IGNORED

The Best Steak in Pattaya

After a couple of weeks of beautiful Thai food, I get a longing for a nice juicy char-grilled steak. Is this even possible in Pattaya? I've tried a couple of places, but they aren't up to the mark..

Where do you guys go?

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also cannot find a good steak in Pattaya, a few places dish up a steak but the buggers can't cook it, also got severely ill one trip from a steak so I'm super cautious now. I've found the lamb chops at the pattaya beer garden are pretty good.

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

try the Kings Table restaurant on Soi 13

across from Sandy Spring

<strong class='bbc'></strong><br /><br />I don't want you to swallow it all,just some of it<br /><br />I'll spray the rest on your face and tits

Beefeater and Long horn steakhouse (munching 400 g steaks after my workouts in Tony's), almost opposite each other. Both of them are good, but Beefeater gets half a star more from me.

I read some people liked Manhatten steakhouse in Jomtien as well, but it's rather pricy, and not sure if they had a dress code as well.

Sizzler used to make good steaks, but I'm not a real fan of theirs anymore.

Beefeater and Long horn steakhouse (munching 400 g steaks after my workouts in Tony's), almost opposite each other. Both of them are good, but Beefeater gets half a star more from me.

I read some people liked Manhatten steakhouse in Jomtien as well, but it's rather pricy, and not sure if they had a dress code as well.

Sizzler used to make good steaks, but I'm not a real fan of theirs anymore.

I didn't think Long Horn was all that great. Excellent service though and the meals came out quickly.

single-mum.jpg

I had a fantastic steak a few weeks ago at Patrick's Belgian Restaurant, located in the same arcade as Big Horn Steakhouse.

I guess the key is to ensure you are getting some decent imported beef.

The Fillet Mignon I had was sourced from New Zealand, and it blew me away.

The accompaniments on the plate were OK, albeit not remarkable.

Cheers

Koykaeng

I guess the key is to ensure you are getting some decent imported beef.

Koykaeng

That is indeed the key here and that's why it's pricey. Thai beef is horrible.

the ones mentioned in the Arcade are good indeed with imported Aussie beef (Longhorn, Patricks, Beefeater). I haven't tried yeat but mightb be worth having a look at the new-ish Barzilian churrascaria in front of Central Festival. It's that free standing building on the Festival fore court at Beach Rd. Heard good things about it and Brazil beef should be top notch, too.

Sounds good so far, I heard some places serve "beef" but it is actually Thai buffalo. Is there any truth to this? The trouble is not the beef as Australian and New Zealand beef is top grade - its finding a good chef to cook it.

I suspect some of them just fry it in the wok.

single-mum.jpg

I have been to Manhattans many times, very good beef/steak, like the other BM said, its pricy tho, top service aswell, they all so do a 2 or 3 course set menu

Another place is down the road, Cafe De Amis, same side as manhattans but heading towards pattaya, very good steak and cheaper, good service aswell

Beefeaters is a top place, right in the centre of pattaya, good steak and a good price, it gets very busy in the high season

If you want top steak in pattaya you will pay for it, 2 and a half more weeks for me b4 i touch down

Laters

Dirty

Thanks for your input, guys.

Manhattans is on the list - I didn't see that last time where is it?

single-mum.jpg

Manhattans Pattaya

A great place to go. You can also call them to have their shuttle bus pick you up.

A bit expensive, but a great night out!

• 3 weeks later...

the mantra has a waagyu steak for 4000baht!!!! i guess it has to be good, anyone had one?

• 4 months later...

That is indeed the key here and that's why it's pricey. Thai beef is horrible.

my wife buys tenderloin (fillet steak), the only kind of beef that is eatable in los

the ones mentioned in the Arcade are good indeed with imported Aussie beef (Longhorn, Patricks, Beefeater). I haven't tried yeat but mightb be worth having a look at the new-ish Barzilian churrascaria in front of Central Festival. It's that free standing building on the Festival fore court at Beach Rd. Heard good things about it and Brazil beef should be top notch, too.

argentinian, not brazilian, beef is "top notch"

Sounds good so far, I heard some places serve "beef" but it is actually Thai buffalo. Is there any truth to this? The trouble is not the beef as Australian and New Zealand beef is top grade - its finding a good chef to cook it.

I suspect some of them just fry it in the wok.

i guess that thai buffalos are even a lot better than thai cows

Thanks for your input, guys.

Manhattans is on the list - I didn't see that last time where is it?

half way between pattaya and jomtien on the corner of soi norway (soi 15)

I have just tried the Beefeater on soi Diana. Good quality Australian beef and cooked correctly. Pepper steak with potato gratin was delicious. AAAHHHH! Now feeling very satisfied. Around 500฿ for a steak. Beer was cold too. Will definitely return when I need my red meat fix.

single-mum.jpg

my wife buys tenderloin (fillet steak), the only kind of beef that is eatable in los

I had a tour through Big C and Carrefour, but wasn't overly impressed with their meat selection. Considering spending some time in Patts and was investigating the cost of living and what you can obtain here. I know you can get imported Australian and New Zealand beef/lamb etc. but I don't know where to get it.

single-mum.jpg

Archived