IGNORED

Pattaya Hilton Review

UN4GIVN

Just checked in to the Hilton early this morning. Took a walk around Soi 6 and soi Metro areas and since just about everything is still closed, I figured this is as good a time as any to do a hotel review.

Flight arrived on time at around 06:30. They guy seated next to me was also heading to Pattaya so we split a cab. Got to thi Hilton at 9. Room wasn't ready yet, but no surprise as Check in is noon. Still, they rushed thing through and got me my room at around 10:30. While I waited, I tried their breakfast buffet.

Impressions. You enter on the ground floor with a minilobby and bell desk. You take the elevator to the 16th floor where the main lobby is. It looks very impressive with a bright color scheme and a great view of Pattaya harbor. Staff seems very cordial and eager to please. The breakfast buffet was good but not great. I recall the Sheraton grand in Bangkok having a much better buffet. As did the Pattaya Marriott, when I was there two years ago. But the setting is great with an indoor and outdoor area and, again, great views of the sea. The room is a bit on the smallish side but large king size bed, flat screen tv (40 inches I think) ipod ready radio, and a nice terrace and ocean view. Bathroom and bathtub are impressive.

As for the meat of the matter, I just got here so haven't brought a girl back yet. It is, however, a family place with a fair number of children. I'll add to the report as more info becomes available.

Minor inconvenience: Need to take the elevator twice to get to your room. First from the ground floor to the 16th floor lobby. Then take a different elevator up to the guest rooms.

I attached a couple of pics. Let me know if there is any specific info you need, and I'll try to look into it.

DSC03675.JPG

DSC03672.JPG

Upon us all, just a little rain must fall

Great to hear you're there, mate

Ok, now we're all waiting to see what happens as you go pass the reception with your first chick

Edit : the room looks very nice with good view. Others (resised) pics are welcome !

Edited by jojomecanic

Thanks for the update. What type of room did you book and what is the daily rate; if you don't mind me asking?

I've been hanging out for someone to post a review of the Hilton. Nice work.

I'm also keen to hear about their approach to guests. Can you bring back two at once so I know in advance before I arrive in a couple of weeks? :)

How long you staying? Would be great to see some photos and hear your thoughts on the pool and bar as well. Enjoy!

B

Thanks for the info and pics, I'm staying here in a few weeks so anymore info will be appreciated. Thx.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Hey all,

I booked the least expensive room. I had hoped they would offer a discounted upgrade on arrival but, alas, no luck. The terrace is nice and not too small. Hypothetically you can sit down outside, but there are no chairs. There is one rolling desk chair, which I suppose you could role outside. Your TG will have to sit on your lap though.

It is currently 6:53 PM and I have yet to bring a girl back. Today is apparently a holiday, the King's birthday. Soi 6 was looking pretty weak. No music in honor of the King, and very few girls. I'm told that tomorrow will be back to normal. Lolita's on LK Metro was closed. Not sure if there will be much action to bring back tonight, but I'll try to rest for a while and give Walking Street a go after 10:00 PM. The 17 hour flight and walking around exploring all day has me pretty tired, so unless I find a stunner on WS, I'll end up sleeping alone and trying again tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the report, it would be nice to see some pics of the pool too. How big is it?

Pattaya is not just one more place where we can enjoy our favourite hobby, Pattaya is the sacred land where we can practise our religion.

what are the prices like in the skybar and can non residents go there for a drink/snack?

forgot to say in last post you are probably best off away from WS tonight and have a walk around the sois near your hotel, you will find more action there

Thanks for the pics.

Any more pics please ????

:001_Thank_You5:

Measuered by the size of your pics, the room must be huuuuuuuge.

:GoldenSmile1:

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Hey Everybody!

Well, for reasons I'll discuss in detail in the actual trip report (Which I'll start work on tomorrow) I still have not brought a girl back and thus have not tested the Hilton's guest friendliness. I did see a couple of older Farang gentlemen with young Thai girlfriends, so it's not totally out of place. In answer to other questions:

Skybar. Alas, it wont open till early next year, so can't tell much about it. There is a bar/restaurant called Drift (IIRC) on the 16th floor lobby with very nice views. I'll stop by tonight to review prices.

Pool: It is a very nice pool, again on the 16th floor with an infinity effect with the bay. Great place to take a TG, except that it's filled with families and children so my guess is the Hilton would frown upon it.

Gym: Small but with brand new equipment. Not much in the way of free weights. Serious weight lifters will like the gym at the Marriott much more.

Some nice room features: The key card that you siomply wave by the door lock instead of inserting it in a slot. Its way cooler and easier to use as it always works and doesn't matter which way the key faces. All light switches controlled at bedside. King sized bed is quite comfy. The drapes that close the balcony window is nice and thick and blocks out nearly all outside light. This is great for vampire mongers who party all night, but return to their crypts just before sunrise to sleep all day.

General layout: The hotel has direct elevator access to Central Festival, which is a large new 6 story shopping mall. Nice and shiny, but you've probably seen a mall before. The significance of it is that, while the elevator is open (11:00am to 11:00pm) you can actually get to your room with some chance of not being seen.

Some more large, unresized picks. (I'll figure out how to do that when I get back home.) One of the pool picks is from my room terrace, which is directly above the pool. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DSC03679.JPG

DSC03680.JPG

DSC03685.JPG

DSC03665.JPG

Yes UN4GIVN, I have 2 questions :

1 - Can you please resise your pics before posting, I cannot load them... 640x480 would be great.

2 - 11am to 11pm you can use the lift in central festival... Do you mean we can go through the shops and go to the room without going through the reception ?

Thanks for this report, and keep going (with resised pics)

JoJo,

Sorry about the pics. I'll learn how to resize them later on. In answer to question number two, yes that is correct. What you do is go through Central festival and find the Hilton elevator, which is towards the Beach Road side, and take the elevators to the 15th floor and NOT the 16th where the lobby is. from the 15th floor you can walk to the guest elevators largely unseen, and on to your room. This is theoretical as I haven't tried it. But if you pick up a girl from beach road during the day time, it should work.

I will now take a short nap and then on to Walking Street, where, hopefully, I'll find the answer to the most important hotel question.

The views from that pool are amazing: an ideal place for a sunset with a TG, thanks for the info and pics.

Pattaya is not just one more place where we can enjoy our favourite hobby, Pattaya is the sacred land where we can practise our religion.

For $200 USD and up a night, I'll pass. Summer Springs on Soi 1 has a rooftop pool with same sort of view for $43 a night.

Search: Summer Springs hotel Pattaya.

Hi mate, thanks a lot for the review and pics.

Can you take a picture of the bathroom please.

Yes 150-200 us may seem like a lot but..............

anyone from the USA, knows for what it looks like you get here

it is a very good deal. In USA 100-150 is only for a say 3 star hotel.

I think it looks better than holiday inn, dusit d2, and a suite at lk renaissance,

and location is good. Will consider strongly. If their is no hassle for bg,s it gets my vote.

markinaruba

Well, the main question has largely been answered. Brought my first Walking Street wonder home at around 01:30 am. She actually had a car and we drove back and she valet parked. Not sure what they'll charge for that but, what the hell. The guys at the ground floor bell desk were cordial and did not ask for ID or room number. They got the elevator for us and we got off on the 15th rather than 16th floor, totally bypassing the lobby. (so still not sure what they would say) The girl, who had been to most other hotels in Pattya, tells me the Amari is her favorite. But she seemed to really like the Hilton, especially the view from the terrace.

Still, I feel slightly our of place. For example, she was wearing a super short mini dress. Looked hot in it but I'd feel awkward taking her to breakfast. If she were wearing jeans, it would probably be fine. I confess, I'm a bot self conscious and maybe this isn't a problem for other guys. Up to you.

I should clarify that a basic room is nowhere near 200$. I got mine for 83$ and I've seen them on Expedia as low as 67$. Granted, this is an introductory rate and bound to go up, I doubt they'll be charging 200$ anytime soon.

Markinaruba, RE: the bathroom, very pretty but only one sink and not so much counter space for all your toiletries. I brought like 10 bottles of vitamins and supplements and it's hard to find space for them all. Would be worse if you hooked up with a lady for a few days and she needed some space too. But still, I like it. I snapped a few pics for you, at the risk of being chewed out for not resizing. Until I figure out how to do that, I shall remain...Unforgiven :-)

DSC03690.JPG

DSC03691.JPG

DSC03693.JPG

Can you tell us if the window between the bedroom and the bathroom can be blinded, or can we always see through.

Edit : the tutorial to resise pics is here, but don't waste your time with this now...You'll study this as you'll get time. Always remember to make copies of your pics before resising, so you don't loose the original quality.

Edited by jojomecanic

JoJo,

I downloaded fast stone and I'll try to use it for the pics in my trip report. As for the bathroom, the glass between the bedroom and the sink and bath tub is pure see through. For the toilet and shower, the glass is opaque, but it's a sliding door that can block the toilet OR the shower, but not both at once.