Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

bbqbob

My name is Dale, the new owner of Bob's BBQ

LaaMok

I will pop by to try next week, always great food there

bbqbob

thank all of you board member's for the kind welcome and look forward to meeting each and everyone of you just mention that you are a forum board member and you will each receive a 10% discount on all meals and drinks. thanks again Dale

probe

Welcome aboard Dale. I think you'll find this to be the friendliest, most BS free, as well as the largest Pattaya forum.

When I arrived here this trip, 2 1/2 years ago, you couldn't get in Bob's for dinner, it was so busy. Between the political situation here, the economy and family pressures Bob wasn't able to keep the standards up and the business struggled. I watched it all from next door. Bob and his family are now in Texas taking care of his elderly parents.

I've also been able to watch Dale since he bought Bob's and he is bringing a huge amount of energy to the place. I'm not into ribs or wings, so I can't comment about those, but the Mexican food is much better. Not hot, but with a bit of a bite to it. I've learned a great deal about Mexican food talking to Dale and I'm enjoying going through the menu experiencing how much better the food is. The chicken fried chicken is pretty awesome too. I eat there at lest once almost every day and I give him feedback on everything. That's exactly what he wants from all his customers. Try the burrito "boss style". It's like a 'super burrito' back home. The beans and rice are inside with the meat.

Give dale a little time to get his feet firmly planted and I think you'll see a huge difference in the place.

Best of luck Dale.

Good night. :D

El Cata

Here's my Wagon Wheel challenge, which I'm sure was more like 2kg, on the starting blocks.

Wagon Wheel Start.jpg

Here's the sorry end. Remember that you have to eat the extremely filling bun, french fries & all the trimmings; don't do it guys! :Circle_Sharks:

I advise that you get ironical toppings such as cheese & bacon. It'll make it harder to eat / digest, but make the failure seem that much tastier!

Wagon Wheel Finish.jpg

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

mww

Good luck with the venture. Hope to try out the mex food next time i'm down there from BKK. Sounds like it is definately worth a visit. Like the marketing strategy too....offering a 10% dicount to forum members without a prompt! ;-) Great stuff! C U soon.

edfred

Dale

First piece of advice comming to Pattaya.

Stay away from Clubs, especially Rotary.

This one is for free.

Ed

Mike Asia

good luck to you

joe q

Hi Dale,Look forward to meeting you when i am next in LK Metro. Q.Do you know about the food fest thats being organised along with the Optimist Club,if so could you post it,and if not i hope you soon get involved. It should be a great publicity event.

actiondell4

Stay away from rotary???????? Why ?

Wouldn't a business person be wise to mingle in with the service clubs ?

pierce

I will stay at the Billabong on my next trip so I will come in some day, good luck.

Gibson

I will give this place a shot myself! Most recommend the "chicken fried steak", was it? Not sure if it is still on the menu... See you in march/ feb!

Bob4you

Great place for American and Mexican dining, right now noon to 8pm all drinks are buy 1 get 1 free from water to pitchers of Margaritas, lunch special is 1/4 pounder burger with lettuce, tomato and onions and a side dish (French Fries or cole Slaw) B99 noon til 5 add 2 changs or SM light and total comes to B159.

Even McD's or BK can't beat that. Welcome Dale, see you tonight.

Joe985

I always make a habit to eat lunch or dinner at Bob’s BBQ. When Bob moved the restaurant to LK Metro, I was in heaven because it was closer to the hotel I usually stayed at, thus making more convenient to eat there.

Good luck Dale. I will have a few meals during my trip in Feb.

CyberHippie

Perhaps we could help your business with an editorial in Thailand Biggest Villa rental site... www.thailandholidayhomes.co.uk

Let me know ...

bbqbob

Pretty exciting today in that we sold 3 Wagon Wheels (our biggest burger) in 1 hour. 1 in house and 2 delivery. I'm thinking of suggesting on the menu that it feeds 2 easily. Have you tried the Wagon Wheel Challenge yet?

Here's a few other dishes. The beans and chili are my home made recipe and are very popular side dishes. I feel the nachos could be thicker with cheese and cream. Do you like it heavy or light as it's currently served?

I had a good laugh seeing the look on the Thai customer's face when the Wagon Wheel arrived.

Image00023.jpg

Image00022.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Image00020.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00018.jpg

Image00016.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Image00011.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00024.jpg

Bob4you

I am one of the people in the photo, I decided to buy my driver lunch, never had a wagon wheel or even seen one but I knew it was huge. Asked the Thai driver if he wanted to share a big burger with me, sure was the reply. He almost lost his eyes (popped out) when the burger arrived. Being a Frugal Freddy member got me a 20% discount + 4 cokes (buy 1 get one free)my total cost was B470. The burger can easily be cut in 1/4's and feed 4 for a normal meal. My driver could not finish his 1/2 I did stuff mine down but we had to leave a whole plate of well prepared French Fries.

A few nights earlier for a late night snack (already had dinner) with some friends I ordered a Pizza, that cost B480, not near as tasty nor as filling. I recommend Bob's with 2 thumbs up. If you are not in the neighborhood all 15 of Bob's Wagon Wheels can be ordered delivered by Door 2 Door or WOW, yea, it cost a little bit more but convenient to have it delivered for a event at home like Poker game or Superbowl.

China Garden

I am one of the people in the photo, I decided to buy my driver lunch, never had a wagon wheel or even seen one but I knew it was huge. Asked the Thai driver if he wanted to share a big burger with me, sure was the reply. He almost lost his eyes (popped out) when the burger arrived. Being a Frugal Freddy member got me a 20% discount + 4 cokes (buy 1 get one free)my total cost was B470. The burger can easily be cut in 1/4's and feed 4 for a normal meal. My driver could not finish his 1/2 I did stuff mine down but we had to leave a whole plate of well prepared French Fries.

A few nights earlier for a late night snack (already had dinner) with some friends I ordered a Pizza, that cost B480, not near as tasty nor as filling. I recommend Bob's with 2 thumbs up. If you are not in the neighborhood all 15 of Bob's Wagon Wheels can be ordered delivered by Door 2 Door or WOW, yea, it cost a little bit more but convenient to have it delivered for a event at home like Poker game or Superbowl.

I have had a fair few of Bob's burgers and all I can say is they are "excellent". Keep up the good work!

Ian

Bob4you

Hello Ian, I did not know you were active on the board, good to see, it is a good community for sharing information. Congratulations on the success of Jolly Friar and I'm sure the new Chinese Garden Restaurant a few doors down from Jolly Friar will be just as successful when it opens in March.

dom343

I will pop in for a bite in march mate.

forcebwithu

Enjoyed my first meal at Bob's today. Had the pulled pork lunch special. Pork was tender, juicy and of good quantity. BBQ sauce was great too. Had a chance to chat with Dale a bit. Friendly guy. Looking forward to sampling the rest of the menu.

Gary

The Viking

I had some mexican a couple of days ago. Good food.

overseasplease

Hey Dale,

Just ordered a bit from door2door on your recommendation to retry to place since the changeover. I'll update the Bobs BBQ review post once I do.

Wish I had read this before hand and tried some of your updated Mexican recipes ( I did order a chimichanga though, did you retool that?)

Welcome to the forums.

Edited by overseasplease

suakopannu

I tried a meal a bobs ala dale :) very good and tasty, i enjoyed the jalapeno poppers and chicken strip basket! The honey mustard was great and the tenderness of the chicken was super :) also had a nice long conversation with dale, a very nice guy!

I will have to try the chimichanga next :)

aussieassman

Hey Dale welcome to the forum, ill drop your place ina few weeks when im in pattaya and say hi and taste yr menu.

:GoldenSmile1:

El Cata

Pretty exciting today in that we sold 3 Wagon Wheels (our biggest burger) in 1 hour. 1 in house and 2 delivery.

Nice one.

Edited by El Cata