IGNORED

Nova Gold Hotel

Nick88

Booked 7 days in mid Jan at this hotel because of a couple good reviews and a slick website, the problem is I ran across a comment alleging this hotel charged a joiner fee. I just about had a stroke as one of the main reasons I selected a half decent hotel was in anticipation of using it every night to entertain. Please tell me the rumors aren't true.

http://www.agoda.com...gold_hotel.html

Booked 7 days in mid Jan at this hotel because of a couple good reviews and a slick website, the problem is I ran across a comment alleging this hotel charged a joiner fee. I just about had a stroke as one of the main reasons I selected a half decent Hotel was in anticipation of using it every night to entertain. Please tell me the rumors aren't true.

Just called them for you. No Joiners fee. I would think that would need a little draw since they aren't very close to the beach. Nice area, though.

Just called them for you. No Joiners fee. I would think that would need a little draw since they aren't very close to the beach. Nice area, though.

Nice thing to do for the newbee dave..hats off to you sir :Good_One:

Nice thing to do for the newbee dave..hats off to you sir :Good_One:

Not a problem. Always willing to help.

Hey thanks, really appreciate the peace of mind, now I can get back to my sordid plans. Will be there Jan 11-16 as a solo traveler on my way to Taiwan, hope that hotels not to far out of the way I'm like a kid before Christmas checking out you tube videos and shit, can't wait to get in the mix.

Hey thanks, really appreciate the peace of mind, now I can get back to my sordid plans. Will be there Jan 11-16 as a solo traveler on my way to Taiwan, hope that Hotels not to far out of the way I'm like a kid before Christmas checking out you tube videos and shit, can't wait to get in the mix.

you are about a 1 minute walk to Soi 6 so def not out of the way

Hey thanks, really appreciate the peace of mind, now I can get back to my sordid plans. Will be there Jan 11-16 as a solo traveler on my way to Taiwan, hope that Hotels not to far out of the way I'm like a kid before Christmas checking out you tube videos and shit, can't wait to get in the mix.

A little far from the action, but you can take a Baht bus straight down to the beach. Only 10 Baht. Now you are a bit far to Walking Street, but personally, a bit touristy for me. You find some nice places that are a bit closer.

Nick,

I hope you remember to post a review as it looks pretty new and nothing on the forums about it.

I am staying at Citin Loft (not far from Nova Gold) in January, but if I am not happy there I would consider Nova Gold for my April trip.

Reviews say thet there is no hot water at Citin Loft - I hope thats bullshit, a I plan for many showers!

So let us know how you get on, thanks.

Reviews say thet there is no hot water at Citin Loft - I hope thats bullshit, a I plan for many showers!

You will/should/probably have an instantaneous electric shower!

Nick,

I hope you remember to post a review as it looks pretty new and nothing on the forums about it.

I am staying at Citin Loft (not far from Nova Gold) in January, but if I am not happy there I would consider Nova Gold for my April trip.

So let us know how you get on, thanks.

The rooms do have hot water (Just called and checked). Everyplace seems to have issues with hot water...even my Condo. Often, it has to do with the heating unit. Just let it run for a while and you will be fine.

Approximately 1,500 baht per night and no hot water? That sounds really bad to me.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Hey mate, I am staying next door in the Siam View, Get there Jan 5 till Feb 10, my 13th trip..If you wanna beer will be happy to buy you one....neighbour!!!! ha ha

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Hey mate, I am staying next door in the Siam View, Get there Jan 5 till Feb 10, my 13th trip..If you wanna beer will be happy to buy you one....neighbour!!!! ha ha

Sure thing, we could have a couple and you can make some suggestions as to the best utilization of my limited time. It's always fun to show a new guy around and while this is not my first time in Thailand it is my first trip without a girlfriend.

Sure thing, we could have a couple and you can make some suggestions as to the best utilization of my limited time. It's always fun to show a new guy around and while this is not my first time in Thailand it is my first trip without a girlfriend.

Done deal.....

Nova Gold is a very good property; it is the only 4 star property with 3 star rates. Only hotel to have all rooms with Desktop computers & Internet.

I have stayed in Nova Gold hotel 2 times.

Only disadvantage is that its located bit far away as already posted by Honorable Senior Member.

I feel still it is the most value for money hotel in Pattaya.

Another good property which I recommend is Tim Boutique hotel in 2nd road, though bit expensive but very good location and very luxurious rooms. More over it has Jacuzzi Deluxe rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I just booked my week in the Nova Gold, thank-you all for your advices !!

I read that there is no Joiners fee, is this also valid for the second girl?

See you there :Cheers9:

bob.

i usually stay next door in siam view,one of the best locations to stay imo,5 mins from Soi 6 big c and the baht bus circuit jamesons for some decent grub, a thai jimjum inbetween nova gold and siam and of course -5 ice bar:),didnt stay there this trip but planning on 2 weeks in ktk residence next trip

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I stayed in Nova Gold for my first trip. The hotel was just opened at that time and they offered us special rate 1000BHT/night. All the rooms are 1st class quality and inside the rooms there are 32" Samsung Plazma, desktop computer with Wi-fi, room safe, hot water, small balcony etc. If I have money for my next trip I will stay in Nova Gold again. Here are some photos of the the room I stayed smile.gif

SDC11138.JPG

SDC11139.JPG

SDC11140.JPG

SDC11141.JPG

SDC11142.JPG

SDC11143.JPG

i usually stay next door in siam view,one of the best locations to stay imo,5 mins from soi 6 big c and the baht bus circuit jamesons for some decent grub, a thai jimjum inbetween nova gold and siam and of course -5 ice bar:),didnt stay there this trip but planning on 2 weeks in ktk residence next trip

Thats where I always stay, I reckon its one of the better places, no silly high season hikes etc. You there in Jan/Feb?

Thanks Darksilk!

500 bahts not so cheap :Anger:!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed in Nova Gold for my first trip. The hotel was just opened at that time and they offered us special rate 1000BHT/night. All the rooms are 1st class quality and inside the rooms there are 32" Samsung Plazma, desktop computer with Wi-fi, room safe, hot water, small balcony etc. If I have money for my next trip I will stay in Nova Gold again. Here are some photos of the the room I stayed :)

post-37423-0-77385800-1292321475.jpg

post-37423-0-87907400-1292321476.jpg

post-37423-0-79538900-1292321477.jpg

post-37423-0-96151100-1292321478.jpg

post-37423-0-01952400-1292321480.jpg

post-37423-0-98072900-1292321480.jpg

Thanks for the pics & info.

This hotel looks nice & your post has helped me a lot.

:001_Thank_You5:

Thanks for the pics & info.

This hotel looks nice & your post has helped me a lot.

Well if you are thinking to stay in Nova Gold between 11 Jan-15 April they have been offering a special promotion that is Free Superior upgrade to Executive Room - Book (Superior Room) 3 night(s) or more and the price of a superior room is 1580B/night. You can look at their website and get more info.

http://www.oamhotels.com/novagold/

Well if you are thinking to stay in Nova Gold between 11 Jan-15 April they have been offering a special promotion that is Free Superior upgrade to Executive Room - Book (Superior Room) 3 night(s) or more and the price of a superior room is 1580B/night. You can look at their website and get more info.

http://www.oamhotels.com/novagold/

Thanks for the extra info & the website. :GoldenSmile1:

An aside note, the food for the hotel is prepared by the Jameson Pub and it was

the best food I had in any of the hotels I stayed in Pattaya.

Do unto others then run like a mother

Archived