No I havent eaten at CG yet as it was me that reccomended it to my English Expat friends who are quite keen on good Chinese food, so I was awaiting there verdict which as you have noticed wasn't very good and they haven't reccomended it.

Maybe it was a bad day at the office but my friends wont be going back any time soon.

Chinese tea is offered in every Chinese restaurant back home?

Anyway hope you get it back on track soon as I was hoping to try CG but wont be rushing in now & good luck with the latest venture.

Cheers 4 now,

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

You recommend something you have not tried? That is just silly

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_1.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=1&

&time_template=1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xFFFFFF&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=Local time&

&event_time=year:2011;month:10;day:15;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=hourly&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=Newbie Trip&

&event_title=event&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=true&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

No I havent eaten at CG yet as it was me that reccomended it to my English Expat friends who are quite keen on good Chinese food, so I was awaiting there verdict which as you have noticed wasn't very good and they haven't reccomended it.

Maybe it was a bad day at the office but my friends wont be going back any time soon.

Chinese tea is offered in every Chinese restaurant back home?

Anyway hope you get it back on track soon as I was hoping to try CG but wont be rushing in now & good luck with the latest venture. Hi went to China GArden twice the first week it was open, loved it, told all my pals who went the first few weeks and were of the same opinion..But the last few weeks they have all said its gone shit..Idecided to go back 2 weeks ago and it was awful..so sorry this is the case as its a great looking resturant..Bring back MOON

Cheers 4 now,

How can you get on here and run down a place that you havent sampled yourself????

Just going of what your friends thought of the place............ he said/she said........

Bit harsh dont you think!!

I'm sure any constructive advice for any place is always welcome..... but you should have atleast been there, tried that first hand. Not get on here and throw a bone that someone else has chewed on.

My thoughts anyway.

Hi chaps,

Well at least my good friends were not the only ones dissapointed recently then??

They did however try the Jolly Friar the next nt and they enjoyed it as i regularly eat there and its been consistently good value for money and good service(even had some smiles from the staff recently lol).

To answer some replies here I dont intend to run any kind of business down, but when my good friends who are in business in Thailand, tell me their experience/ review thats good enough for me.

You think am going to rush in there now while theres obviously some issues re; quality of the food being served?? Its meant as constructive criticism for owners to be made aware of.

This forum and others are here for advice/information and reviews of all kinds, bars/hotels/restaurants and ggs/lbs too for us mongerers/ expats and regular tourists for free, so one should read and learn from it & to help business owners address any issues that us..the customers have.

Like said before Ian's other business's are doing ok and hope he gets CG back on track soon as it looks a nice quality place for the area, and I would be one of the 1st to try it when he gets an experienced Chinese chef in there that knows what hes doing.

Cheers 4 now,

Any feedback is good feedback in my book, good or bad it all helps me maintain or in some cases improve standards, I ate at another restaurant for lunch today and the food although satisfactory there were things that could have been done differently or better... now the owner of this place will never know because very few people will give feedback they simply vote with their feet so please do keep the feedback going, I also think the more people talk about a place the more people are willing to give the place a shot especially when the overwhelming feedback is positive!

We are looking for a new head chef and the job is posted on the jobs section of this board... I find some comfort watching Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey, some of the professional chefs on that program make me thankful I have what I have.

cheers guys

Ian

Your welcome,

Cheers 4 now,

Hi

New member here.

Planning for a virgin trip in december going on. Not to sure about the dates because of midterm exams at the start of december.

Can anyone mark out location of china garden in google maps? Im haveing a hard time finding the street its located in.

Originaly had plans for a nother hotel, but they have to many bad reviews on here.

Regards

romeo1981

Hi

New member here.

Planning for a virgin trip in december going on. Not to sure about the dates because of midterm exams at the start of december.

Can anyone mark out location of china garden in google maps? Im haveing a hard time finding the street its located in.

Originaly had plans for a nother hotel, but they have to many bad reviews on here.

Regards

romeo1981

Find Canterbury Tales (plenty of threads on here with a map). China Garden is on the next soi south of that.

Hi

New member here.

Regards

romeo1981

Here you go http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?cxuRUn8rkcaA

I modified a map from Jolly Friar website for personal use during the last trip. I do hope Ian don't mind me posting here. The place is directly opposite J&P Court which most mototaxi knows.

china garden.jpg

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

Does China Garden has laundry service?

I booked it online for September! So far I received nothing but the email with the info that I provided on the booking form.

Archived