IGNORED

Review of Secrets Hotel & Tim's Boutique

semicharmed

I stayed at Secrets hotel and Tim's Boutique this past week and half. I first stayed at Secrets.

Secrets hotel - I arrived around 1:30am and check in was easy, paid 30% deposit. My room rate was 995BT for a superior room, it had a shower so I was Happy. My room was supposed to be on the 2nd Floor but there was mix up and I was now on the 3rd. They said I could move to the 2nd Floor tomorrow when it opened up. The room was pretty big but basic, big bed, mini frig,TV, elec safe, dressers and cabinet and table with two chairs. It's not that quiet sometimes, you can hear background noise or people talking downstairs in the alley. I guess if you're pissed/drunk they you might not notice that much.

The hotel is right off of WS, you can stumble back from Silver Star or Frogs Bar in 1 minutes. The bar downstairs is okay, seems like any other bar with cute girls. The only thing is that it's a little pricer then some of the others. 99 Bt for a Sigha and 150 for LD. Barfine was 600 and LT was 2000. I figured 1500 the most but I think they are not that busy and charge more, especially if you have newbies like myself staying there. The hotel was fine but I probably won't stay there again.

Tim's Boutique - I changed hotels half way through my trip. This hotel compared to Secrets is night and day. I also paid alot more. 2300 BT for Superior room with breakfast. This hotel was really nice, comparable to upscale western hotels. The room was very nice and bedding was great. Soft towels, better mini bar items. They have a nice pool on the roof with a swim up bar. There were concern over construction but I didn't really hear anything. The last day I was there they were giving free trips to Million Year Park because they were doing heavy construction and this would definitely bother the guest.

The girls really liked this hotel, no joiner fees by the way. hotel is located off of 2nd Road right near Kiss Food, near LK Metro area. It's right around the corner from Tim's Beer Bar. I really like this hotel but I'm not sure I would pay that much again. I wasn't in the room that much and seemed like a waste. I only stayed there 3 nights so it wasn't that bad. If I got a great deal then I would definitely stay there again.

I didn't get to check out LK Ren like I wanted to, but from the outside it looked nice enough. :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks for the info. Tim's always gets good reviews.

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

Thanks!

I will be in Pattaya next week and not yet sure to stay at Baywalk Residence or Tim Boutique!

Hard decision ;-)

Andy

• 4 months later...

Tim Boutique is a great hotel across the board, except that there is a bar that you have to walk by to get to it (Not Tim's), and the girls there will heckle your girl if you've brought back others before. That sucks.

Tim Boutique is a great hotel across the board, except that there is a bar that you have to walk by to get to it (Not Tim's), and the girls there will heckle your girl if you've brought back others before. That sucks.

Did you bring back one (or more) from the bar the heckling girls are based in or just girls from all over town? In the first case it would make sense, as they might be worried about one of them loosing face. If you're just bringing girls back to your hotel but haven't been mongering in their bar, then they really shouldn't care!!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tim's Boutique looked good to me at first, but then I noticed that you have to pay for wifi. Is this really the case? Unfortunately that's really a deal breaker for me.

Any recommendations for similar hotels with free, fast internet? Also no joiner fees (including for bringing back 2 girls, couples, etc).

I do actually enjoy Secrets, and have stayed there before. It does meet my above criteria. I woudn't mind something a little more upscale though. :)