IGNORED

New Bar Opening Times in Pattaya

LaaMok

A protest of over 200 bar workers from around Pattaya took place at Pattaya City Hall on Wednesday Evening. The workers, with placards demanding action from the City to extend bar opening times met Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya and his administration. He used the opportunity announce new and bar opening times for bars within the main entertainment zone and for those outside. He announced that bars within the zone will now be permitted to open until 04.30 and those outside the zone will be able to open until 03.00. There were conditions attached to the new times and the Mayor stated that unless Bar owners ran their businesses in accordance with Thai Law, the new opening times would be withdrawn immediately. He also mentioned that plans for 24 hour opening were still being discussed and a further meeting is planed on Friday. The protesters went away happy and will now wait for news on the proposed 24 hour licenses.

02_12_53_3_3-300x233.jpg

http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/32090/new-bar-opening-times-announced-by-pattaya-mayor/

He announced that bars within the zone will now be permitted to open until 04.30 and those outside the zone will be able to open until 03.00.

With a 4:30 Cut off, I really don't see an advantage for the bars to go 24 hrs. The exception might be the discos. The type of business and problems you would get from say....4:30 to 6:30 AM would be more hassle than its worth IMO.

Do you guys think that this will mean that BG will request ST company more often than LT because now they can go back to the bar many hence longer opening hours?

Well I hope they will be selective in the laws they choose to enforce as they ask businesses to run in "accordance with Thai Law" -- and overlook the boom boom but crack down on the indoor smoking. It was so nice for a while -- stinky as hell again in the go gos.

24 hours would be great, as I often don't finish work until 3 am anyway!

With a 4:30 Cut off, I really don't see an advantage for the bars to go 24 hrs. The exception might be the discos. The type of business and problems you would get from say....4:30 to 6:30 AM would be more hassle than its worth IMO.

What problems? People spending money and having fun? 90% of all the fights I've seen on WS have been well before 2 am. By 4 am you've gotten rid of most of the family/couple tourists which is good for those of us who aren't in Patts for the lovely beaches. Plus with Mixx closing early, you get all their regulars crowding out Insomnia and Marine.

At any rate, there's no incentive to make it legal to stay open 24 hours. Then there's no reason for the bars to pay tea money to stay open late.

Marine 2 and JP Bar have had no problem staying open till 10 am or later even when the police were shutting Insomnia down at 3 am and having to pay 25,000 baht to bail out their manager. So these rules are being arbitrarily enforced as usual.

Earlier this year they were trying to make these claims that early closings are to keep Thai students from staying out all night but that's a joke as places like Hollywood and Differ which are 90% are open till 8 am or so every night. These closings are a political move by some BKK police looking to push out the current Patts chief. All the higher ranking police want a piece of Pattaya and shutting down the biggest money maker in the city is a way of showing who's got the power.

I think this is fantastic news. We mongers can get serious after the tourist crowd has crashed in their comfy beds and are sleeping like angels that they are :Birthday_Cake:

It does make a bit more sense than trying to send us all to bed early.

Some sanity returns - maybe some sense will be next applied to the visa situation, but I expect that's hoping for a bit too much.

So where exactly does the 'Main Entertainment Zone' cover?I'm assuming it's Walking Street but to where? Has anyone got any info on the areas where the 'Main'Zone is, and the areas 'Outside ' the Main Zone?

'From the Purr of Pattaya to the Lure of Luzon!'

The way Thai girls like to sleep they will need at least 3 to 4 Shifts of workers...Also this will be good news for the Thousands of ladyboys that stalk this town..55555

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Soi 6 open after 1am WOO HOO

It will be interesting to see if Soi 6 does stay open longer. By 24.00 the action normally seems to move elswhere, I wonder if this new ruling will change anything.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Soi 6 open after 1am WOO HOO

Completely agree with this comment! No need to worry about Jet Lag, in fact I might actually be looking forward to waking up at 3am so I can pop down to Soi 6.

Thanks for the update Laa Mok. Any details yet on what area is encompassed by the main entertainment complex?

Hey Laamok, thanks for the update.

But, it sucks ! This is only done for the benefit of the bar's, not for us.

Times wil be over now where we could agree wit a BG to meet her after bar closure time.

The next step wil be to increase bar-fines.

They want to and wil rip us of of our money. That's the only reason i can why they have these new opening-times.

So, guys, the time of a non-expensive holliday in Pattaya are over now. Believe me.

i really think that this will be as good as in gets.

as there is not that many peaple that want to be out after 4.30.

and the ones that will be still out will be that drunk.

they will not be spending so donot really see the need.

of the 24 hour opening saying that would be nice to have Soi 6 24/7

You know, a good friend of mine who works Soi 6 now thinks most bars will make girls work 15 hour days if this passes and she is worried.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

i really think that this will be as good as in gets.

as there is not that many peaple that want to be out after 4.30.

and the ones that will be still out will be that drunk.

they will not be spending so donot really see the need.

of the 24 hour opening saying that would be nice to have soi 6 24/7

that is not true i dont normaly go out till 11 most nights so i wont be drunk and i still spend a fair share of bhat some people like staying out later each to are own and that.

To londoners. Point some of the best nights I had were post 4 am. Some with London haha.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

I dont believe there is any sinister motive, or if any bad will come out of later opening. The bar owners want longer hours to extract more Farang money, the uglier BG's will like it as they have more chance of getting a customer in the wee hours, and after all, Pattaya used to be 24hours when i first came out, and it was fantastic fun (dont know if it was officially 24hrs ). Im surprised to hear someone say they heard BG's complain, as they will either have a customer and be out of the bar, or still have a chance to get a customer. A good lot of BG's zoom straight down to the late disco's anyway when they finish work, so tiredness doesn't really come into it when money can be made.

Start work 5pm, work till 3.30 am, disco to 4.30am sleep at 5am and still have 12 hours to sleep with a few Somtam breaks in-between. Perfect :Chokdee:

I Believe the entertainment zone runs from central road through to end of Walking Street and from the beach up to 2nd road or thereabouts. Hope you all have a cracking 4th anniv party and im pretty pissed off i will miss it as dont return till Sunday :-(

LOS. Gotta Love It.

Thats why I like Pattaya. I can drink there all night long. Don't have to hurry to get drunk because bar never closed. I have drinked all night and morning in many bars. Once I asked don't you have any opening times? Mamasan answered bar owner is policeman so we can be open as we want. I don't who owns other bars but I have found allways bar which is open in any time of day or night.

It is good that officially bars can be open long. But maby they need more girls to work there. More girls I like that.

Edited by ova